Lexus News: Rumorpile: Production Lexus LF-LC To Be Named SC, Come As 2017 Model Year Vehicle

We know that Lexus is planning to produce a production version of the LF-LC coupe concept shown a few years ago, but details about it have been somewhat scarce. However, Automobile has some tantalizing details about it.

First up, the coupe will wear the SC nameplate. This name was last seen on a hardtop convertible in 2010. The SC will use the underpinnings of the next-generation LS and feature 3 engine choices: a high-output version of the 5.0L V8, a hybrid powertrain, and a twin-turbocharged V8 with close to 600 horsepower.

We could be seeing the SC next year as a 2017 model.

Source: Automobile

View full article

This was such a sexy concept when it first came out.

lexus-sports-concept.jpg

lexus_lf_lc_2011_b94f5-540-360.jpg

It still is. The profile of this car is sick!!!

I just hope Lexus keeps the sleekness of it.

And the predator face grill....I hate it...but not on this car...

14761B455148460D09DEA4

All the lines and creases that lead into the grill flow so nicely and coherently...and the same happens in the back.

20120412192901237.jpg

What a beautifully designed car this is. I hope Lexus keeps the production model as is, I might actually buy one. 

If an Oldsmobile 442 was the gentleman's Hot Rod, then this is the gentleman's sports car.

OK...maybe Aston Martin holds that title...I dont care....this gentleman wishes that this car is in his driveway one day.

The only time I would say the Predator Mouth Grill works on their cars.

As proven at Pikes Peak, it would be awesome to have an EV model with 600HP and 1000lbs of torque to move this. People would buy it I truly believe.

Cadillac should do this, have a performance EV with a decent 200-300 mile battery system.

Why can't the 5.0 V8 version be the Supra and have Lexus get the hybrid and 600 hp engine?

I'd like to see them do a new I-6 and maybe turbo it for a Supra.

Why note make the New Supera an EV auto with a decent electric motor and a 200 mile range?

As I have posted in other threads about electric motors, you could easily put in a 420HP 560lbs of torque motor and have it blow everyone off.

• Agree 1

I guess my underlying point when it comes to anything Toyota is - WHERE IS THE SUPRA!!??!!

The rumor mill for the statement below has been going on for three years;

Alfa is FINALLY coming back to the U.S. = Toyota is FINALLY bringing back the Supra.

Now that the first half is FINALLY true, how much longer do we have to wait for the second half to be a reality?

Why can't the 5.0 V8 version be the Supra and have Lexus get the hybrid and 600 hp engine?

I'd like to see them do a new I-6 and maybe turbo it for a Supra.

I think they are working on that with BMW.  Toyota is for sure developing a sports car with BMW, I can't imagine they call it anything other than Supra.

As far as this hideous looking SC goes, it is just as ugly as the early 2000s Lexus SC.  S-class coupe is way nicer.

Edited by smk4565

I guess my underlying point when it comes to anything Toyota is - WHERE IS THE SUPRA!!??!!

The rumor mill for the statement below has been going on for three years;

Alfa is FINALLY coming back to the U.S. = Toyota is FINALLY bringing back the Supra.

Now that the first half is FINALLY true, how much longer do we have to wait for the second half to be a reality?

The Supra is still coming. It will be the byproduct of Toyota's collaboration with BMW. That has been the plan all along. The mashup will spawn a new Supra, and a Z4 replacement for BMW. But that car is still a few years off.

This car slots above the Supra just as the original SC did. It'll be more lux, cost more, and have higher powertrain options. This isn't too hard to figure out guys.

Imagine if the Supra is like $35-40k on a BMW chassis and BMW suspension, a Lexus 8-speed, with a twin turbo V6 making near 400 hp. It will run circles around the RC-F.

You mean I-6.

I thought maybe they'd use the Toyota 3.5 liter V6 and twin turbo it.  But I haven't read up much on what the plans for the Supra are.

It better not be really expensive.  I don't get how Toyota, maybe the largest car company in the world, has so much trouble building and marketing sports cars.  There hasn't been a sporty Toyota in like 15 years, and that was the entry level Celica.  Pretty sad that they make zero fun to drive cars, and even with Lexus, their sporty cars are a far cry from the Europeans.

It better not be really expensive.  I don't get how Toyota, maybe the largest car company in the world, has so much trouble building and marketing sports cars.  There hasn't been a sporty Toyota in like 15 years, and that was the entry level Celica.  Pretty sad that they make zero fun to drive cars, and even with Lexus, their sporty cars are a far cry from the Europeans.

They make the tC now... it is just as sporty car as the last Celica was.   They make the FR-S.