finished the first shoot

mute

i finished my first photo shoot for the acting portfolio im doing this month

it wasnt great; 600 frames over 3 hrs and nothing useable . . . anyone have any tips of how to describe smiling with the eyes and not the mouth to someone who doesnt understand? the girl isnt comfortable in front of the cameras she focuses on it when the shutter goes off and she looks angry . . . the only good shots i have are very instructed or i snapped when she wasnt looking . . . i feel kinda hopeless on how to describe the eye smile

any suggestions?

nope i know how to get a forced smile and the eyebrow raise and stuff doesnt work well enough . . . im talking like natural looking smile with the entire face shining kinda smile

177156[/snapback]

The vast majority of people can't fake that - you've got to get her talking, to bring something up that brings out that smile naturally, then capture it while it's still there.

You know the girl?

-RBB

Be funny and trick her in to laughing. It's what the photographer did for my senior pictures and it worked well despite my best efforts.

177173[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. At the least, get her talking - find out what interests her and ask her about that. It should calm her down, you'll get more natural-looking shots. If you can get her laughing, all the better.

If all else fails, two words: breakaway pants.

-RBB

im trying to train her to do it on command im not trying to trick her . . . im trying to describe the smile . . . tell her how to do it . . . i have 3 more modeling shoots this month for 3 other people and i dont want to have to spend as much time trying to trick them

anyone how please?!!? how do i describe it?

no thats not what im asking i know how to make her smile . . . im trying to describe it . . . im not taking 2 or 3 shots for a yearbook im taking a good number probably closer to 20 out of thousands of negatives

i dont want to have to get her to smile for every 3 shots . . . i want to be able to describe it once and get her to do it on command and hold it . . . and not focus on the camera or force a smile with no eyes

hah i want her to have a natural im happy to see you smile a sincere earnest eager looking smile

i want her to smile with her whole face and look like shes happy thats it . . . her face bends fine and i have a lot of shots that look good of her laughing or smiling cuz i made her laugh ( i had a lot of gas that day) but i want to train her cuz i cant take 3 shots at a time and shell stop laughing after a while because its still jsut work

the same thing could be said about pink floyd's the wall but i liked the movie

donnie darko again is one of those but i liked it and ive never smoked weed . . .

i heard it was a good movie but havent seen it a (forgive what im saying its not to insult either NOS or Croc) "so stupid its funny movie?"

i HAVE seen the life aquatic which is one of the so stupid its funny movies and i loved it

Chick: What's that drawing of?

N.D. It's a Liger...

Chick: What's a "liger"?

N.D. It's pretty much m,y favorite animal... half lion half tiger.

Dude: Did you shoot any of them?

ND: Yeah, like fifty of them! They were trying to attack my cousin; what the heck would you do in a situation like that?!

Dude: What did you shoot them with?

ND: A freakin' 12 gauge, what do you think?!

the same thing could be said about pink floyd's the wall but i liked the movie

donnie darko again is one of  those but i liked it and ive never smoked weed . . .

i heard it was a good movie but havent seen it a (forgive what im saying its not to insult either NOS or Croc) "so stupid its funny movie?"

i HAVE seen the life aquatic which is one of the so stupid its funny movies and i loved it

177301[/snapback]

:huh: I thought Napoleon Dynamite blew chunks...but why is my name being mentioned here???????? Color me confused. :unsure:

:huh: I thought Napoleon Dynamite blew chunks...but why is my name being mentioned here????????  Color me confused. :unsure:

177443[/snapback]

oh hah sorry that should be AAS i just saw the family crest and assumed real quick without looking . . .

its cool i hijacked my own thread . . . i kinda figured it out but if you have any more help ill take it

on a side note i got to shoot around with a cannon D5 today . . . meaning i was dicking around with a camera worth more than my car (KBB - 4k) in a store