She's Still Got It

Very clean looking car! Much props to taking care of a care in the long term. This is a good example of holding onto something that works and taking care of it and it still looks new!

Are those the OEM wheels?? Those wheels look reall good on it. I know they are an OE wheel for Dodge but did they come from the factory on your Intrepid?

Is there anything afermarket on it?

Very clean looking car! Much props to taking care of a care in the long term. This is a good example of holding onto something that works and taking care of it and it still looks new!

Are those the OEM wheels?? Those wheels look reall good on it. I know they are an OE wheel for Dodge but did they come from the factory on your Intrepid?

It's not exactly aftermarket, but he swapped the 2.7L V6 for the 250 hp 3.5L.

Purdy! 

Is she sitting high in the rear or is it just a funny angle?

It does sit high, for "OEM fitment" the rear Monroe Quick Struts certainly don't ride at OEM height. Still, at least they haven't fallen apart like the garbage front Monroe mounts did...twice.

It's not exactly aftermarket, but he swapped the 2.7L V6 for the 250 hp 3.5L.

The wheels are actually aftermarket, they're 18" Mille Miglia Unos with Dodge center caps running on 245/45s. Single best visual upgrade I did for the car. Its funny, when they were first offered to me, I wasn't crazy about them, but quickly grew to love them. They look more visually interesting than solid 5-spoke wheels while still looking OEM.

There's not much aftermarket support for these cars, so the mods I've done have come from other LH cars.  As mentioned, the biggest overall mod/upgrade was swapping out the 200 hp 2.7L V6 for a 252 hp 3.5L HO V6 out of a 300M. It has a PCM out of an Intrepid R/T, R/T spec front rotors. Suspension wise, its been more of a case of just replacing everything more than making it a HARDCORE racer. So its got new struts, springs, rear mounts, and refurbished OEM front mounts, because all aftermarket front mounts are garbage. It's got new saw bar links and bushings.

Basically just making it so everything works, and with the exception of the hood lift supports, everything, including the a/c (big job that was) works.

As far as mods, well a picture is worth a thousand words:

Picture-020.jpg

web.jpg

The gauge cluster is from an LHS (I think the chrome rings look more upscale), seats and center arm rest are from a 300M, chrome shifter is from 2001 only luxury package on 300Ms, it has an overhead travel computer it didn't originally have, and chrome switches and handles. There's more I have planned, but time is always an issue. The theme for all my mods is to keep them subtle and maintain that the car looks OEM.

Nice clean car.

Im envious as no matter how good you take care of your vehicles in Quebec, use your car as a daily driver....and the ice and salt and thawing and freezing and potholes really screw your ride up!

No way would a daily driver of 15 years look that good in Quebec. So making the kinds of mods you are doing will all be in vain...as the exterior would look like crap...and no paint job would address the fact that underneath...its a rust bucket...

I like your ride sir. And I too, always liked the LH cars...

Edited by oldshurst442

Thanks! This fall I'm going to try to find time to swap the dash out for a "new" one. Same color, but mine developed a hideous crack from the center of the steering wheel all the way to the base of the windshield last winter. Never seen it on these cars before. It's a job, but it'll be worth it. If I can ever find my first gen key ring, I want to put that in there too. Second gens are just a black plastic ring, first gens are lit and will fit second gen cars.

• 9 months later...

Nice looking auto and the work you have done is great to keep it on the road and going. Much like how I keep my 94 GMC Suburban SLE looking as nice as possible and on the road.