Dodge News: Dodge Increases Hellcat Engine Production Due To Increased Demand

The Dodge Hellcat models are a huge success with 4,000 Challenger and Charger Hellcat models sold out of a total of 88,000 muscle cars.

"It's a small sliver of what we sell, but it really creates a halo for the rest of the lineup," said Dodge and SRT CEO Tim Kuniskis to Automotive News.

It has become quite a success for the brand that Dodge is increasing production of the Hellcat engine to help reduce the "huge flood” of orders. This will be the second increase in production of the Hellcat models.

"We're going to build more [Hellcats] for 2016. We stopped taking all Hellcat orders months ago so that we could catch up to that demand, and then we will launch the 2016s," said Kuniskis.

Kuniskis didn't say how much of a production increase they will do.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article

• Agree 1

Sure...and maybe by 2017...a power bump and possibly a mild refresh to keep things current.

Id wait until 2017 to buy one...sure I dont get to flaunt Hell at my fingertips...like NOW...but its well worth the wait money wise. "Good things come to those who wait" I believe is the saying. Especially for my pockets...

On the other hand...707 HP and 650 ft/lbs torque and driving it NOW is well worth the price of admission...because you own the Hellcat...NOW!!!  You dont have to wait 2 years to experience...HELL...What a ride that is I bet!!!

If you really wants this car...and you see this video...and there are other videos that are much better than this one...honestly...could you actually wait 2 years to own one?

I know if I had the money and space...and the weather to cooperate with me...I wouldnt want to wait 2 years....I WOULD WANT THIS CAR....LIKE...YESTERDAY!!!

I know I contradicted myself in this post regarding the timeline of waiting to own this machine...I honesty would be amongst the first to buy the Challenger Hellcat had I had the money and not lived in Montreal...weather and gas prices...so yeah...Id be one of those fools to pay the premium for one...however...Id be a very happy fool...and possibly a dead one...or at the very least...divorced with no legal drivers license from all the speeding tickets and demerit points Id inherit with this car.

If I had Jay Leno money with a Jay Leno car garage...Id make myself a spot for a few cars...Id name that spot...Hades Corner...and I would spotlight all the Devil themed cars...

Challenger and Charger Hellcat

Lamborghini El Diablo

1958 Plymouth Fury....several different vintage Furys actually

1970 Dodge Demon

2009 Corvette ZR-1 (Blue Devil), etc...

I had the pleasure of driving a 2015 Scat Pack Challenger and I LOVED it.  I want one so bad now.  I don't even need the Hellcat as the Scat Pack has all the power you need on the street.  And if you are into drag racing I have heard of folks running high 11's with just drag radials and no other mods.  BTW - the one I drove was an 8-speed auto and I loved that trans so much that even though I'm a die hard manual trans guy, I would actually take the auto over the stick.

Just got to get some remodeling done on the house first and see if I have money left.  My wife isn't necessarily a performance car enthusiast but after one ride in the Challenger, she seems to be fully on board with getting one (though she would prefer the Charger).