Northstar

Auto Show rumor thread

29 posts in this topic

I thought this would be a fun thread to discuss possible debuts at the forthcoming auto shows. We know a Camaro concept will debut, and I've heard rumors of a Bel Air sedan concept as well. The GMT900s as well as the Lambdas will debut at some show along the line, with the Tahoe debuting at the State Fair of Texas (Sept. 30th). From what I've read from insiders at CZ28, this auto show season will have plenty of surprises. Discuss!

The new CTS might be making its rounds this auto show season. And something interesting always pops up from our friends down at Holden. I'd keep my eye on them.

I can hardly wait till Auto Show season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that GM will give us finally what we all have been wanting: Quality products priced right.

Solstice GT/GTP and Sky Redline B)

Solstice GT/GTP and Sky Redline B)

[post="86"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think we will see a small SUV on Theta lite from one of the GM NA brands. I don't know which but I think GMC could use something neat to show.

If the Camaro debuts in Detroit, will I have to wait a year to see it in LA? I might have to fly over for that one ;)

I'd love to see a stunning Buick and Cadillac concept this year, but we'll see what the budget dictates I suppose.

Any one know of any other Kappas for this season? A 2+2 version would be nice to see.

Is GM unveiling the next generation Trailblazer and Envoy at a 2006 auto show? ......It's great to see Cheers And Gears back up and running.

Are any of the dates for the 2006 U.S. auto shows released yet? (NAIAS in Detroit or the N.Y. Auto show)

[post="140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Detroit (NAIAS) dates from Saturday, January 14 to Sunday, January 22: http://www2.naias.com/

New York (NYIAS) dates from April 14 to the 23rd: http://www.autoshowny.com/ ;)

I can't wait to see the (rumored) Camaro and Challenger! Ahh!

Oh boy, we get to see the Pontiac Cobalt.

[post="500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you're referring to the Pursuit coupe, it's old news and currently featured on GM Canada:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No I was talking about the Pontiac Delta for the US which will be a mildly restyled Cobalt.

No I was talking about the Pontiac Delta for the US which will be a mildly restyled Cobalt.

[post="521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ummmm

yeah... the Pontiac Pursuit.

Yes, this is old news. Originally, Pontiac did say they weren't going to bring the Pursuit here but with the poor sales, GM is looking to boost the numbers for Pontiac in any way they can.

Lambda Rendezvous for 2007? No?

Yep, at some point this auto show season we'll see the Lambda Buick (I don't think it's going to be called Rendezvous).

Yep, at some point this auto show season we'll see the Lambda Buick (I don't think it's going to be called Rendezvous).

[post="1572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think we will also see the Saturn Lamda since they are already running test models.

[post="1572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Really? I'm surprised Buick would rename such a hot selling item for them--I mean, I've never really liked the rendezvous, granted the past 2 years it's gotten more attention put into it that has made me liked it more, but to change the name of something that is now known and popular for good reasons, just seems silly to me. Then again, look at what they did to the LeSabre.

Really?  I'm surprised Buick would rename such a hot selling item for them--

I couldn't agree with you more. It seems to be pretty popular and the current buyers like it. Why change the name?