Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Doane

Gee, it looks almost the same as the old one.

:P

Interesting to hear that it has grown 7 inches in length...I heard a lot of complaints were with the lack of legroom in the backseat.

It's not a mule, it's just a guy who pimped out his 6, look at the rimzzz.

I think the Mazda6 we have as a rental has more rear leg room than my Sonoma, but extra stretch room is always a plus.

I dont think commonizing the cabin size and AWD capability makes the Fusion and Milan irrelevant???

180825[/snapback]

No, this just seems more advanced (and I predict, much better) than the current 6/Fusion/Milan, as this is the next-generation car on which the next Fusion/Milan will be based.

No, this just seems more advanced (and I predict, much better) than the current 6/Fusion/Milan, as this is the next-generation car on which the next Fusion/Milan will be based.

180826[/snapback]

Honestly... come on. This is a 2008 Mazda 6 remodel. Did you expect Ford to wait until the Fusion & Milan were 4-5 years old before starting the staggered launches with their platform mates? The Milan and Fusion are completely competitive and near the top of their class in 2007 (3.5l) forms. Give them credit. Also, isn't an SVT Fusion planned soon?

Honestly... come on. This is a 2008 Mazda 6 remodel. Did you expect Ford to wait until the Fusion & Milan were 4-5 years old before starting the staggered launches with their platform mates? The Milan and Fusion are completely competitive and near the top of their class in 2007 (3.5l) forms. Give them credit. Also, isn't an SVT Fusion planned soon?

180835[/snapback]

I'm just speaking of the end results, not what Ford should or could do. But by the same token, sure, you could say that the 6 will be ignored by 2011 or so when the new Fusion comes out and improves on the '08 6.

AFAIK, there's no SVT Fusion planned and only the MKZ is getting the 3.5 V6. Hopefully later.

So are the Fusion and Milan going to be irrelevant now?

180809[/snapback]

no, it just means Ford will make them forever, as they are, just like the current Focus.

Ehh, that may have fallen victim to "The Way Forward" with the reorganization of the SVT team. Hard to say lately which programs are on and which are off with Ford.

180850[/snapback]

i think that's the same as i read somewhere...the svt version was killed during the way forward thing.

i think that's the same as i read somewhere...the svt version was killed during the way forward thing.

180876[/snapback]

There is no need for the SVT version, just use the 3.5 V6 as a standard V6 engine and they would be all set. I'm hoping for 3.5 V6 in the 08 model.

SVT was about TOTaL perfomrance. SVT models had top notch handling. engine alone isn't enough for enthusiasts.

SVT was about TOTaL perfomrance. SVT models had top notch handling.  engine alone isn't enough for enthusiasts.

181283[/snapback]

Agreed. The V6 SE I drove was occasionally floaty, spoiling an otherwise predictable handling car.

The standard V6 in the '08 Mazda 6 will be the new 3.5L Ford is putting in everything.

181289[/snapback]

finally a mazda with a decent v6 under the hood.