Everything in Moderation

I have always been rather permissive and light on the moderation around here.  The influx of new people around here have forced my hand and I will have to moderate much more heavily now. 

I will be seeking moderators to help me in this and looking for volunteers.   Please PM me if you have an interest.  

I will not announce the moderator promotions when they happen. 

A number of you may not like having your posts subject to moderator action..... you can save time by getting over it now. 

Can threads stop being so adversarial?

We're all salivating to defend our stoic choices of brand preference, but it just leads to unnecessary back and forth discourse with predictable results. It's like an elephant in the room.

You can easily predict exactly what someone would say based on their previous posts.

I find it extremely, incessantly ridiculous. Threads don't have to be positive. But please folks, don't continue to be as political as the worst of politicians. If you can't concede an inch, that doesn't make you right or the other wrong. Move on, keep the threads moving. Because at this rate, every single one is at risk of devolving into nonsense.

• Agree 4

I hope this is just a temporary setback. This place got pretty rowdy during Pontiac's death, GM's bankruptcy and the US 08/12 elections, and yet managed to continue being relatively mod-free during those times. Some of the website's best discussions and hijinks took place during those times. I'd hate to see that stuff quashed. 

• Agree 1