Jump to content
  • David
    David

    2023 Cadillac LYRIQ Reveal, A New Standard for the 21st Century and Beyond!

      Wednesday April 21st, 2021 marks a new standard of luxury to the world and for the 21st century. Cadillac introduced the all-electric  2021 LYRIQ SUV starting at $59,990.

    The culmination of a century of innovation goes with the start of a great new era as Cadillac introduces the all electric 2023 LYRIQ SUV. With testing running ahead of schedule, Cadillac announces that customers may place orders for the LYRIQ beginning September 2021, availability starting the first half of 2022.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-001.jpg

    Vice president of Global Cadillac Rory Harvey had this to say about this auto reveal: 

    “Throughout the next decade, Cadillac will define the future of luxury transportation through a series of exciting new electric vehicles, and it all begins with LYRIQ,” “The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ’s stunning design and artfully integrated technology combined with GM’s Ultium Platform will deliver a high-performance luxury experience unlike anything that has come before it, setting a new standard for Cadillac.”

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-010.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-004.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-011.jpg

    At launch, LYRIQ premier technologies and performance capabilities will be driven by the dedicated Ultium electric architecture. Incorporating a 12 module, 100 kilowatt-hour battery pack with rear-wheel-drive the Ultium power train will deliver an estimated 340 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque (325 lb-ft) with over 300 miles of range with a full charge.

    LYRIQ will offer high-speed DC fast charging at 190 kW for public stations. This will add an estimated 76 miles of range in 10 minutes. Home charging will be a segment leading 19.2 kW charging module that adds 52 miles of range per hour of charging. 

    LYRIQ will feature next-generation variable Regen on Demand technology, One-Pedal Driving and so much more. Per the Cadillac LYRIQ press release:

    Additional 2023 LYRIQ highlights include:

    • Available Super Cruise6, the industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology for compatible roads
    • A stunning 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display with the ability to emit over 1 billion colors
    • Cadillac’s next-generation Active Noise Cancellation system
    • Slim-line LED headlamps with choreographed lighting sequence
    • AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system with headrest speakers
    • KeyPass digital vehicle access
    • Dual level charge cord
    • Standard 20-inch split six-spoke alloy wheels or optional 22-inch dynamic split-spoke Reverse Rim alloy wheels

    Customers will be able to select from Satin Steel Metallic or Stellar Black Metallic exterior colors, and Sky Cool Gray or Noir for the interior.

    Andrew Smith, the executive director of Cadillac Design says the objective for his team was as a clean-sheet, set the future of Cadillac with a level of detail one would find in the best show cars. The customer should feel like they're driving in the future.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-002.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-005.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-007.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-012 (1).jpg

    From what you see on the exterior of the Cadillac LYRIQ above with the Black Crystal Grille, the attention to detail continues on the inside with an industry first of laser etched patterns through wood over metal decor, the industries largest 33" curved LED screen that is a centerpiece incorporating artful, yet blurring lines of separation among technology, lighting and decor.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-028.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-027.jpg

    One will find the smallest details such as Cadillac knurling which is etched on all LYRIQ components, emphasizing the idea of high design even in the smallest of areas.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-026.jpg

    Cadillac LYRIQ interior is clean and simple yet has a focus on secondary and tertiary design elements.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-025.jpg

    From the smallest detail on the steering wheel to the clean large storage area in the back, Cadillac is ensuring attention to detail for the launch of the 21st century standard of BEV.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-024.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-023.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-022.jpg

    LYRIQ's slim electric architecture allows new opportunities for designers in rethinking the auto interior. The center console is now replaced with a drawer system that holds all the necessary content, in a new way adding functionality and storage. Even the door interiors have the same intricate attention to detail.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-021.jpg

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-019.jpg

    Clean, simple and luxurious is the goal that the interior design team delivered with the Cadillac LYRIQ.

    2023-Cadillac-LYRIQ-016.jpg

    New Face of Cadillac

    2023 Cadillac LYRIQ Debuts, Heralding an All-Electric Future (gm.com)

    LYRIQ Preliminary Specifications

    EFFICIENCY

    Cadillac Estimated Driving Range^:

    More than 300 miles (482.8 km) on a full charge

    ^ Based on GM testing. EPA estimates not yet available. Actual range will vary based on several factors, including temperature, terrain, battery age, and vehicle loading, use and maintenance.

    BATTERY SYSTEM

    Type:

    Rechargeable energy storage system comprising multiple linked modules 

    Battery chemistry:

    Lithium-ion NCMA cathode, blended graphite anode

    Modules:

    12

    Energy:

    100 kWh

     

    ELECTRIC DRIVE

    System:

    1 drive unit with 1 motor

    Motor:

    Permanent magnet, bar wound

    Power:

    340hp (255 kW)

    Torque: (lb-ft / Nm):

    325 lb-ft. (440 Nm)

    Final drive ratio (:1):

    11.63:1

     

    CHARGING TIMES^                                                                 

    120 V:

    3.5 miles of range per hour of charge time

    240 V (11.5 kW AC)
    240V* (19.2 kW AC)

    31 miles of range per hour of charge time
    52 miles of range per hour of charge time

    DC Fast Charge:

    Up to 76 miles of range in 10 minutes of charge time
    Up to 195 miles of range in 30 minutes of charge time

    ^Actual charge times will vary based on battery condition, output of charger, vehicle settings and outside temperature.
    *Requires professionally installed 19.2 kW AC / 100A dedicated charge station.

    CHASSIS & SUSPENSION

    Front Suspension:

    5-link SLA with Passive-Plus Premium Dampers

    Rear Suspension:

    5-link with Passive-Plus Premium Dampers

    Steering Type:

    Continuously Variable Electric Power Steering (EPS)

    Turning Circle (wall-wall)
    (ft. / m):

    12.1m

    Brake Type:

    4 wheel disc with DuraLife Rotors

    Brake Rotor Size:
    (in. / mm)

    17” (321mm) front/18” (345 mm) Rear

    Wheel Size:

    Standard: 20” Split 6-spoke Alloy
    Optional: 22” Dynamic Split-spoke Reverse Rim Alloy

    Tires:

    Included with 20” wheels: 265/50R20 All Season, Self-sealing
    Included with 22” wheels: 275/40R22 All Season, Low profile^, Self-sealing

    ^ Lower-profile tires wear faster. Tire and wheel damage may occur on rough or damaged roads or from surfaces, curbs, debris or obstacles. This damage is not covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. For more details, go to my.cadillac.com/learnabout/tires or see your dealer.

    EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS                            

    Wheelbase
    (in. / mm):

    121.8 / 3094

    Overall Length
    (in. / mm):

    196.7 / 4996

    Overall Width
    (in. / mm):

    77.8 / 1977

    Overall Height
    (in. / mm):

    63.9 / 1623

     

    INTERIOR DIMENSIONS                             

    Headroom
    (in / mm):

    Front 38.6 / 980
    Rear 37.7 / 957

    Legroom
    (in. / mm):

     (front - max) 41.4 / 1052
    (rear) 39.6 / 1006

    Shoulder Room
    (in. / mm):

     (front) 58.9 / 1497
    (rear) 58.6 / 1488

    Hip Room
    (in. / mm):

     (front) 56.5 / 1436
    (rear) 54.0 / 1372

     

    WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES                            

    Base Curb Weight (Min)
    (lb. / kg):

    2545 kg/5610 lbs

    Passenger Volume (cu. ft. / L):

    105 / 2976

    Cargo Volume
    (cu. ft. / L) ^:

     28.0 / 793 (behind rear seat)
    60.8 / 1723 (rear seat folded)

    ^ Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

    It was a question based on 4 door SUVs not being considered "family haulers", brought up by others. 

    "family haulers" need three rows...? Most families are less than four people(3.14, to be exact). 

    MMm... pie.

    • Haha 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think a big question is how much more for all wheel drive, and whether that requires a lot of other feature add ons, like interior stuff that isn't related to mechanical things.  And that price jump to AWD will probably have a big impact on sales, because a lot of SUV buyers will want AWD.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    45 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    I think a big question is how much more for all wheel drive, and whether that requires a lot of other feature add ons, like interior stuff that isn't related to mechanical things.  And that price jump to AWD will probably have a big impact on sales, because a lot of SUV buyers will want AWD.

    No. The question is why does it matter. All companies do this with entry level (which, in this case, is still very nice) models and then adding more expensive models with more options like AWD and more power. Take Benz for example. They do that with the AMG lineup yet folks like you don’t blink twice at the obscene price jump so it should not be any different for Cadillac regardless of how much more a higher performance AWD model is. Much like base model E-Class autos with glorified pleather seats, it gets the customer in the door so I see zero problem here while you are trying to make up a problem. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    27 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    No. The question is why does it matter. All companies do this with entry level (which, in this case, is still very nice) models and then adding more expensive models with more options like AWD and more power. Take Benz for example. They do that with the AMG lineup yet folks like you don’t blink twice at the obscene price jump so it should not be any different for Cadillac regardless of how much more a higher performance AWD model is. Much like base model E-Class autos with glorified pleather seats, it gets the customer in the door so I see zero problem here while you are trying to make up a problem. 

    But AWD is $2,000 option on and XT5 or XT6.  If it is $15k on a Lyriq, that may scare customers away.  And that is a probably with any EV.  

    And Mercedes will sell an all wheel drive E300, they don't force you into an AMG E63 to get the all wheel drive model.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    And Mercedes will sell an all wheel drive E300, they don't force you into an AMG E63 to get the all wheel drive model.

    You missed the point of that by a country mile (nevermind the fact we have now gone from a $10K jump to a $15K because apparently that makes for a better exaggeration). They do if you want performance to go with that AWD (the GLC alone requires a $16K bump if you want AWD and an actual powertrain that will move it). Besides, until they release an AWD model, you are just assuming the worst about it, as per the usual. 

    Edited by surreal1272
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, David said:

    :facepalm: Seems no matter how many times I post the link people seem to not read when I do post that the LYRIQ will be available in RWD and AWD.

    All Press Releases here:

    Cadillac Pressroom - United States - LYRIQ

    The Original press release that covers the power train options:

    LYRIQ Show Car Leads Cadillac Into Electric Future

    QUOTE: 

    LYRIQ, the Ultium battery system is a structural element of the architecture, integrated in ways that contribute to ride and handling, as well as safety. In fact, the lower center of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution enabled by the placement of the battery pack results in a vehicle that’s sporty, responsive and allows for spirited driving.

    Additionally, the LYRIQ is driven primarily by the rear wheels, with a performance all-wheel drive option available. The placement of the drive motor at the rear of the vehicle contributes an even greater feeling of balance and agility — attributes that affirm Cadillac’s longstanding commitment to satisfying performance. It also enables the system to channel more torque to the pavement without wheelspin for exhilarating acceleration and greater cornering capability. Vehicles equipped with performance all-wheel drive go a step further, with a second drive unit placed at the front of the vehicle, which allows for a significant amount of tuning flexibility, enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance for drivers.

    the AWD won't be ready at launch is what the criticism is, that and yes, GM will make it 10 grand or more, more, for all wheel drive.

    And even then you probably won't get a bunch of safety equipment or certain features like the HD surround view backup camera view included.  the GM way.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    47 minutes ago, regfootball said:

    the AWD won't be ready at launch is what the criticism is, that and yes, GM will make it 10 grand or more, more, for all wheel drive.

    And even then you probably won't get a bunch of safety equipment or certain features like the HD surround view backup camera view included.  the GM way.

    AWD will come later.  It dont matter. You want AWD, you'll have to wait. It will come. No problems there. Unless you wanna make it into a problem. But it is a non-issue, really.

    Second part.

    Not the GM way.  That is kinda more like the Porsche way.  And there is NOTHING wrong with that as THAT kinda way brings in the money. TONS of it.  And seeing that strategy will be on a Cadillac...NOT a Chevrolet.  It really is not a big deal, but a SMART move. 

    Cadillac shouldnt be in bargaining selling mode. Cadillac, while producing high quality, should also be charging high prices. And if it means by charging an arm and a leg  for certain little extra things,  then so be it!   Its the Porsche luxury market way... 

    Edited by oldshurst442
    • Upvote 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, regfootball said:

    the AWD won't be ready at launch is what the criticism is, that and yes, GM will make it 10 grand or more, more, for all wheel drive.

    And even then you probably won't get a bunch of safety equipment or certain features like the HD surround view backup camera view included.  the GM way.

    Actually the early comments here were about it possibly not having AWD at all, which is why David posted that again. 

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It should be noted, while some folks here are bitching about a hypothetical price jump with AWD, that the Lyriq undercuts two of its competitors in the segment, the Jaguar I-Pace ($70K with LESS range) and the Audi E-Tron ($67K, also with less range) so even if AWD is $10K, it is right in line with the competition so maybe these phantom complaints should sit this out until its known for certain what AWD will cost.

    Edited by surreal1272
    • Upvote 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

    You missed the point of that by a country mile (nevermind the fact we have now gone from a $10K jump to a $15K because apparently that makes for a better exaggeration). They do if you want performance to go with that AWD (the GLC alone requires a $16K bump if you want AWD and an actual powertrain that will move it). Besides, until they release an AWD model, you are just assuming the worst about it, as per the usual. 

    The GLC300 4Matic is faster than XT4 or XT5 and the Lexus RX350, so you don't need to pay extra for enough power to move it.  

    And true we don't know what the price premium will be for AWD, but this is a general issue with EV's in cold climates, batteries degrade faster and AWD is a huge upcharge, so it is a harder sell for an EV in cold climates than it is in California or Florida.

    I would hope Lyric has the AWD option at launch, I think if they wait to see how the rear drive model sells for a year before green lighting all wheel drive would be a mistake.

    • Haha 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

    Cadillac shouldnt be in bargaining selling mode. Cadillac, while producing high quality, should also be charging high prices. And if it means by charging an arm and a leg  for certain little extra things,  then so be it!   Its the Porsche luxury market way... 

    Cadillac shouldn't be in bargain selling mode, but they have been.  Cadillac is a far, far cry away from Porsche pricing levels or their pricing model.  I just hopped on the Porsche website and picked a 911 Carerra 4, and was able to add $76,420 in options and I didn't pick everything.  The Escalade's base price is $76,195, so you can add a whole Escalade worth of options to a 911, and that is without going to a 4S or Cabriolet or anything.  

    It is a good way to make money if you can get away with it. I don't think Cadillac can get away with charging $2070 for leather lined air vents.

    • Downvote 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    The GLC300 4Matic is faster than XT4 or XT5 and the Lexus RX350, so you don't need to pay extra for enough power to move it.

    Good grief bar mover. It’s more expensive than all of those (not to mention the XT4 is a whole class smaller), and it’s only rocking a four banger at entry level. Just stop and pay attention to what’s actually being said instead of making up new criteria and kicking that bar around. 

    10 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    I don't think Cadillac can get away with charging $2070 for leather lined air vents.

    Why in the F would they? All that proves is that Porsche buyers have more money than sense. Just a stupid, stupid comparison. 

    Edited by surreal1272
    • Upvote 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

    The GLC300 4Matic is faster than XT4 or XT5 and the Lexus RX350, so you don't need to pay extra for enough power to move it.  

    And true we don't know what the price premium will be for AWD, but this is a general issue with EV's in cold climates, batteries degrade faster and AWD is a huge upcharge, so it is a harder sell for an EV in cold climates than it is in California or Florida.

    I would hope Lyric has the AWD option at launch, I think if they wait to see how the rear drive model sells for a year before green lighting all wheel drive would be a mistake.

    First off you have NO IDEA if the Ultium battery and power train system will have degradation in cold climates as there is no evidence of this and NO YOU CANNOT compare it to what the Leaf, BOLT, Tesla, etc. of anything compliance EV has done in the past.

    For all we know in a cold climate the GM BEV built on the Ultium system will have Zero degradation while Mercedes Benz will end up with a 50% reduction in battery life once in a cold climate. After all MB has FAILED to deliver any other BEV to this market and so far very little is known about their battery pack in butt below zero cold Canada or Alaska where you could be 50 below zero.

    Searching extensively across the internet, it is interesting that while you find interviews of MB future of batteries:

    The future of electric-car batteries, according to Mercedes | DrivingElectric

    MB actually avoids answering the question of battery degradation which makes one wonder how bad their current battery degradation is since their Compliance B-Class lost over 50% when it went into cold freezing climates compared to actual real world results for Tesla and Chevrolet BOLT.

     

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The Mercedes battery, which is of their own design, not some off the shelf Panosonic or LG, has the individual cells temperature controlled, where as everyone cools the pack as a whole.  This is why a Tesla has a few 0-60 runs in it before the pack overheats.  The Mercedes battery will allow you to do drag race runs all day.  
     

    Mercedes has F1 technology coming to the road with their EVs and AMG Hybrids, GM, Toyota, Tesla, Ford have no F1 technology.

    • Haha 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

    The Mercedes battery, which is of their own design, not some off the shelf Panosonic or LG, has the individual cells temperature controlled, where as everyone cools the pack as a whole.  This is why a Tesla has a few 0-60 runs in it before the pack overheats.  The Mercedes battery will allow you to do drag race runs all day.  
     

    Mercedes has F1 technology coming to the road with their EVs and AMG Hybrids, GM, Toyota, Tesla, Ford have no F1 technology.

    Really? Their own “design”? Well, they may have “designed” it but that’s it.

     

    “Mercedes-Benz will source batteries from Chinese firm CATL for its upcoming EQS electric car. Scheduled to launch in certain markets next year, the electric luxury sedan is targeting a range of 435 miles, as measured on the European WLTP testing cycle.”

     

    And you think that’s an up sell for Mercedes? LMMFAO!!

     

    Sorry, but I’ll trust LG and their decades of experience on Batteries over some no name Chinese company. It’s also not some “off the shelf” battery either. Where in the hell do you come up with this nonsense? 

    1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

    not some off the shelf Panosonic or LG

    How to say “I don’t know what I’m talking about” without actually saying “I don’t know what I’m talking about”.😆

    Edited by surreal1272
    • Upvote 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    The Mercedes battery, which is of their own design, not some off the shelf Panosonic or LG, has the individual cells temperature controlled, where as everyone cools the pack as a whole.  This is why a Tesla has a few 0-60 runs in it before the pack overheats.  The Mercedes battery will allow you to do drag race runs all day.  
     

    Mercedes has F1 technology coming to the road with their EVs and AMG Hybrids, GM, Toyota, Tesla, Ford have no F1 technology.

    First off, MB is NOT a battery pack of their own design, it is a JOINT R&D between MB and CATL of China. Second, CATL will produce the final joint designed Lithium Ion battery cells to be used in a battery pack by MB.

    深化合作,引领未来,宁德时代成为梅赛德斯-奔驰电池领域头部供应商 (catl.com)

    Click the link, it will auto convert to English for you if your using a modern browser.

    This was also covered here by Bloomberg. 

    Mercedes-Benz and CATL as a major supplier team up for leadership in future battery technology - Bloomberg

    MB has started LIMITED PRODUCTION of the battery cells at their own German R&D site, 

    Mercedes-EQ starts production of battery systems for the new EQS | Daimler > Innovation > Digitalisation > Industry 4.0

    Interesting observation is that they are using a similar design as gm Ultium battery system, rectangular packs of cells allowing them to have various sizes of the over all battery pack with an integrated liquid cooling system just like gm, ford, VW, Audi, Porsche, etc. etc. etc.

    image.png

    MB has production in various locations and is using an 8-1-1 of rare earth elements for their cells. Nothing ground breaking in the design.

    Global battery production network of Mercedes-Benz | Daimler > Innovation > Digitalisation > Industry 4.0

    • Upvote 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Back to our scheduled LYRIQ discussion, very exciting to see the second battery plant for Ultium battery packs being built in Spring Hill Tennessee.

    GM and LG Energy Solution Investing $2.3 Billion in 2nd Ultium Cells Manufacturing Plant in U.S.

    Interesting observation is that if your Full size truck or SUV you get 800V / 375kWH recharging battery packs, but for everything else, is a 400V / 200 kWH battery pack.

    I honestly think this is a mistake as gm should just standardize on allowing all auto's to have the 800V / 375 kWH recharging.

    • Upvote 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 4/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, David said:

    First off you have NO IDEA if the Ultium battery and power train system will have degradation in cold climates as there is no evidence of this and NO YOU CANNOT compare it to what the Leaf, BOLT, Tesla, etc. of anything compliance EV has done in the past.

    For all we know in a cold climate the GM BEV built on the Ultium system will have Zero degradation while Mercedes Benz will end up with a 50% reduction in battery life once in a cold climate. After all MB has FAILED to deliver any other BEV to this market and so far very little is known about their battery pack in butt below zero cold Canada or Alaska where you could be 50 below zero.

    Searching extensively across the internet, it is interesting that while you find interviews of MB future of batteries:

    The future of electric-car batteries, according to Mercedes | DrivingElectric

    MB actually avoids answering the question of battery degradation which makes one wonder how bad their current battery degradation is since their Compliance B-Class lost over 50% when it went into cold freezing climates compared to actual real world results for Tesla and Chevrolet BOLT.

     

    considering all batteries underperform once temperatures drop, its not really possible that GM will develop something that eliminates that problem, much less make a notable dent in that problem.

    that's going to be the unfortunate stigma electric cars will have for decades, notably to substantially less range in cold parts of the season.

    IOW, zero degradation is a pipe dream.

    Edited by regfootball
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    ^ But you see; in the 1870s the plow horse would move slower in the winter too, and sometimes the dry weather would cause his hooves to chafe, so it's really the same thing.

    • Haha 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 hours ago, regfootball said:

    considering all batteries underperform once temperatures drop, its not really possible that GM will develop something that eliminates that problem, much less make a notable dent in that problem.

    that's going to be the unfortunate stigma electric cars will have for decades, notably to substantially less range in cold parts of the season.

    IOW, zero degradation is a pipe dream.

    So in other words, not much different than the early decades of ICE before they started to focus on MPG. Some were terrible in comparison to others that did much better for burning fuel based on temperatures.

    We have to start somewhere and I am sure gm as well as others are looking at the auto's that are out there including Tesla which has been benchmarked by many OEMs in their battery tech.

    I agree that Zero Degradation is a pipe dream, but I do not seen why with proper engineering of the battery cell, battery packaging and temperature management that you cannot reduce the drop in extreme cold or hot to be a very small thing.

    Over all, be it BEV or ICE, extreme weather affects all.

    • Haha 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    the mpg drop in states like mine (no comment) have the specially formulated winter gas that is likely as least as much responsible for the mpg loss, as much as the cold weather itself is responsible.  And even then, its sort of engine size dependent.  My 1.5 Malibu would see up to a 25% hit with its tiny turbo, but normally was about 10-15%.  Otherwise, the v6 vehicles I've had have seen about that 10-12 and when its really cold, 15%.  On road trips in cold weather, not too much loss, especially once the car itself warms up from the heat by product of the ICE.

    Edited by regfootball
    • Upvote 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...