2017 Buick LaCrosse Exterior Completely Uncovered

It's allegedly on a longer wheelbase version of the platform the new Malibu is on - since that car is on essentially the same wheelbase size as the current LaCrosse I guess that means that this one is going to have more space.  The front end may not be accurately represented in the picture- it looks like they shopped out the background of the picture on and they seem to have been a bit sloppy at the front.  I really dig what looks like a coke-bottle shape with it getting wider from the rear door handle back (or at least as suggested by the sculpting of the rear quarter).  Nice that they kept the sweepspear too.  The interior will probably look better in a lighter color (or realistically anything but black).  Really looking forward to seeing (and driving) this one!

So the new Lacrosse will not share the Impala's platform? I guess that makes sense, should shave a few hundred pounds compared to the current gen. I'm curious what they plan to do with the next gen model. It's important Buick extends the luxury further with powertrains. Thus far Buick's gotten a pass for sharing Chevy powertrains because the cars were FINALLY worthy of entry lux status. Now we need to see some high output AWD models that you can't buy with a bowtie.

I like that interior a lot more than the current car.  Looks a lot more organized and simpler.  Reminds me a bit of a Genesis or Equus with the big screen and the wood.  But there could always be Chinese market differences to ours.

I hope GM gets the JoyStick control right that is showing in the bottom picture. Hopefully easier to use and more intuitive compared to the stupid system MB or BMW uses.

• Agree 1

So that is a Buick?

I expect this car will do well. Lets face it as old as the present one is it has done well.

I too would like to see more performance or sport engineered packages added to the car to make it really a car that could compete better with an Audi. The price point of this car gives them room to do this vs. a Chevy.

I just wonder what changes we will see in the American version. Will it be similar to this or much different as the Cruze is.

Neither this or the 'verano' pics that came out of China have much sizzle. Remember the chinese cruze was supposed to be what we would get and look at how GM is giving is a much sharper looking vehicle. I think there needs to be more drama here in the design. But I guess we'll see. The Envision spy shots look quite generic as well.

Neither this or the 'verano' pics that came out of China have much sizzle. Remember the chinese cruze was supposed to be what we would get and look at how GM is giving is a much sharper looking vehicle. I think there needs to be more drama here in the design. But I guess we'll see. The Envision spy shots look quite generic as well.

Our Verano will be the Astra.