Clarkson, Hammond, and May Sign Deal With Amazon Prime

"The 'Top Gear' trio will be back on your screens early next year, as former 'Top Gear' hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond have signed a deal for a new car show with Amazon Prime. The show will continued to be produced by longtime 'Top Gear' producer Andy Wilman, and debuts on Amazon Prime in 2016."

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1507-ex-top-gear-hosts-clarkson-may-hammond-sign-deal-with-amazon-prime/

This is the best news of the year!  I will be signing up for Amazon Prime in 2016.  I think this show could be better than Top Gear, since they don't have to worry about the stupid BBC.

Actually, the BBC let them run wild and let them do what they wanted...so much so...that Jeremy did not know where to stop...as he had no boundaries....he had no idea where the line was...until he went too far...see Mexico...see Argentina...see him get all hissy fissy over food...

In other words...like a spoiled brat who has no discipline at home...Jeremy became a problem child after.

I hope Jeremy learned something from his stupidity, because right after his tirade against that producer, it seems like he didnt take responsibility of his ownactions...and blamed the BBC for 'effin' up a good show...

I hope this show does not play for the British Television audience. After awhile...that gets lame...

I do hope that they continue with their childish antics...minus the xenophobia stuff...and minus the needless bashing of certain cars...only the ones that deserve it...Morris Minor for instance...

Top Gear's humour works best when the guys know they're in on their own joke. The India special, for instance. Some folks were accusing them of making fun of India. Uh... they were making fun of being idiot British guys in a country that often bristled under British colonial rule. It's the difference between sly and boorish.

Top Gear's humour works best when the guys know they're in on their own joke. The India special, for instance. Some folks were accusing them of making fun of India. Uh... they were making fun of being idiot British guys in a country that often bristled under British colonial rule. It's the difference between sly and boorish.

Yeah...I like that from them....its when they make fun of certain aspects of a culture other than the British one and act all smug about it...see the Red Neck episode...

At first...I found that episode funny, then I saw it a second time...enough time to analyze it...and...well...that was a tad boorish...I did enjoy how they drove the American cars in that episode though...funny stuff...making fun of a bouncing Cadillac...through British eyes...is quite funny...or talking about how murders like to drive Camaros....North Americans say that guys with mullets drive Camaros...hey...why not a murderer with a mullet?

I also did not like the serious attempt to critique and analyze the cars they tested, but their analysis was always based on perceived notions anyway...

Its OK when testing a 1980s Cadillac and coming to a conclusion that it is/was a land yacht, but to harp on the fact that a C6 Corvette is cheaply made..because its made from fiberglass just to play for the British television audience....it becomes lame...PS...Corvettes have alwys been made with fiberglass....why not mention that itty bitty bit of information? I understand Top Gear UK was meant for THEIR audience...just dont try to come across as truthful journalistic program them...

Don Cherry, lets the people know its HIS opinion....and he holds HIS opinions dearly...problem is...Don Cherry also calls it as HE sees it...he does NOT play to an audience...and if a Canadian hockey player does something he hates....he lets that Canadian boy have it....as with the Top Gear Trio...yeah I know...entertainment...like I said...it gets lame fast what they do...

Edited by oldshurst442

I used to feel that way. But they turn the cannon on themselves enough for me to let most stuff slide. They always poke fun of Rover, and Austin, and British build quality.

They are, for the most part, equal-opportunity morons. And I like that.

• Agree 1

I still watch the show myself, and get a chuckle or two I must admit.

I wish them well on this new show...and like you said, I hope they can continue on with their chemistry.

Its magical what they got. Its not often you see that anymore. I applaud their efforts.

I think the new show will be better than Top Gear because it is global now.  They aren't going for the BBC audience, and then putting it on all the BBC world networks.  Now they it is made for a global audience from the start, I think they'll do a bigger variety of cars, some more American and Japanese cars, and they can make a broader reaching show.   Still, 350,000,000 people watched Top Gear, now that it will be online and not just on BBC, I think more people will watch.

And since it isn't dependent on sponsors, they can still rip a car to shreds if they want.  Clarkson makes fun of anything, he has made fun of Mercedes before, and his personal drivers have been Mercedes-AMG for a while, he had an SLK55, CLK55, and he has a S63 coupe now.

There are so many copy cats and wannabes also, but no one can replicate that chemistry.  And they have the perfect mix because Clarkson likes an AMG, Hammond will want a 911 and May will want a Ferrari or something sensible like a Golf. 

Who else is going to buy $5,000 SUVs and drive from Boliva to the coast of Chile?  Or race a GT-R, DB9 or Veyron in a race against public transport or an airplane.  Or convert a Ford Transit into a hovercraft, or a make their own police cars and ambulances out of cheap used cars?  Last year they even raced a Silverado 2500 HD vs a Ford F150 Raptor in the Canadian wilderness to see who could get to the top of the mountain first to rescue Hammond.  So they have done some American car stuff too.

By all means, I dont want them to lose their "Britishness" just to play to a "world" audience. The world IS STILL watching reruns of Top Gear UK because of who Jeremy, Hammond and Captain Slow are...its THAT waht makes the show special...THEIR chemistry and WHAT CHARACTERS they play on their TV show.

Its their British humor with their aloofness that makes the show a hot ticket world wide.

I used to feel that way. But they turn the cannon on themselves enough for me to let most stuff slide. They always poke fun of Rover, and Austin, and British build quality.

EXACTLY how I feel about that as well. They will knock British build quality along with everything else. Not just American stuff or not just Japanese stuff..or Chinese.. All of them.

EXACTLY how I feel about that as well. They will knock British build quality along with everything else. Not just American stuff or not just Japanese stuff..or Chinese.. All of them.

This is an example of why I hate Top Gear and find it lame...playing on stereotypes for the British/European audience...

$250 million Amazon paid for this show. I hope it is epic!

With that being said of why I hate Top Gear and Jeremy...I hope they dont stray away from that formula...and if they dont...the show will be epic never the less...as i have a feeling Jeremy will be more of an ass...because chip on shoulder...and THAT is the key to success...

Edited by oldshurst442