Dieselgate @ Mercedes too?

Ouch if that college test the MB auto's and comes up with the same results, this could be a big black eye to MB. I have often wondered about the rest of the German auto companies as they all buy from Bosch. Makes one think why would this not happen at the others.

:scratchchin:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:

Frivolous lawsuit that some people are trying to cash in on.  Mercedes will win this one.

On the diesel issue as a whole though, how much nitric oxide toxic fumes do tractor trailer trucks, city buses, school buses, etc spill into the air?  Seems like they should have the same emission rules as passenger cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting story Balthazar, Thank you for posting the link. Seems MB needs to clean up it's own house for emission testing. How a company does not know or can respond quickly to a request on how it tested to meet emissions is beyond me. This is not black magic, but straightforward QA Engineering.

Frivolous lawsuit that some people are trying to cash in on.  Mercedes will win this one.

On the diesel issue as a whole though, how much nitric oxide toxic fumes do tractor trailer trucks, city buses, school buses, etc spill into the air?  Seems like they should have the same emission rules as passenger cars.

Your second paragraph is unrelated to the issue at hand. Those are regulated entirely different from passenger cars and for good reasons. For you to even bring that up shows the genuine concern that MB has been playing some dirty German pool like VW. Your sad deflection is a dead giveaway.

I could read the headlines now....

surrender.jpg

Im gonna kiss my wife like this if any one of the G3 goes under!

Yup...Ill travel to Times Square, NYC, with a sailor's  uniform and plant a big wet one on her in this exact same way!

KISS.jpg

We will fight them on the beaches....

7ee28285aae4646a3e6ae6e2610b335522dbfcc0

I smell sweet victory with this...if true...maybe this is what Cadillac and Lincoln need to get some of that trust back from some of the American public.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Well Olds, loyalties last until the bitter end.

The German 3 are totally ingrained into the German culture, politics and economy. 

I don't ever really foresee a plausible future where Cadillac, even Cadillac (throw Lincoln out the door, no German is ever going to buy a car famous for a powerful, dead American President and a notoriously popular - most interesting man in the world type president who was assassinated in it).

What I think could happen though that the American car companies have a presence through Opel, and the Ford brand has in Europe...could allow them to snatch up some disgruntled insurrectionists. But the loyalists will fight them.

FCA is not American...but anyhoo Fiat commands less and less of the market and the main brand Fiat is declining in market share in Italy too.

Brands like Jeep, distinctly American, but rather more preferred I guess can, and is doing well. 

I think France is the critical point. Remember, Cadillac is named after a French guy who founded Detroit. Detroit is a French name itself. I think it means 3 of something, 3 rivers, 3 lakes...anyways. 

And French people love American V8s. They love America in general....I think

There was a report that 630,000 cars will be recalled in Germany for fixes to the emissions control system.  These from Porsche, VW, Opel, and Mercedes.  It says only VW has the cheat device, but the other cars pass the test, but don't pass real world driving emissions standards.   The report from the German government also mentioned Chevrolet, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, Jaguar, Land Rover, Jeep, and Renault as not meeting emissions standards.  So it is the whole industry, the diesel engine is going to die in cars.  They'll all phase them out, go to the 1.5 liter turbos, hybrids, etc.