sciguy_0504

2006 Toyota Sienna

23 posts in this topic

Not much different, very slight. It's as vanilla as before. Toyota has never been able to get a van right. How many tries does it take?Represents the worst in today's design. The oversized, pinned back rabbit eyes for headlights does not do it for me. Otherwise blandness on 4-wheels. Many want that. Toyota supplies it.

Not much different, very slight.  It's as vanilla as before.  Toyota has never been able to get a van right.  How many tries does it take?Represents the worst in today's design.  The oversized, pinned back rabbit eyes for headlights does not do it for me.  Otherwise blandness on 4-wheels.  Many want that.  Toyota supplies it.

[post="12415"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the 04-05 model was actually a lot better looking than any of the CSVs. And the overall execution of the Sienna is much better than the CSVs as well.

WOW! Still not a beauty, but 100x better than the '04-05, which IMHO, always had the same awkwardness (and, strangely, a lot of shared design elements) with the '04-05 Malibu....wow, that's just strange all together, now that I think of it. Either way, this is still one of the best vans out there, the other being the Odyssey, and WORLDS ahead of those like the Freestar/Monterey and the GM CSV's. Edited by caddycruiser

Better but still boring. Though compared to other minivans on the market, this one still looks like best deal.

Looks more like a Prius in front, with maybe a little Honda thrown in. There was nothing wrong with the old front other than the grille with the protruding belt buckle.

I like the update vs. the '04-05. It looks more thought out. I like the Odyssey's exterior design but it's interior looks pretty bad. IMO, the CSV's top that.

I feel like killing the people on the forums!

Read some of thier posts...

Drunken Panda:I don't like it. My Step Dad has an 04 and I like the more agressive front on it. Looks kinda like the Mazda 5 and Civic all in one

Captain_ToyotaI liked the older styling too, but Id bet the new Sienna gets better gas milage because of how much sleeker it is.
Id take that one over the boxy minivans that GM and Ford are building these days.
Cap'n

Wow...these people are ignorant...

Civic....agressive?

Now that it's sleeker it's going to get beter mileage? WTF?!

I feel like killing the people on the forums!

Read some of thier posts...

Drunken Panda:I don't like it. My Step Dad has an 04 and I like the more agressive front on it. Looks kinda like the Mazda 5 and Civic all in one

Captain_ToyotaI liked the older styling too, but Id bet the new Sienna gets better gas milage because of how much sleeker it is.
Id take that one over the boxy minivans that GM and Ford are building these days.
Cap'n

Wow...these people are ignorant...

Civic....agressive?

Now that it's sleeker it's going to get beter mileage? WTF?!

[post="12474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Have you seen the new Civic? The front end does have an air of aggresiveness to it.

I'm guessing by "sleeker" he meant it's shape would be less wind-resistant than a boxier shape. In theory, if the car has to fight the wind less, I suppose the engine doesn't have to work as hard. So the mileage may be better.

New front end reminds me of:
Posted Image

Neither the Odyssey nor Sienna look particularly good, even for minivans. GM's CSVs have a tauter, more athletic stance and look to them...again, for a minivan.

Wow, it looks a lot better than the current version, but hardly as sexy as the Mazda 5. Power folding rear seats only add weight and complexity.

nevermidn Edited by Bimmer325

It's called posting pics, people. My PC doesn't do links. Well, after it took me a while... :rolleyes: Is it me or does it look like it got a face-lift and a botox injection? Looks better, but damn. :blink:

Looks to me like a stretched and facelifted Civic. It's just a little too happy-looking, you know? Not attractive to me, but still better than the CSVs.

I agree on the sentiment that it looks like a Mazda5 after a trip to the buffet. I also noticed how it is keeping the creeping headlight trend going. By the next facelift or redesign, they are going to be touching the A-Pillar.

This van looks pretty good to me. There was just something about the previous facia that looked really ugly and bland to me. This one is considerably less ugly and a bit less bland (at least until the Mazda5 becomes popular). While it may look sleeker, I doubt it is really any more aerodynamic than the previous version. You can only do so much for big, box-shaped vehicles like these.

Again, strike me dead for saying this, but both the Sienna and Odyssey LOOK better than any of the domestics and (gasp) have better execution inside. GM can gloss it over any way they can, but we are far behind in the fold flat seat department. My best friends just bought a Grand Caravan because of our lack of it! Yes, the Uplander, et al are an improvement over the Venture - but what is that actually saying? I am grateful that GM finally did something to the 8 year old Venture, but isn't it sad that we are just getting thrown bones? Back in 2000, the Venture was arguably the BEST minivan out there. Ride, handling, quality issues, the flip and fold seats, 8 passenger capability, but then everybody leap frogged over us. We can only sell the Uplander on price or to die hard GM fans, everyone else goes and gets a Sienna. In this market, the Uplander is about $50 a month cheaper on lease than a comparably equipped Sienna. I hope Lutz and the boys have something amazing brewing for 2007 or we may as well get out of the minivan market. Kia will overtake us by then!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead