Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehaase

A New Face for Ford

5 posts in this topic

http://www.forbes.com/business/2005/09/08/...m_0908ford.html

Fields did seem to do a good job for Mazda, and things may be starting to turn around for PAG.

However, a Ford employee is pessimistic about the outlook for the company over the next five years, agreeing with AH-HA's statements:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?sh...62&#entry238762

Despite the good reviews for the Fusion, how well will the car do when the 2007 Camry, Aura, and Altima and 2008 Accord and Malibu debut?

Interesting comments by the Ford employee. It looks like Ford has a bigger problem than GM, especially when its higherups believed what GM did to Cadillac was never going to be successful.

I'm not a Ford fan but at the same time I want them to be a healthy, competitive American company. Ford to me is a two model company, the F-150 and the Explorer, with a little Mustang thrown in. That they still have the Ranger is just amazing. If you want a 90s retro pickup, head down to Ford. They are bringing out a variety of sedans that are just too safe, too plain and just plain dull. If Ford did not have the Ford F-150 and the Explorer, where would they be? The new cars coming on stream are not the answer. No home-runs there. I think Ford is going to have rough roads ahead.

Ditto-yeah that whole regime needs to go-I'm not surprised about the Good, not great Fusion comments, and I agree fully with whatever else he said, especially Focus C1 and Freestar comments.

My prediction: The Fusion/Milan/Zepher triplets will be a hit for Ford. Though sales will not approach Taurus levels, the cars will generate more profit because they aren't being sold at cut-rate prices to fleets and the triplets share a lot of parts, thus making it easier for Ford to recover their investment. Other than that, though, I don't really see a whole lot for Ford to be happy about in the next couple years. A good chunk of their lineup is filled with aging, bland, or unwanted vehicles with no prospects for replacement. As gas prices continue to rise, sales of the F-150, Explorer, etc. will slow down and, for some models, decline, leading to a huge loss of profit and massive inventories of unwanted trucks. Ford does realize this, and that is why they're going into another round of cost-cutting right now. They're trying to make up for declining profits by feeding fewer mouths, so to speak. But something tells me that, in the near future (i.e: next year), Ford will be posting huge losses, not unlike GM's losses early this year. Unless Ford can magically produce some new, competitve products within the next couple years, or, more likely, have a big inventory clear-out sale, their near-term future looks pretty grim to me. :(

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room