Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Which Would YOU Rather Drive?

Which would you Drive?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your 1987 Auto Driving Option?

• 1987 Buick Grand National GNX
    • 1987 BMW M3
    • 1987 Alternative Auto

So in keeping to the spirit of seeing what people would drive. Here you have two choices, both 1987. So please choose which one you would drive and why? If you feel you cannot drive this, then keep it in the same Year and explain why you would rather have an alternative choice.

1987 Buick Grand National GNX

post-12-0-16844400-1463062495_thumb.jpg

1987 BMW M3

post-12-0-17507400-1463062494_thumb.jpg

1987 Alternative ???????

post-12-0-83068800-1463062686_thumb.png

Not a good era for cars.. but doing a little research I came up with either a Bronco(because they're just gnarly and really cool to me) or a Mercedes 190E 2.3-16(because it's just an awesome car and the competition it brought on with BMW was pretty epic. 

http://www.motortrend.com/news/13q1-mercedes-benz-190e-vs-bmw-m3/

It's a small car for sure at only 174.4 X 67.2 X 56 (L x W x H). For comparison the ATS sedan I'm looking at is only 183″ L x 71″ W x 56″ H and it's not a big car. I think the smallness would make me at home and the capabilities of the 3030lb car would make it a blast running to the red line north of 7000rpm. 

Ps. I don't know why it started spacing my lines like this but I don't know how to change it back.. It must have kept the formatting from a copy and paste.

42608303-D37A-40CB-A7B9-8F720AC7ADFE_zps

8FBDF4B1-EA8B-4D53-AA90-6F433A1FBE4C_zps

• Agree 1

I just saw this....

COOL THREAD!

OK...from the two picks we got...Id go for the Buick GNX HANDS DOWN!!!!

The GNX would almost always win in any 1980s comparo with me.

But there are other cars from 1987 that Id drive just as happily.

1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

cadillac-brougham-1987-1.jpg

1987 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

kjxye9bjbhpvjghv07tw.jpg

1987 BMW M635 CSi

medium_m1-six-cylinder-also-featured-in-

1987 RED  Pontiac Trans Am GTA T-Tops and those mags....

Notice....that the GNX and the Trans Am have the same mags? And the Bimmer M635CSi is similar?

I love those BBS mags!!!

44%5B0%5D.jpg

Is this a serious question? 

Buick all the way. In fact, this is literally the only domestic from the 80's I would have (a close second to the Monte Carlo SS).

Is this a serious question? 

Buick all the way. In fact, this is literally the only domestic from the 80's I would have (a close second to the Monte Carlo SS).

^ An '81. V8-6-4 (unless it's a diesel).

- - - - - 

I like the exterior of the GNX, and the performance is awesome… but I canNOT get past the interior. '80s vehicles…. probably why I've never owned one.

The 1987 Brougham used the same grille design as the '81 deVille/Fleetwood with the infamous V8-6-4.  The '87 had different front turn signal lenses with the Cadillac crest and cleaner-looking side moldings.  The wire wheel covers were also slightly different.

As for the question, I'd take the M3.

• Agree 1