Drove the new CR-V

turbo200

you'd have to have a picture of looking under the hood to answer that question adequately.  note: it would say, 'made in china'

181512[/snapback]

I drove a 'Nox recently. The engine *sounded* like your typical GM V6 when you started it up <note I didn't say pushrod, the DOHC 3.4 sounds the same as the pushrod>, but once you step on it, the 'Nox really moves and sounds decent. I got to 60 much faster than I expected. Would it out run that RAV-4? probably not. But the 'Nox will pass the RAV-4 while it's stopping for gas.... again.

the best man from my wedding has new 06 pilot.  he gets 15.  one of my other groomsman, his wife just traded the odyssey for a pilot and we'll see what he gets soon.  also i have read several owner reports on edmunds that suggest 15-16 is not atypical.  17 or 18 is not as common for that car as you suggest.

181509[/snapback]

Emunds got 18.3 in their 1-year test. Then in their full test where they had it for a week: "Overzealous use of the throttle will lower mileage, however, as we managed just 15 mpg over a week."

I think it's pretty safe to say the RAV4 got 16 mpg in that C&D test do to overzealous throttle usage as well, as is often the case in short magazine tests. In fact, if you read the article you referred to (and actually read it, not just look for numbers), you will find they stated clearly: "Our fuel card reported 16 mpg overall, but we feel duty-bound to disclose that it was set mostly during hard mountain driving". Here is the link to the test drive.

Not that any of those test drives matter, wasn't it you who said mileage figures calculated over a short time, like a week, don't matter? You said yourself that you need to do at least 10,000 miles to get an accurate figure, and that even 650 miles is no better than worthless (link).

Emunds got 18.3 in their 1-year test. Then in their full test where they had it for a week: "Overzealous use of the throttle will lower mileage, however, as we managed just 15 mpg over a week."

I think it's pretty safe to say the RAV4 got 16 mpg in that C&D test do to overzealous throttle usage as well, as is often the case in short magazine tests. In fact, if you read the article you referred to (and actually read it, not just look for numbers), you will find they stated clearly: "Our fuel card reported 16 mpg overall, but we feel duty-bound to disclose that it was set mostly during hard mountain driving". Here is the link to the test drive.

Not that any of those test drives matter, wasn't it you who said mileage figures calculated over a short time, like a week, don't matter? You said yourself that you need to do at least 10,000 miles to get an accurate figure, and that even 650 miles is no better than worthless (link).

181555[/snapback]

:pokeowned::P

181555[/snapback]

how do still explain the Magnum R/T hemi getting equal/better mileage than a little sorority girl with puppy cruiser (RAV4) and a 'mommy with a bad self image because my hips ballooned out after childbirth so i gotta sell the minivan so the men at work will give me lusty looks even though i can't sleep with them, but can't afford the gas for a real body on frame suv so i have to get a wimpy crossover suv that's trying too hard to look like the jeep i wanted' Pilot? :pokeowned: you can't tell me that 700 pounds heavier magnum wasn't abused.

Edited by regfootball

how do still explain the Magnum R/T hemi getting equal/better mileage than a little sorority girl with puppy cruiser (RAV4) and a 'mommy with a bad self image because my hips ballooned out after childbirth so i gotta sell the minivan so the men at work will give me lusty looks even though i can't sleep with them, but can't afford the gas for a real body on frame suv so i have to get a wimpy crossover suv that's trying too hard to look like the jeep i wanted' Pilot? :pokeowned: you can't tell me that 700 pounds heavier magnum wasn't abused.

181600[/snapback]

That was broken grammar and so a bit confusing, but if a Magnum with more power in infinitly better looks can get better milage than a RAV 4...well than that's just pathetic

Oh, please. What is so 'pukey' about the Torrent?

181393[/snapback]

Seriously?

Go sit inside one.....then check out:

1) Steering column shroud that is the flimsiest, cheapest, and most-loosely-attached piece of plastic I've seen in a long time.

2) Cheesy, old school center stack with tacky radio and hvac controls

3) lower portion of the center stack that acts as the shift console can be easily wobbled by your hand.....i.e. it's loosely attached as well.

4) That same silver trim looks as bad in the Torrent as it does a $62K Corvette Convertible.

5) Forward-console-mounted power window switches.

6) PRNDL on the lower dash/console

181600[/snapback]

Doing 40K miles in one-year (C&D long-term Magnum R/T) requires a ton of highway driving.

Seriously?

Go sit inside one.....then check out:

1)  Steering column shroud that is the flimsiest, cheapest, and most-loosely-attached piece of plastic I've seen in a long time.

2)  Cheesy, old school center stack with tacky radio and hvac controls

3)  lower portion of the center stack that acts as the shift console can be easily wobbled by your hand.....i.e. it's loosely attached as well.

4)  That same silver trim looks as bad in the Torrent as it does a $62K Corvette Convertible.

5)  Forward-console-mounted power window switches.

6)  PRNDL on the lower dash/console

181611[/snapback]

Everyone knows that the Torrent has &#036;h&#33; interior quality; I was commenting on looks, not quality. I still don't see what's so pukey about that picture. The interior contrast and S40-like center stack are almost Scandinavian.

Everyone knows that the Torrent has &#036;h&#33; interior quality; I was commenting on looks, not quality. I still don't see what's so pukey about that picture. The interior contrast and S40-like center stack are almost Scandinavian.

181615[/snapback]

Okay.....yeah it LOOKS nice...other than the old-school center-stack controls.

It's the execution that sucks.

Okay.....yeah it LOOKS nice...other than the old-school center-stack controls. 

It's the execution that sucks.

181835[/snapback]

old school?

Like the '07 Camry?

Posted Image

3 dials, a radio, two vents, stacked on each other.....

like the Mazda 6?

Posted Image

At least Toyota (and Mazda, Nissan, and Honda) can integrate their radios unlike GM, Ford, and Chrysler (sadly).

182150[/snapback]

To each their own, I see no problem with most domestic interiors. I find the general layout of most japanese interiors to be unappealing.

the new camry interior really doesn't look bad in pictures. but i sat in a couple at the auto show and they were quite honestly, very ordinary. they have cheapened the door panels and some other things. the gauges were nice though.

its just that its nothing special. I would say the accrod's interior is still better.

old school?

Like the '07 Camry?

Posted Image

3 dials, a radio, two vents, stacked on each other.....

like the Mazda 6?

Posted Image

181844[/snapback]

No....not the arrangement.....the &#036;h&#33;ty and cheap feeling controls.....and the sheer tacky look/design of them.

"Old School" as opposed to GM's new "black-tie" (i.e. Lucerne, SKY, Impala) corporate center-stack controls.

I mean seriously O.C. is there a GM car out there that you can't find some oddball thing to nitpick about that is often duplicated or similar in foriegn vehicles?

182106[/snapback]

First of all, my "nitpicks" as you call them are NOT that often duplicated or similar, if at all, in foreign vehicles.

That's WHY I nitpick about it.

Frankly, I don't let my GM enthusiasm cloud my criticism of their products.

I'll say it again....if I was truly such a GM-hater and GM-basher and Import-lover, I wouldn't have bought a C6.....

....and then 9 months later, leased a CTS......

When I could have had a Porsche (versus the C6) or a BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Acura, Lexus, OR Infiniti (versus the CTS.)

:pokeowned:

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, my "nitpicks" as you call them are NOT that often duplicated or similar, if at all, in foreign vehicles.

That's WHY I nitpick about it.

Frankly, I don't let my GM enthusiasm cloud my criticism of their products.

I'll say it again....if I was truly such a GM-hater and GM-basher and Import-lover, I wouldn't have bought a C6.....

....and then 9 months later, leased a CTS......

When I could have had a Porsche (versus the C6) or a BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Acura, Lexus, OR Infiniti (versus the CTS.)

182381[/snapback]

why do we never see your nit-picks of the foreign makes then?

why do we never see your nit-picks of the foreign makes then?

187863[/snapback]

You aren't looking?

And most of the topics on here relate to GM...?

For example.....I've been known for my outright disgust over the design of the new S-Class.....going way further than "nitpicking" on this car.