Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2016 MKZ Engine Lineup

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

A welcome addition to the MKZ would be the 2.3L GTDI as base motor.  Very similar specs to the MKC model, but I then see no reason to offer the 2.0L anymore. Lots of major hybrid powertrain changes coming in 2017 that won't be ready yet.  I may have floated a rumor in the past that a performance MKZ is coming.  If it does, we should all expect the new 3.0L GTDI in it, right? Complete with new Focus RS AWD system?

Edited by BuckNakidd

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Well, do keep in mind that Ford finally has a performance engine family that will fit the Fusion/MKZ platform with nano.  They could never fit the D35 in it prior.  So there is that.  Then keep in mind that Ford Performance has a long list of products yet to introduce before it fills it's 12 vehicle strategy quota.

Edited by BuckNakidd

I'm expecting the MKZ to go with an all turbo line up: 2.0T base, 2.3T midlevel to replace the 3.7L V6, and a new 2.7T AWD performance trim.

It's a real shame Ford is killing off the 3.7L V6 so soon. With direct injection and some tweaking, they could have been making an easy 20 more horsepower and lb-ft of torque. N/A V6s still have their place, it's a shame we're letting this goofy turbocharging fad take over. Do people not realize how much complexity and maintenance it adds to the life of a car? The fuel economy bonus is really not what people think it is.

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Displacement of a mosquito, consumption of a whale.  Super complication on top of all that dysfunction.

Come now, I bet you have been told a million times, not to exaggerate ;)

Truth is, fewer cylinders will always use less fuel in a comparable engine output, except under heavy load, where they then use the same fuel.

Most people drive light to moderate load, under spirited driving, let alone just cruising.

Well, do keep in mind that Ford finally has a performance engine family that will fit the Fusion/MKZ platform with nano.  They could never fit the D35 in it prior.  So there is that.  Then keep in mind that Ford Performance has a long list of products yet to introduce before it fills it's 12 vehicle strategy quota.

While true, I don't think there is much life left in the current iteration of the car.  Those engines will probably go into the next version.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

While true, I don't think there is much life left in the current iteration of the car.  Those engines will probably go into the next version.

Well, there is a freshening coming, and several additional engines available as well.  

Well, there is a freshening coming, and several additional engines available as well.  

Yeah, it really depends on how much of a refresh Ford does on them.  If there is a substantial change in looks, then I bet we'll also see something new under the hood.  One thing I do hope they tackle is the NVH in the 2.0T models... it really isn't befitting a Lincoln.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Yeah, it really depends on how much of a refresh Ford does on them.  If there is a substantial change in looks, then I bet we'll also see something new under the hood.  One thing I do hope they tackle is the NVH in the 2.0T models... it really isn't befitting a Lincoln.

Ford sometimes makes more engineering changes than they do sheet metal.  New MKZ freshening will be more about aligning to the new look of Lincoln sedans then a heavy makeover.....but powertrain is another arena they are giddy about going full bore with.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

MKZ exterior needs no work, its stunning.

The fusionesque interior needs to go, it needs a luxury car interior.

2.7 TT v6 would be the best motor for this rig.......2.3 would be a great base motor........

Lincoln responded quickly when customers demanded their buttons back, as seen in the new MKX.

We can expect a significant interior redo for Z as well, especially around the center console, due to the complete redo there.

2016-lincoln-mkx-interior-view.jpg

Edited by BuckNakidd

Displacement of a mosquito, consumption of a whale.  Super complication on top of all that dysfunction.

Truth is, fewer cylinders will always use less fuel in a comparable engine output, except under heavy load, where they then use the same fuel.

Most people drive light to moderate load, under spirited driving, let alone just cruising.

that's the theory but it rarely pans out that way in the real world..........

that's the theory but it rarely pans out that way in the real world..........

Agreed, I have yet to see the turbo small engines with the same output of HP / Torque to a V8 actually hit their MPG numbers unless they have a fairy driving the auto gently.