2007 Holden WM Caprice

And the interior.

This, well.. I don't have too much to say about this model that I haven't said about the other new Holdens.

The interior is a little bit upscale from the other models but could use more color. I guess the Statesman takes care of that, not to mention wood trim. I believe this car is the the sportier version of the Statesman so it would makes sense not to have wood now that I think about it.

The LED turning signal on the chrome venti-port is pretty freakin sweet. The Escalade should have that though I guess it would be overkill since the side mirrors have them.

The back is very Chevy but the last generation model had the same appearance so the Yanks actually copied the Aussies.

I love those Hugh Jazz tires and those rims are just beautiful to look at.

Edited by Cadillacfan

I want one... can I get a 6-speed w/LS2? :D

My Return to Greatness plan for Buick:

Throw a Buick grill on it and bring it to the states with a 6.0 and 6 speed auto. Price it at $39K and sell out quickly.

167477[/snapback]

I've seen postings claiming Buick will have a Statesman variant, so something like that probably will happen...

My Return to Greatness plan for Buick:

Throw a Buick grill on it and bring it to the states with a 6.0 and 6 speed auto. Price it at $39K and sell out quickly.

167477[/snapback]

its about PRODUCT!

imagine if buick had the statesman right now to chase down the Lucerne. Poor buickman wouldn't have time to sell cheap condos between test drives.

I actually like the "Caprice" name and keep wondering why GM is making this the next Impala. I wish GM would have gone through with "Chi/Lambda derived cars” which would have allowed for a premium FWD Impala full size sedan and the Zeta-based RWD full-size performance Caprice sedan.

Same with Buick. Full size FWD luxury Lucerne replacement, and a prestige RWD luxury performance RWD Statesman.

Oh well. Large & FWD is apparently a shrinking market and GM had to make the best decision financially. Considering it could have come down to a choice between Zeta & Chi, GM made the right one.

I'll be content with either the current Lucerne or the next Gen RWD Lucerne/Statesman as my next car. It's Win/Win for me either way.

I actually like the "Caprice" name and keep wondering why GM is making this the next Impala. I wish GM would have gone through with "Chi/Lambda derived cars” which would have allowed for a premium FWD Impala full size sedan and the Zeta-based RWD full-size performance Caprice sedan.

Same with Buick. Full size FWD luxury Lucerne replacement, and a prestige RWD luxury performance RWD Statesman.

Oh well. Large & FWD is apparently a shrinking market and GM had to make the best decision financially. Considering it could have come down to a choice between Zeta & Chi, GM made the right one.

I'll be content with either the current Lucerne or the next Gen RWD Lucerne/Statesman as my next car. It's Win/Win for me either way.

167554[/snapback]

You kind of answered your own question, but I think it was a matter of how many more sales GM would get out of the additional investment. If GM thought it would sell 500,000 vehicles on Zeta but only 600,000 total if it added Chi to the mix, then it probably wasn't worth it. They probably figured there would be a lot of cannibalization.

The exterior styling is boring and I hope it isn't exported anywhere as anything, but send the platform here with SS concept styling for the Chevy Impala; do 2000 LaCrosse styling for a Buick Lucerne, and cobble up something for a Pontiac Bonneville.

167554[/snapback]

I think this was 1995. Replace "Impala" with "Lumina".

I don't like the idea of having so much cars in the Chevy lineup.

I think this was 1995. Replace "Impala" with "Lumina".

I don't like the idea of having so much cars in the Chevy lineup.

167643[/snapback]

Nah... 1995 & 1996, the Impala SS was still a version of the B-Body Caprice. Impala didn't replace Lumina until 2000.

I don't think 5 cars are too many in GM's volume brand... but oh well. It won't happen...

Yeah Northstar, I knew the answer, but it's still a shame. If GM was making $10B a year in profit and didn't have all this bad publicity, we'd have both Chi & Zeta vehicles to choose from. I think Lambda has more potential than GM will take advantage of.

• 3 weeks later...

ok , but do u think have a different options from lumina ss?

176970[/snapback]

Yes, for sure. HSVs will have larger engines, larger wheels, and unique front and rear facias, as well as special interior trims. All previous HSVs have had these it only makes sense to continue the process.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, for sure. HSVs will have larger engines, larger wheels, and unique front and rear facias, as well as special interior trims. All previous HSVs have had these it only makes sense to continue the process.

Not a larger engine, but the CTS-V's 400 hp SAE/412 hp DIN LS2 instead of the 362 hp L98 in the new Lumina SS and the standard Caprice.