Chevy CRUZE surpasses 3.5 million sales Globally

1433348128509.jpg

DETROIT – Chevrolet Cruze, the brand’s best-selling car around the world, has surpassed 3.5 million global sales, a milestone that comes as Chevrolet prepares to introduce the next-generation Cruze on June 24.

“When we introduced the Cruze it replaced 15 other compact vehicles around the globe,” said Alan Batey, president, General Motors North America and global Chevrolet brand chief. “By consolidating design, engineering and marketing efforts, we were able to produce an award-winning, value-driven sedan that won over customers around the world.”

In the United States, Cruze total sales were 273,060 in 2014 – a 10 percent increase over 2013. It is also the segment’s second-best seller to customers under 25 in the U.S. Importantly, Cruze brings new buyers to Chevrolet – 35 percent of all buyers are new to the brand.

GM Press Release

It's been a very good car for Chevrolet, no doubt about it. Not terribly exciting, but well-built, good-looking, and with good quality materialsfor the segment. The new one looks like it will pick up where this one left off, which is something GM really hasn't had in this segment before.

The car has done its job and carried GM well post Chapter 11.

I expect the new car to improve things in many areas and one will be weight and the other MPG.

I truly expect the new car priced right will only improve on what this one has done. This is not an excitement class but one of solid reliable and durable cars. People want a car they can buy and not have to worry about. Chevy upped things with added comfort with the last and I expect that to continue here as the other companies interiors are just flat drab at best.

With a stagnate economy cars like this will be very important as people down size because of less income. Chevy will have a strong one two punch with this one and the Malibu.

I like the current pre-refresh Cruze's look. A very clean and classy look.

We've all seen the leaked redesign. I didn't care for it. I see a Toyota Corolla with a bow-tie on it in this image. Fancy. I guess Chevy wants it to be a fancy Corolla. Fine by me; and plenty of people will gobble them up.