2007 Pontiac Wave Sedan

Posted Image

Pontiac Sends New Waves Across Canada

- Unique-to-Canada Pontiac Wave hits the market at just $12,950

- Proves style, quality, practicality and upscale amenities can be found at an economy price

Oshawa, Ontario (Friday, August 11, 2006) – General Motors of Canada today announced pricing for the new 2007 Wave sedan, which goes on sale at Pontiac dealerships in August. With a starting MSRP of just $12,950, the Wave sedan boasts an all-new European influenced exterior design plus a refined and spacious interior and offers generous features usually seen in more expensive cars.

“The Wave demonstrates GM Canada’s continued commitment to provide unique vehicles that meet the distinct needs of Canadians,” said Amrit Mehta, GM of Canada’s marketing manager for small cars. “Fun to drive, stylish, safe and fuel efficient, the Wave has a ‘big car’ personality and is packed with features at a price that offers value that Canadians have never seen before in the compact segment.”

The Wave is powered by a 1.6L 16-valve DOHC four-cylinder engine producing 103 horsepower and 107 lb.-ft. of torque, enhanced by a Variable Geometry Induction System that helps maximize power across the rpm range. Electronic throttle control enhances drivability while reducing fuel consumption and emissions. A smooth-shifting five-speed manual transmission is standard. An Aisin four-speed automatic transmission with adaptive shift technology to maximize fuel savings is also available and features a segment-exclusive Hold Control Mode that enables drivers to hold a higher gear to improve traction in slippery conditions.

Available in base and SE trim, the Wave sedan offers a wide range of features. Dual stage front air bags with frontal passenger sensing system, AM/FM stereo with single CD and MP3 playback capability, auxiliary input for iPods, MP3 players and other devices, and 4-speakers, driver seat with lumbar support and armrest, a fully-reclining front passenger seat, 60/40-split folding rear seat and tilt steering are all standard.

The SE model, which starts at just $15,450, adds an impressive list of features not typical in the segment. It includes air conditioning with cabin filtration and rear-seat air vents, power operated/heated side mirrors, keyless entry with content theft-deterrent, power windows and locks, fog lamps and cruise control and, as a surprising bonus, a ‘no charge’ sunroof is also included.

For a sportier look, a Wi Special Edition package is available on both models and adds even more content including 15-inch aluminum wheels, trunk mounted spoiler, 6-speaker premium sound system, steering wheel mounted audio controls and an Apple iPod™. The Wi Special Edition package is available as a free-flow option on both models at $1,095.

With highway fuel consumption of just 5.9 L/100 km, the 2007 Wave sedan joins GM of Canada’s leading fleet of fuel efficient vehicles that get better than 7L/100km or 40MPG highway driving.

Headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario, General Motors of Canada employs more than 20,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures a variety of vehicles, engines, transmissions and other components, and markets the full range of General Motors vehicles and related services through 765 dealerships and retailers across Canada. Vehicles sold through this network include Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Hummer, Saab and Cadillac.

Edited by HarleyEarl

For a sportier look, a Wi Special Edition package is available on both models and adds even more content including 15-inch aluminum wheels, trunk mounted spoiler, 6-speaker premium sound system, steering wheel mounted audio controls and an Apple iPod™. The Wi Special Edition package is available as a free-flow option on both models at $1,095.

An Apple iPod? They're giving them away?... I kinda figured they'd let the car sell itself but whatever. It better be a good model and not the Shuffle or 1gb Nano.

So how do they pronounce "wi" ... would it be "why" or "wee" like the Nintendo Wii.

Guest YellowJacket894

Unique-to-Canada Pontiac Wave...

Thank you God. It's not flying south for the winter.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Thank you God. It's not flying south for the winter.

180340[/snapback]

Only in Canada? The same was said for the *Cough* "G5 Pursuit" *Cough*

ahhhh...but it could sneak over the border down south

I'm sure Border Security will make extra special efforts to stop that from happening. Them and probably the "Minutemen"

Edited by Captainbooyah

Guest YellowJacket894

ahhhh...but it could sneak over the border down south....here's the Mexican Pontiac G3:

Posted Image

:nono:

Only in Canada? The same was said for the *Cough* "G5 Pursuit" *Cough*

:nono::nono:

A pig-nosed Aveo makes my stomach churn. :puke:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Well, many CDN Chevr-ontiacs eventaully made it down here. Astra [Vega], T1000 [Chevette], Parisienne [Caprice], G5 [you know], ....

Some never did: Firefly [Metro], Tempest [Corsica?], Beaumont [Chevelle], Laurentan [old Impala] and Acadian [Nova].

Edited by Chicagoland

You've got to remember: Canadians see Pontiac differently from Americans. Plus, Pontiac sells better here.

180591[/snapback]

But yet the Pursuit, aka G5 came here and I'm sure this one will in the near future as well

Nice trim level array, but little else. The Aveo sedan for 2007 is not attractive, this looks worse and more un-Pontiac-like-I'm glad it stays in Canada, but if they can make it sportier, help the bottom line, and actually distinguish it from the Aveo, then maybe I'd consider. Otherwise, leave it at the north and south countries in North America.

"Is GM trying to kill pontiac on purpose???? "

Living near Canada one should know that Pontiac up there is not a 'performance brand'. Is is for some reason a clone of Chevy.

Canadians can answer why

180689[/snapback]

It's simple, Canadians are poorer than Americans and looks are more important than the specs. Therefore a better looking pontiac sells better than a chevy. Namely the Grand am over the Malibu and the Sunfire over the Cavalier.

It's simple, Canadians are poorer than Americans and looks are more important than the specs. Therefore a better looking pontiac sells better than a chevy. Namely the Grand am over the Malibu and the Sunfire over the Cavalier.

180709[/snapback]

BTW, visited Edmonton over a year ago for work here in Vegas(gaming software co., met with AGLC). Loved that place! It was cold in Feb, but reminded me of Chicago where I lived for over 40 years. Nice city.

I'm Canadian and sure not seeing much poverty lol. There are likely more Porsches than Pontiacs here. ;)

The Canadian preference for Pontiac over Chevrolet goes back almost from the day Pontiac was introduced here. It's almost always been more popular. I think we liked the image of Pontiac better.

Guest YellowJacket894

Sorry Creamy, but maybe substitute the line "Canadians are poorer" with "Canadian's are typically more frugal than their American counterparts"  ^_^

180765[/snapback]

Oh. So it comes down to being cheap, huh? :D

(Relax. You know I'm kidding.)

I'm not sober right now but that $h!'s wicked funny looking!

What a goober... like a little Mack Truck Booger.

If this car is brought to the US I think it will only hurt Pontiac's image even more because not only is it yet another dressed up Chevy but a little sub compact econobox doesnt fit well with the preformance image that they still have here. I can understand the G5 because Pontiac needs a car that younger kids can tune (think Civic, Neon, Golf) and make fast. We only need one Aveo style car down here, and just like many other failed attempts at badge enginering it will only make GM look stupid at a time when other companies are trying to give each brand its own purpose.

If this car is brought to the US I think it will only hurt Pontiac's image even more because not only is it yet another dressed up Chevy but a little sub compact econobox doesnt fit well with the preformance image that they still have here. I can understand the G5 because Pontiac needs a car that younger kids can tune (think Civic, Neon, Golf) and make fast. We only need one Aveo style car down here, and just like many other failed attempts at badge enginering it will only make GM look stupid at a time when other companies are trying to give each brand its own purpose.

181669[/snapback]

I think the memo should be drawn to finally acknowledge the fact that Pontiac lost its performance image over two decades ago. They can't really do much more to damage that performance image now.

It's also about customer perception. And marketing. Not everyone is a car-nut like us....many think of Pontiac as something sportier than a Chevy. Most wouldn't be aware or care about any shared parts.

That's why Pontiac is more popular in Canada. We love performance, even perceived performance. We even built and exported Pontiacs to Europe from Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

180709[/snapback]

Thanks... maybe here in Ontario... but from what I heard, out where you are, they pay ppl at Timies to work for $14/hr... (Alberta's booming economy)

Test drove one today... the top of the line, in automatic though... and let me tell you... a HUGE improvement over the prev gen, and a ten-fold improvement over the Lanos I had... The dash is a nice red glow, it differs in design too from the plain Aveo one... The interior plastics and materials are much better and more upscale, though a bit hard... the touches on the detail is pretty nice, like the matte crome going along under the passenger air bag... the engine... well sounds very Daewooish... but very quiet and smooth... all I could say is Daewoo (GM-DAT) has done a very good job on improving a cheap car, and making it more upscale... an actual home-grown and successful attempt on taking on the Yaris...

Oh ya... the price is pretty good too... top of the line, with everything and in automatic turns out to be 19,000 CDN $... sunroof included... I'd buy this over a Pursuit... the proportions are great... as I said, looks very upscale for what it is in person than in pictures... before you judge... see it for yourself...

Edited by Polish_Kris