1970 or 2010 Dodge Challenger, which would you own​?

David

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

1970 or 2010 Dodge Challenger, which would you own​?

post-12-0-54213600-1439959016_thumb.jpg

Found this on the MSN auto section, a great story about the 1970 and 2010 Dodge Challenger Convertible and a guy who got to drive both. Blast to read and brings up a great question, Which one would you own?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/which-would-you-rather-own-1970-dodge-challenger-or-2010-dodge-challenger/ar-BBlP7qF?ocid=spartandhp

1970 for sure. The original was just a much smarter and  better looking design. The thickness of the LX platform hurts the styling I understand it was needed for todays crash standards and they had to work with what they had but the proportions do not measure up to the original.

Anyone else see on the Chryslers Forums that word is the Hemi dies in 2019 and will be replaced with a Turbo V6. Not a good thing for Chrysler if true.

And before anyone says it can't be true consider how Ford is down to one car with the V8 and even their Supercar is now a TT V6. There is a change acoming! GM may be the last company standing with a V8 car of the big three. Though it will be limited and expensive.

• Agree 1

Definitely the '70. As was already mentioned, it's the factory job.

Ralph Gilles himself has apparently contacted Mopar folks shooting down the V6 rumours.

Ford is down to one V8 car because they are still trying to hype EcoBoost as a better alternative.

You mean...these are the two I have to choose from?

13071-450x-dodgechallenger_3.jpg

Just as how I love me a Bandit Trans Am...because of the movie...and it has to be a 2010 Challenger rather than a Hellcat...well...Kowalski's white 1970 Challenger for me...that and the 440 six pack.

If we are talking about a pro-touring resto-mod however...well, I might as well get the 2010 Challenger instead...but...let it be known...that the classic muscle car from the 1960s and 1970s will for ever be cooler than  retro models from the new millennium...

What makes a Mustang exempt from this is that the Mustang never stopped... its lineage has always continued on...unlike the Camaro and Challenger....which makes the Mustang super cool, because it keeps on soldiering on...doing what it has always done...non-stop...and re-kindling pony car coolness with its retro design...and helping to resurrect Camaro and Challenger retros at the same time....while the latter last two pony cars...had died...

Edited by oldshurst442

The 1970 because it is factory (parts will be available) and because I already have a daily.

You say that, and its a good point, but old Mopars are a lot harder to get parts for than Ford or GM vehicles. My dad had a hell of a time getting new drum's for the `69 Barracuda.

The 1970 because it is factory (parts will be available) and because I already have a daily.

You say that, and its a good point, but old Mopars are a lot harder to get parts for than Ford or GM vehicles. My dad had a hell of a time getting new drum's for the `69 Barracuda.

:worthless:

• Agree 1