What Would Buy Instead- Jeep Grand Cherokee Edition

Important note- I have revised the rules of this thread, so pay close attention.

C&D makes these threads super easy, so with them just having wrapped up an instrumented test on a new 2016 Grand Cherokee V6 Summit, it'll be the standard here. Here is the review- http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-jeep-grand-cherokee-v-6-test-review

Due to (merited) complaints from members regarding the sometimes huge price ranges, I have decided to try a different set this time. You will only have range between base and as-tested price to play with. And of course, it will have to be a new CUV/SUV of some sort.

Base price- $33,290

As-tested price- $54,285

You must spend at least the base price, but no more than the as-tested price. Vehicle must be a new, on-sale SUV or CUV.

If I didn't go with an F-Pace I would be in probably the same thing as you, Frisky. Same matte bronze accents probably a darker grey if they offer one though but I REALLY like the Grand Cherokee and I have for awhile. 

Buuuuuut... If this is a fantasty world and I don't have to take it in for repairs weekly because it is a Jag... I'd go with an F-Pace, 3.0 Supercharged, 340hp/332tq. It would have to be Jaguar Green(as I call it) accented in black. They offer a "black accent package" that put me over by like $200 bucks but I can paint the chrome in the grill and side vents myself at a later date.

E35EB720-E2C0-4E59-92BE-DFBC7AEF836E_zps

And what it will look like once the grill surround and side vents get painted:

1127CA80-81B9-48DF-9DB0-290CFD711C92_zps

• Agree 1

I dont like I HATE, DESPISE...LOATHE SUVs....but to be a good sport, Ill play this game.

There are only 4 mid-sized SUVs that I wouldnt mind owning...well, "wouldnt mind owning" is a very strong sentence that may not be that accurate.

Wouldnt mind being seen in....driver's side or even passenger side.

I wont mention the Wrangler because in this case, the Wrangler does not fit the mold for what the purpose of this thread is.

So no Frisky, I wont circumvent the idea behind your thread like I usually do...

Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016_jeep_grand_cherokee-pic-85004961001

Ford Edge

edg15_highlight_lg_newtechnology.jpg

And if the budget permits for this thread:

Cadillac XT5

2017-Cadillac-XT5-101-626x382.jpg

I also dislike SUVs and wouldn't want to drive any of them.  If I had to pick one I would go with the Jaguar F-Pace.  It is probably the most car like and with 340 hp it should move pretty well.  I'd consider a GLC43 also but that isn't priced yet.

Easy,

gallery_10485_435_1548600.jpg

For those wondering, this is the same vehicle that Car & Driver had. I just had it in a few weeks ago. I would buy it as is.

This.  I'd probably pick a different color.... I love the greens they are running now.  But yeah, just get what C&D got. 

• Agree 1

This was easy for me, I'm keeping it in the Jeep family, believe it or not. I built a new 75th Anniversary Limited Hemi 4x4 with those gorgeous matte bronze details out to $48,860. That's a lot of damn vehicle for the money.

16j489-A.jpg

Your Jeep is a beauty!

Count me in for the Cadillac XT5 as a substitute for the Jeep GC Edition.

The interior is fab, but I must admit I would NOT use plum for the seats.  I forget which GM car it was, but the Cocoa Brown spoke to me much more than that plum.