Chevrolet News:Debut: 2016 Chevrolet Cruze

CAFE might actually make all wheel drive show up in more cars. A lot of people are buying these small to midsize crossovers because they want all wheel drive. In 2025 car makers need to be near 40 mpg EPA combined to hit the 54 mpg CAFE target. The more cars in the mix the easier that will be to do.

Sonic SHOULD be getting an SS. It's about time GM got back into the sport compact game. The Sonic is BEGGING for it, and the RS was just a tease without more power.

granted.. but THIS is now seriously asking for the 2.0L T 

Too bad Chevy doesn't have the balls to make it..

Yeah.. but they have the BALLS to make a Camaro RS, SS, Z28, ZL1 and a Corvette and Z06.. an SS.. yeah.. I would take that over what your boys at Ford shovel us any day of the weak.. 

Well Ford competes with the Camaro(GT/350/350R)..obviously no Corvette competition but they do have a legitimate supercar that Chevy does not have.. Ford offers performance across waaaaay more platforms. Nothing against any of those Chevys. Those three are great in their respective classes and the Corvette fights well out of its weight class. And the SS..I feel is just underrated.. I said it somewhere else yesterday but I wish more were selling so I could pick one up used in a few years for a good price because it is an awesome car.

It just depends what market for a car you're in. Ford offers performance variants down to their Fiesta ST and up the the GT and a lot in the middle. To each their own because I would take Ford's lineup of performance cars over Chevy's line of performance cars.

Also, isn't the Camaro RS just like an aesthetic package..?

The reason people buy CUV models is the utility. The sedan today is nearly damn Impossible to get anything in the trunk do to the short lids. The CUV can hall as many people and a heck of a lot more cargo. The head room is more and most people like sitting up higher.

The take rate on a CUV is about 50% and generally not a prime reason for buying.

there is a segment out there that has no clue that you can get around well with out it or they just have no skills. I will agree there is the long driveway folks who don't plow too.

We will only buy AWD now because it has proven to be a big deal to us with our driveway which is very steep.  We can get away without plowing since both of our cars are AWD.   If we moved, that requirement could change.  Personally, I would like my partner to have a Volt or Cadillac ELR that someone else took the depreciation hit on.

Most mainstream cars that offer AWD use a crappy passive system that only sends a small fraction of power to the rear wheels. Honda's system was so bad on the CR-V that it was literally adding a badge and 200+ lbs to the vehicle without being able to power the rear wheels, they had to reprogram the car in a TSB campaign. It's still an incredibly weak system that isn't worth the weight, mileage, or cost penalties.

GM's passive system is reasonably good, able to send up to 50% of power rearward, but most of the time the car is driving 100% or 95% FWD even in the rain. There are a lot of false assumptions about AWD. Most people literally think they're getting full time 50/50 split 4-wheel-drive, and they drive the car in adverse conditions with false confidence. Others believe AWD is a performance booster on CUVs and sedans, which is completely wrong.

For most people buying AWD, it's the equivalent of paying $2000 to have 200-300 lbs of bricks strapped to your undercarriage and the misconception that they're driving a rally car.

The AWD in the Trax and Encore is actually one of the best out there. When you are stopped, you are in true 4x4 mode.  Once you get going and the car decides everything is kosher in the traction department, it switches the AWD to FWD.

If they did AWD in the Cruze (and hopefully the Verano), that is the system I would want them to use.

The AWD in the Trax and Encore is actually one of the best out there. When you are stopped, you are in true 4x4 mode.  Once you get going and the car decides everything is kosher in the traction department, it switches the AWD to FWD.

If they did AWD in the Cruze (and hopefully the Verano), that is the system I would want them to use.

If they do AWD in the upcoming Verano, it will use the torque vectoring HALDEX system from the Regal and Lacrosse, which is one of the best (FWD-based) systems in the world. The Trax and Encore, as far as I know, use a traditional system albeit with good programming.

If they do AWD in the upcoming Verano, it will use the torque vectoring HALDEX system from the Regal and Lacrosse, which is one of the best (FWD-based) systems in the world. The Trax and Encore, as far as I know, use a traditional system albeit with good programming.

I would be fine with either one as long as it gets me out of the driveway in the snow, and I know for a fact that the Encore's system can.

Sonic SHOULD be getting an SS. It's about time GM got back into the sport compact game. The Sonic is BEGGING for it, and the RS was just a tease without more power.

Yeah.. but they have the BALLS to make a Camaro RS, SS, Z28, ZL1 and a Corvette and Z06.. an SS.. yeah.. I would take that over what your boys at Ford shovel us any day of the weak.. 

Well Ford competes with the Camaro(GT/350/350R)..obviously no Corvette competition but they do have a legitimate supercar that Chevy does not have.. Ford offers performance across waaaaay more platforms. Nothing against any of those Chevys. Those three are great in their respective classes and the Corvette fights well out of its weight class. And the SS..I feel is just underrated.. I said it somewhere else yesterday but I wish more were selling so I could pick one up used in a few years for a good price because it is an awesome car.

It just depends what market for a car you're in. Ford offers performance variants down to their Fiesta ST and up the the GT and a lot in the middle. To each their own because I would take Ford's lineup of performance cars over Chevy's line of performance cars.

Are we comparing Ford vs Chevy.. or Ford vs GM??? Certainly since Ford is only REALLY Ford.. with nothing else.. it should by the numbers have more performance oriented Variants than Chevy which also has Buick and Caddy to share in the performance. What does Ford have right NOW??? Mustang... Focus ST ...Fiesta ST... Taurus SHO.. Raptor??? That's really all they have GM has ATS-V, CTS-V.. CTS-VSport.. XTS-VSport.. Vette,.. SS... Camaro... Regal GS.. Verano Turbo... Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit the who Cadillac ATS and CTS line-up is more performance oriented than most of Ford.. 2.5L ATS included..

• Agree 1

Are we comparing Ford vs Chevy.. or Ford vs GM??? Certainly since Ford is only REALLY Ford.. with nothing else.. it should by the numbers have more performance oriented Variants than Chevy which also has Buick and Caddy to share in the performance. What does Ford have right NOW??? Mustang... Focus ST ...Fiesta ST... Taurus SHO.. Raptor??? That's really all they have GM has ATS-V, CTS-V.. CTS-VSport.. XTS-VSport.. Vette,.. SS... Camaro... Regal GS.. Verano Turbo... Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit the who Cadillac ATS and CTS line-up is more performance oriented than most of Ford.. 2.5L ATS included..

Hmmm.. I was only doing Ford Vs Chevy because those two actually compete.. we all know Ford has nothing for Cadillac.

Buuuuuuut saying the Regal GS and Verano Turbo are performance cars is like saying the Edge Sport or Explorer Sport or the past Fusion Sport are performance vehicles. We all know they aren't. They just offer top trim with enough power to not be boring. I also don't really consider the VSports in this category. Just because they are faster than any Ford sedan doesn't make them actual performance cars like the true V-Series. Overall, I still don't think they have many more true performance cars than Ford does. YES they definitely offer more cars for the enthusiast such as the whole ATS/CTS/CT6 lineup and they will run circles around the average Ford sedan but they aren't actual performance variants. To me, GM has the ATS-V, CTS-V, Camaro SS, SS, Corvette. The VSports are gnarly and all, super badass having 400+hp. I just don't see them as actual performance variants. They seem like a BMW 550 to the base 535 or a MB E400 to the base E250.  Obviously, just my personal opinion on them though.