Where's everyone from?

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Northern Metro Detroit suburb, working at Ford, raised in a GM household, father retired from Cadillac Fisher Body.  Own 2 Ford's, 1 Gm and a classic mopar.   Tallied up cars I have either purchased or leased in my tender young age of 50, and the total is over 50, not including 3 motorcycles and several boats.  Motorsports, Hockey, and UFC are my passions. 

where i57 and i64 meet, but originally from the city of roses, the biggest town between st louis and memphis, famouos for a failed demo of a bridge, CAPE GIRARDEAU MISSOURI!  (now reread it like a WWE announcer) ;)

where i57 and i64 meet, but originally from the city of roses, the biggest town between st louis and memphis, famouos for a failed demo of a bridge, CAPE GIRARDEAU MISSOURI!  (now reread it like a WWE announcer) ;)

I tried to read it like a WWE announcer...but alls that I got going is this...

Lets Get Ready To RUUUUUMMMMMBLE!!!

and then my mind went to this

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NMvRnpDCzo

and let me not forget this one...OOOOOH YEAH!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

With that many videos being posted, I'm beginning to see why MT's servers might have been under strain....  :dizzy:  :dizzy:

You want me to cool it with the videos?

Ill understand.

I'm joking about the server strain... it doesn't really hurt anything there. But people browsing on mobile may not appreciate it.   We like videos... just perhaps keep it to when really needed to make your point or discuss something.

I'm joking about the server strain... it doesn't really hurt anything there. But people browsing on mobile may not appreciate it.   We like videos... just perhaps keep it to when really needed to make your point or discuss something.

Okie dokie...

Edited by oldshurst442

Burlington, IA is where I was mostly raised and currently live.  I've lived on Ft. Bragg, NC when I was in the Army, Killeen, TX when my sister was in the Army, and spent 3 years in Lansing, MI before moving back to IA this time last year.  I lived a couple other places growing up when with Mom (my parents had 50/50 custody), but Dad was always in Burlington so I stick with that. 

To be more specific, I came from this town in very Northern India. Elevation about 6000 feet, tops out at around 9000.  I went to a Catholic School for until about 7, and I spoke English quite like a Canadian even then. Weird really how I have no accent, neither English accent or Indian. I lived in a township of this town of about 700 ish people. At the time, Solan had 25,000 residents in the entire district. Now it's pushing close 100K. I haven't visited since, but my father did; and there's been progress, the good and bad kind. They have all the 4 seasons like Toronto. 

Snowfall_solan_city.jpg

Northern Metro Detroit suburb, working at Ford, raised in a GM household, father retired from Cadillac Fisher Body.  Own 2 Ford's, 1 Gm and a classic mopar.   Tallied up cars I have either purchased or leased in my tender young age of 50, and the total is over 50, not including 3 motorcycles and several boats.  Motorsports, Hockey, and UFC are my passions. 

Oh goodie, another one from the D..... :pbjtime:

I'm just from the suburbs..... :neenerneener:

Dude, that's nuts. I currently live in Cape Girardeau.

I'm from a little bit of everywhere, however. My parents were military and so was I. I was born and raised for a few years in Germany, lived in Texas on three different occasion, Lousiana, North Dakota, California, Arkansas. I've lived in Missouri longer than anywhere else, so I suppose this is as close to home as I'm gonna get for now.

To be more specific, I came from this town in very Northern India. Elevation about 6000 feet, tops out at around 9000.  I went to a Catholic School for until about 7, and I spoke English quite like a Canadian even then. Weird really how I have no accent, neither English accent or Indian. I lived in a township of this town of about 700 ish people. At the time, Solan had 25,000 residents in the entire district. Now it's pushing close 100K. I haven't visited since, but my father did; and there's been progress, the good and bad kind. They have all the 4 seasons like Toronto. 

Fascinating!

Edited by Frisky Dingo

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Ok, you guys are going waaaayyy back.

I was born In Agrinio Greece, but parents then moved to Nafpaktos Greece before immigrating here with entire family in tow when I was about 3.  Hardly remember much at all.  City has become a tourist mecca now.  My family is going back next month for 2 weeks, 3 weeks total with some stay in London on family business.  We are pretty geeked.  My parents have a condo one block from the beach and we can stay as long as we like.  

If any of you have ever thought to go, you have to take in Nafpaktos. Gorgeous little town that still holds on to it's old fishing village world charm.

12503237af1273cc2c02830fdf39f3b2.jpg

i.naupaktos-20131204.jpg

Pictures never do this country justice.  So much beauty.

You fly into Athens, and eventually cross the gorgeous Rion-Antirion bridge to get there.....

i.rio-antirio_bridge_cropped-20131204.jp

Rural eastern Ohio originally, 6 years in the Florida Keys as a kid, NE Ohio for college and grad school, Ann Arbor, Michigan for more grad school, then over a decade in Colorado (Colorado Springs and Denver), and the last 7 years in Phoenix, Arizona.   My next move is imminent or not so imminent and TBA..

With that many videos being posted, I'm beginning to see why MT's servers might have been under strain....  :dizzy:  :dizzy:

You want me to cool it with the videos?

Ill understand.

Olds..he kind of love videos.. hahaha