Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Tesla November News Letter - Underwhelming!

David

So I got my monthly newsletter all about the Latest batch of Updates and I have to say it was very underwhelming and mostly marketing rehash of stuff they already have stated before. Why can they not really deliver something new?

post-12-0-10484200-1447734062_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Because they have limited funds to do much more than they already are doing on the late X model and even more later 3 model.

The S model will age much in the next couple years as software updates are not going to change the car much.

This is where Tesla will start to struggle. They are already speaking about moving the 3 model to China for production an indication pricing may be difficult to keep low if it remains here. This will hurt their built here image they promote.

Merrill Lynch has recommended that Tesla go into supplier mode for the EV industry and leave the car market. That would be a smart move as if they make cars few will buy batteries and such from them. It is kind of like the 1949 Gold rush as the miners made very little but those who sold them supplied now have cities and California landmarks named for them.

They more I have thought about this, I think Tesla should focus on batteries and powertrains to sell to Auto OEMs.

This way they could offer FWD, RWD, AWD powertrains with various battery packs and performance versions and then you have a solid system sold worldwide by others.

They more I have thought about this, I think Tesla should focus on batteries and powertrains to sell to Auto OEMs.

This way they could offer FWD, RWD, AWD powertrains with various battery packs and performance versions and then you have a solid system sold worldwide by others.

The real question is will Elons ego let him do something like this. His rocket company as already taken a hit from the competition this week as it is.

The real question is will Elons ego let him do something like this. His rocket company as already taken a hit from the competition this week as it is.

In that lies the rub. Egotistic smart people think they should still rule everything and control everything. This is probably one of the biggest problems. He cannot see what his real benefit is to society other than trying to be a ruler.

• Agree 2

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

When an automaker chooses to offer hybrids, PHEV, BEV, gas and Diesel instead of just one of the above....it is not because they are short sighted, but instead because they are conservative and smart.

In that lies the rub. Egotistic smart people think they should still rule everything and control everything. This is probably one of the biggest problems. He cannot see what his real benefit is to society other than trying to be a ruler.

u win the internet today ^^^^^^^! spot on

I am so glad the people at Cadillac have stated that they will not go full electric.  There is just no market there.

caddy should be aiming for a plug in with 100 or more miles of range

I am so glad the people at Cadillac have stated that they will not go full electric.  There is just no market there.

GM is using a full balanced approach. The Electric segment is a growing segment but slowed by technology. Until you can charge a car in the time it takes to fill up at the gas station and be able to drive it just as far and pay about the same price as a ICE the electric will remain slow growth.

All the other Hybrids will grow faster and take advantage more readily of the advances.

The key here is there is no one single solution to this. GM and most other Large MFG know this and have expanded to include all new technologies. Elon has all his eggs in one basket that work with a expensive sedan. Time will tell if he can work it out in a cheaper sedan. I expect he will find the same struggle as the others and have less ability to deal with them.

Ego is a bad thing to have in a situation like this. It has driven some to do irrational things to save the company. Delorean is a prime example.

But yet the disciples of Elon still go about their way treating him like the second coming and attack anyone who challenges his place. That is not really a good way to build a customer base. You want passion but not fanaticism.

Edited by hyperv6