Let's Make a Deal: Cadillac CT6 Will Start At $54k

Interesting there is a possible diesel. Do you think with it being a GM they would ask Duramax to build it for them and advertise it as a Duramax to utilize their reputation..even though it is a top tier luxury automobile?

Johan has stated that he wants to see diesels across the Cadillac lineup.  That is most likely so they can get better Euro sales.   I haven't a clue about the Duramax branding, but I'd doubt it.  I suspect they'd have Opel do the engineering for them, particularly after the recent success of the new 1.6 diesel in Europe that the European press has dubbed "Whisper Diesel" for being so quiet.

Not everything needs a V8, but a full size Cadillac needs one. For 90 years Cadillac was know for having V8s. A full size, rear drive V8 is classic American sedan, and in a good way, not like the Town Car.

BMW has gone soft, they want to make carbon fiber boxes with batteries, and I am all for electric cars. I think Teslas are amazing with how much power and torque they produce. BMW i3, not so impressive and I have driven the i3. BMW also makes the best six cylinder engine on the planet, but that engine in their 4,500 lb overweight SUVs and 7-series isn't quite as good as it is in a 3,500 lb car.

Mercedes makes the most powerful production 4-cylinder. Yet you don't see them putting that in any of the mid-range products because they know what luxury buyers want.

I do think Mercedes has taken a long time rolling out the 9-speed, but GLC and GLS, CLS, S-class convertible and coupe have it so it is working through the line up finally.

• Agree 1

Not everything needs a V8, but a full size Cadillac needs one. For 90 years Cadillac was know for having V8s. A full size, rear drive V8 is classic American sedan, and in a good way, not like the Town Car.

BMW has gone soft, they want to make carbon fiber boxes with batteries, and I am all for electric cars. I think Teslas are amazing with how much power and torque they produce. BMW i3, not so impressive and I have driven the i3. BMW also makes the best six cylinder engine on the planet, but that engine in their 4,500 lb overweight SUVs and 7-series isn't quite as good as it is in a 3,500 lb car.

Mercedes makes the most powerful production 4-cylinder. Yet you don't see them putting that in any of the mid-range products because they know what luxury buyers want.

I do think Mercedes has taken a long time rolling out the 9-speed, but GLC and GLS, CLS, S-class convertible and coupe have it so it is working through the line up finally.

I guess the 4 cylinder diesel in the Blu Tec E-Class doesn't count? What about the GLE Twin turbo 4 cylinder diesel?

• Agree 2

It's about $7k less than the Equus starting point, which comes standard with a V8.

I see a good idea floating here....

One of those few times cheaper willl be a good thing....they need to get bodies in this car......

... well. yes... now that the Town Car is no longer in production.  But I don't see what trunk size has to do with sales figures.

• Agree 2

It's about $7k less than the Equus starting point, which comes standard with a V8.

I see a good idea floating here....

One of those few times cheaper willl be a good thing....they need to get bodies in this car......

... well. yes... now that the Town Car is no longer in production.  But I don't see what trunk size has to do with sales figures.

I see what you did there... :scratchchin:

And LOL.......