Chevrolet News:Whoops! 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Makes A Early Debut

Chevrolet has an interesting week. Tomorrow, the automaker will be revealing the next-generation Cruze. Then a day after, the 6th generation Camaro Convertible will be shown for the first time.

Unfortunately for Chevrolet, someone posted the images of the new Camaro Convertible on Chevy's site. The company has pulled them down, but the folks at Camaro6.com got the images. Not surprisingly, the convertible looks much the same as the coupe.

We'll have more details on the drop-top Camaro later this week.

Source: Camaro6.com

View full article

Likely before the Cascada, put it that way. Is that thing still a go?

Yes. The media drives are late summer / early fall.  More than likely, William or I will get to test one out to give you our opinion.

Because the best time for convertibles is when the sun is hottest or winter is approaching???  :banghead:

I love GM but sometimes they really do drag $h! out to times that are simply insane.

In fact.. I still remain confused as to how and why a Camaro.. which isn't even out yet is on the same platform as an ATS that has been on the market since 2013.. is getting a convertible and the Caddy isn't

camaro-convertible1-1.jpg

Yes. The media drives are late summer / early fall.  More than likely, William or I will get to test one out to give you our opinion.

Because the best time for convertibles is when the sun is hottest or winter is approaching???  :banghead:

I love GM but sometimes they really do drag $h! out to times that are simply insane.

In fact.. I still remain confused as to how and why a Camaro.. which isn't even out yet is on the same platform as an ATS that has been on the market since 2013.. is getting a convertible and the Caddy isn't

It has more to do with when the car goes on sale.  Early to Mid-September is perfect convertible weather in my view.

my 

It has more to do with when the car goes on sale.  Early to Mid-September is perfect convertible weather in my view.

I understand this to a degree, but for me.. top comes off in April.. My larger point remains that the ATS .. and CTS should have convertibles along with coupes (CTS) now.

my

Yes. The media drives are late summer / early fall. More than likely, William or I will get to test one out to give you our opinion.

Because the best time for convertibles is when the sun is hottest or winter is approaching??? :banghead:

It has more to do with when the car goes on sale. Early to Mid-September is perfect convertible weather in my view.

I understand this to a degree, but for me.. top comes off in April.. My larger point remains that the ATS .. and CTS should have convertibles along with coupes (CTS) now.

If it's a case of limited dollars for new product launches then I'd say go with your hot hand. The Camaro droptop is a surefire seller, and likely in large quantities. As much as I'd like to see an ATS droptop, I'll grit my teeth and say that GM made the right call here.

It's just a test drive.  We don't get to keep it for months and months

Although, It would be cool to do a long-term test.

You live in Michigan. You'd get to put the top down for about 15 minutes sometime in mid-August.  :sneeze:

I read during the unveiling of the ATS Coupe that one of the major benefits of the less dramatic design was that it can pull double duty for a convertible. It was shelved during tight financial times, but I have a feeling we'll see an ATS vert with the Camaro's hardware.

If it's a case of limited dollars for new product launches then I'd say go with your hot hand. The Camaro droptop is a surefire seller, and likely in large quantities. As much as I'd like to see an ATS droptop, I'll grit my teeth and say that GM made the right call here.

GM no longer has "limited dollars." The investment in a chopping of an existing top would be minimal.. and the premium they could charge on a Cadillac, even if they made it exclusive to a "Special Edition" VSport ATS with 75 less Ponies 

There's always a budget, meng. As much as Barra and Reuss would like to play with Mad Money they can't slip back into old habits. If it's any comfort I used the same argument on the ATS droptop you used on my dreamed-for Cruze (and Sonic, indirectly) SS a year or so ago :(