C&G Exclusive - 2008 Enclave Spy Shots!

Flybrian

Cheers and Gears Exclusive

2008 Buick Enclave (GMT-967)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers and Gears has paid for the rights to use these photos. Please link to the URL OF THIS TOPIC AND NOT HOTLINK OR REHOST THE IMAGES if you wish to share! Thank you!

The above are some of the best photos of the production Enclave we've seen so far and we're happy to report that its not that exciting. Why? Because it looks quite identical to the stunning concept vehicle first shown seven months ago at Detroit. The instrument panel consists of a five-pack of round gauges like the concept along with the cabin-wide swath of wood trim nestled atop metallic accent of equal length. Chrome bezeling encircles the round outer air vents and console cupholders and its clear by the abundance of the chrome and wood that this is a more luxurious vehicle.

Outside, this Enclave rides signature Buick multispoke alloy wheels with telltale center caps removed. High-intensity discharge xenon headlamps in carefully jeweled housings grace the rounded front fascia. Our sources indicated this Buick will feature the adaptive headlamp technology now on several Cadillac models. Though you can't see the rear, we can tell you it retains the jeweled taillamps of the concept as well as their shape. One noticable difference with the Enclave is the window pillar on the rear side glass.

Underneath, Enclave will ride on MacPherson struts up front and a multi-link setup in the rear. As with its sister Lambdas, it will feature GM's High Feature 3.6l V6 engines at rollout with a UV8 option in a likely 'Reserve' or 'Super' trim for MY2009. Also like the Outlook and Acadia, it will feature GM's 6-speed automatic transmission in all trims and have available AWD. Production starts in March or April of 2007 for a 2008 model year introduction.

Cheers and Gears strives to bring you the latest spyshots and information while remaining member-supported with no annoying advertising. Like what you see? Consider donating to help C&G continue to give you the latest exclusive GM info on the 'net! Click below to contribute securely!

Posted Image

Haha, might I suggest a trip to the eye doctor. While in person, it does look like the material isnt quite of the quality of the concept car (which is to be expected) it looked really good.

168397[/snapback]

I'll go with your take, in this case. :P

was the plastic at least better than the Lucerne?

Well, I'm happy--it appears to be staying close to the concept. I'll be happier when I can see some high-res shots. I'm hoping the dash is leather-wrapped as promised... it appears to be if you look closely.

Looks great!  I love these Lambdas!

What's that strip of "things" below the right-most gauge?  Gear-shift indicator?

168403[/snapback]

I doubt that... probably just trip computer buttons.

So perhaps anyone who feels the production interior is less than the concept should wait 'til the '09 "Reserve" or "Super" trim?

Not to go off topic, but I think C&G should make people register. All the "visitors" viewing this C&G exclusive should at least have to register.

a little chunkier than the show car?  interior looks like cheap plastic even tho design is nice

168394[/snapback]

I can't really judge the quality of interior plastics considering it's a photo taken through a closed window of a prototype...wait until you see it in person and can see and feel the trim..

I'm sure the Enclave will be a great truck, but it will also be the eighth or ninth 7-8 passenger, 5000-6000 lb GM SUV released this year. With gas prices rising (I paid $3.79/gal for premium yesterday), it seems like such poor product planning. GM has proven that they can execute competent products; now they need to make wiser business decisions.

A lighter, cheaper Epsilon-based (Malibu on stilts?) crossover or stretched Theta would probably serve the same purpose as the Lambdas, if not attract even more buyers (those conscious about fuel prices) without cannabilizing GMT900 sales. I've always been baffled by the sales of Lexus's $45,000 RX, when considering its cheap, Camry underpinnings.

I'm sure the Enclave will be a great truck, but it will also be the eighth or ninth 7-8 passenger, 5000-6000 lb GM SUV released this year. With gas prices rising (I paid $3.79/gal for premium yesterday), it seems like such poor product planning. GM has proven that they can execute competent products; now they need to make wiser business decisions.

A lighter, cheaper Epsilon-based (Malibu on stilts?) crossover or stretched Theta would probably serve the same purpose as the Lambdas, if not attract even more buyers (those conscious about fuel prices) without cannabilizing GMT900 sales. I've always been baffled by the sales of Lexus's $45,000 RX, when considering its cheap, Camry underpinnings.

168419[/snapback]

Agreed about needing more small crossovers, but you can't fault GM for being unlucky. Gas was fine and SUV and crossover sales were booming when these products were being developed. If GM knew that gas was going to be so much, I doubt they would have planned as many and planned some smaller X-overs.

However, there still is a market for vehicles that can seat 7-8 passengers, and I have no problem with GM dominating it :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

Pacifica, Part II

168420[/snapback]

I'm sure it'll look tremendously different after the camo is removed. I wouldn't call the concept a Pacifica.

Agreed about needing more small crossovers, but you can't fault GM for being unlucky. Gas was fine and SUV and crossover sales were booming when these products were being developed. If GM knew that gas was going to be so much, I doubt they would have planned as many and planned some smaller X-overs.

However, there still is a market for vehicles that can seat 7-8 passengers, and I have no problem with GM dominating it  :AH-HA_wink:

168421[/snapback]

But you can fault GM for releasing two similar SUVs consecutively. Why go through all the trouble of developing a new platform only to divert attention from their existing 7-8 passenger SUV? Even if you ignore gas prices, it doesn't make much sense.

And besides, even if the Lambdas were a bit smaller, what's taking them so long? GM seems awfully slow in reacting to product trends. They let midsize crossovers, minivans, and hybrids completely slip by.

And besides, even if the Lambdas were a bit smaller, what's taking them so long? GM seems awfully slow in reacting to product trends. They let midsize crossovers, minivans, and hybrids completely slip by.

168426[/snapback]

Disagree. Saturn VUE and Buick Rendezvous were both out pretty early and were among the first mainstream CUVs that weren't too small (RAV4) or too expensive (M-Class).

Disagree. Saturn VUE and Buick Rendezvous were both out pretty early and were among the first mainstream CUVs that weren't too small (RAV4) or too expensive (M-Class).

168427[/snapback]

I see the VUE as a cute-ute, comparable to the CR-V and Escape, not as $25-$30K "midsizers" like the Highlander or Pilot. But, yes, the VUE had the perfect size for its class.

The Rendezvous... I was about to edit my post and include it. It was a bit eccentric and flawed, IMO, but it sold well for what it was.

...what's taking them so long? GM seems awfully slow in reacting to product trends. They let midsize crossovers, minivans, and hybrids completely slip by.

168426[/snapback]

I know GM had several setbacks building the new Lansing Delta Township plant. I believe it was originally planned to be built in 2001. The setbacks for this plant is what resulted in the U-Body/CSV minivan refresh.

Edited by VenSeattle

I see the VUE as a cute-ute, comparable to the CR-V and Escape, not as $25-$30K "midsizers" like the Highlander or Pilot. But, yes, the VUE had the perfect size for its class.

Certainly in price, but it has more in common with the Highlander in terms of weight, dimensions, and capacities. I see the VUE as a more livable CUV, something Toyota clearly realizes with the upsized RAV4. This says less of the Highlander than anything of the VUE if it represents the Toyota division's best family crossover attempt mainly because its both too small and too large for either category. Saturn pegged it just right.

The Rendezvous... I was about to edit my post and include it. It was a bit eccentric and flawed, IMO, but it sold well for what it was.

168430[/snapback]

What first-generation crossover wasn't a bit weird? But what the Rendezvous lacked in outright exterior beauty it more than made up for in dimensions and price. Its success came at drastically undercutting the 'upscale' competition while delivering some of the more elegant looks and certainly the luxury features at thousands below the RX and MDX. Today, there are multitudes of midsized crossovers offering more room and more features for less-than-luxury money.

I would also mention the SRX because, while Cadillac didn't start the trend of a great-handling SUV, it wasn't very far behind either (by one model year) and the result is fantastic. Fault the interior if you will, but not the road prowess.

the only reason the 2nd row windows have that pillar/strip is b/c they are now functional windows. the concept windows didn't work, and couldn't b/c they were to big to fit in the door.

Looks pretty sweet to me!

I can't tell if the dash has the stiched leather? But I'm willing to bet that's tied into some kind of premium package (FINE BY ME!) But they better off it it.

where are the portholes!!!

But you can fault GM for releasing two similar SUVs consecutively. Why go through all the trouble of developing a new platform only to divert attention from their existing 7-8 passenger SUV? Even if you ignore gas prices, it doesn't make much sense.

168426[/snapback]

Well originally the Lambda's were supposed to be 2004 MY vehicles I'm pretty sure (insiders correct me if I'm wrong), and the CSVs were supposed to be on Lambdas too, but that all got delayed for whatever reason.

I like that it's unchanged.

Empowah, what's with the Pacifica II comment? You know the concept and this look absolutely nothing like that vehicle. If anything, you should compare it to the Lexus RX330. Not that ultra-boring chrysler.

Sometimes, I get the feeling you are here to troll. Obviously, you are absolutely not a troll but man, I just don't see what you're seeing sometimes.

You know, at first when looking at the interior, I thought the same as Reg...But upon colser inspection and comparing it to the concept, it looks nearly the same...the only thing that is probably throwing people off is the lighting/angle etc...Do a quick comparison of the concept and this and you too will notice that they look nearly identical other than maybe a couple tiny differences...

The armrest looks stitched, I think you can actually make out the stitching. So maybe the dash is, too. If the picture was of a higher resolution we could probably see if it was stitched near the passenger window, but there's too much glare.

Overall it looks very similar. In fact, the colors look exactly like the concept.

This puppy with that new Dual Mode Hybrid would be a sweet crossover.

Where's the aluminum below the wood strip on the dash?

168530[/snapback]

I was looking for that too.. I'm assuming it's that strip below the wood, that just isn't showing because it's maybe dim, reflecting oddly, etc.

just me or do the portholes not seem to be there?

168531[/snapback]

The portholes were never visible in any of the spyshots... I believe they're not there because they're cosmetic and serve no mechanical purpose. The production version will have portholes.

Well some people seem to forget there are people that have kids and more than two so even it there are smaller SUV's and gas is going up it does not stop the fact that people have kids and they want safety and comfort. Plus I don't see people bashing Honda or Toyota MPG and they get about the same for smaller SUV's. NO CLUE!

Anyone thing this is at most a CXL model?

Black plastic-look mirrors, cheaper dash, small rims...

168552[/snapback]

Yes, and I'm assuming you'll be able to get an optional heated steering wheel ^_^

So I looked over the full rez photos and there aren't any stiches on the dash or IP. There is on the armrest.

168628[/snapback]

I'm betting it's not a standard feature, I'm sure it's a part of a premium package, or item group. Which is oK, that's how GM makes money.

I don't think everyone would want a leather covered dash, so it's optional. But i REALLY doubt they wouldn't offer.

Edited by jbartley

a little chunkier than the show car?  interior looks like cheap plastic even tho design is nice

168394[/snapback]

Not really. It's just good camo. Underneath, it's sure to retain' the curves in the front and rear that really makes it stand out.

And how big are those wheels? While i'm not a fan of the bajillion spokes, are the 18"?

If Acadia gets 18" standard, I expect 18/19" standards

168475[/snapback]

Anything less than 18s would be unacceptable. I think 18's standard, with 19's for the Resevere (or Super) with the V8 would be sweet.

Where's the aluminum below the wood strip on the dash?

168530[/snapback]

I'm a bit worried about that. There's an obvious thin strip of metal running under the wood along the dash, but it doesn't look like the thick, rich strip of the concept. However, if you notice the driver side door, the thick, full strip of the concept returns in it's right place, which gives me the impression that it'll be there. We'll have to wait and see some high-res pics, I guess.

I think the mirrors are only for the mule. The other Lambdas have much nice mirrors and are of a lower class.

168554[/snapback]

Agreed. The Acadia's mirrors are hella nice, so it stands to reason the Enclave's wil be atleast as nice.

As far as the dash goes, I hope that the stiched leather makes it to production, whether it being standard or part of a premium options package. I'd like it to be standard; it make would make a great statement about they're supposed luxury position in the market. Atleast the armrest is leather.

The portholes will be there.  They're just either covered or not there on this mule.

168669[/snapback]

I'd swear if you look at that first pick you can see the portholes. The tape bubbles and the general shape seems to imply an oblong portal ala the concept. You can just make out the outline. Or maybe I'm just trying too hard.

It'll be close between the Enclave and Acadia but we'll be getting one next year. Kids have grown this'll be perfect, esp. with AWD. And both look awesome. It'll probably come down to price but I can't see going wrong with either vehicle.