Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

hey

We turned them off in the lounge to get rid of some of the useless posting. I realize I may have a lot of posts and whatnot, so this may sound weird coming from me, but if you're that worried about your post count you're not here for the right reason. We're not here to see how many posts someone can accumulate or needlessly up our counts, we're here to discuss cars.

Well that's not fair... The majority of my posts are in the lounge. :P

[post="14130"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually it makes perfect sense. :CG_all:

Well, I don't post to up my count... So I doubt it's going to slow any posting from me in the Lounge. If anything, I'll post more since it won't count... :P Maybe not, but I think it's stupid. Especially since your post count determines your... (Damn, I can't think of what I want to say. Come on, brain, think! Status?... No, that's not it. Damnit, I can't think of it... Grrr... Whatever it is that I'm trying to think of...) I think it would have been better if it's based off join date. And no, not from this board, but your original one (unless it is your original one).

Yeah... I look at everyone as equal too. Including mods and admins. Always have. But this is not an eligible excuse for tampering with someone's ranking. It's downright retarded and I've never been a fan of it. Same with censorship. C&G has usually gone against these things. That's why I've grown fond of it. This and when it was done back on Snitz are not.

C&G Staff Forum: "We want to to take member's mind off post counts. Ya know... since this is a car forum first and foremost. So how are we going to do this? Well... I know... we could eliminate the post counts from the avatar and delete the "Today's top ten posters" and "Overall top ten posters" links. Nah... we're too stupid. How about we just disable the post count in the Lounge? Wow... what a great idea! That will stop all post whoring!" The sad thing is... That's probably how it actually went. :rolleyes:

C&G Staff Forum: "We want to to take member's mind off post counts. Ya know... since this is a car forum first and foremost. So how are we going to do this? Well... I know... we could eliminate the post counts from the avatar and delete the "Today's top ten posters" and "Overall top ten posters" links. Nah... we're too stupid. How about we just disable the post count in the Lounge? Wow... what a great idea! That will stop all post whoring!"

The sad thing is... That's probably how it actually went. :rolleyes:

[post="14481"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No actually it went a little more like this:

Original post:
"There's a lot of needless and childish post whoring going on in the Lounge, do you think we should see if they stop or turn off the post counts there?"

Reply A:
"I think we should see if it continues and if it doesn't then we should end the post count in the Lounge. I would be in favor of ending all post counts but then everyone will complain about rankings."

And other replies agreed that ending the count would be a good move, so it was ended.

And no, I didn't just make that up. That's actually pretty close to what was said.

Oh, and you know what the sad thing is? Whoring in the Lounge actually went down because of the change. :rolleyes: :blink: :o

Well... I find it hard to believe that it went down because of that... I mean, hell, I never noticed until I saw this thread. Ever think that maybe it was just a coincidence. There are probably too much against that, though... I still disagree with post counts being turned off. It's just senseless and prevents natural occurance of one's ranking... As I see, you guys expected me to complain of this before-hand. Still, this pic makes me angry:

Posted Image

There goes my rank. I might as well just stop posting all together. <_<

BTW, don't you just love me?

Who says I compare ranks? I don't. I complain about them being tampered with, though... But, alas, that is what I said. For the time being, I feel like it because it irritates me. If you anything about me... I won't just keep quiet and be fine with it. I'm going to let you know... AKA what I'm doing right now. Mmmkay?

As for me being the only one... Well, I'm probably the only one that's not afraid to criticize the staff members and their actions. Yeah, I'm probably the only one that cares as well, but that's just too bad. If you really don't want me to complain so much... don't give me things to complain about. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

And if you guys really wanted to stop post whoring, why don't you just eliminate the counts from all forums. While your at remove the counts from our avatars and those two links that showcase none-other than who posts the most. Or would you all rather have me complain? Is that it? I can continue on if that's the case....

Who says I compare ranks? I don't. I complain about them being tampered with, though... But, alas, that is what I said. For the time being, I feel like it because it irritates me. If you anything about me... I won't just keep quiet and be fine with it. I'm going to let you know... AKA what I'm doing right now. Mmmkay?

It irritates you, fine. You've made your point.

As for me being the only one... Well, I'm probably the only one that's not afraid to criticize the staff members and their actions. Yeah, I'm probably the only one that cares as well, but that's just too bad.

No. You're the only one that cares about the ranking system as such. I remember you complaining about this and other mostly irrelevant things on the old board, too. And if you're going to take offense to what I just said, then let me borrow a page from your old book and say, "Its my opinion and if you don't like it, deal with it."

If you really don't want me to complain so much... don't give me things to complain about. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

You're not the only member on this forum.

And if you guys really wanted to stop post whoring, why don't you just eliminate the counts from all forums. While your at remove the counts from our avatars and those two links that showcase none-other than who posts the most. Or would you all rather have me complain? Is that it? I can continue on if that's the case....

I really don't feel like messing around with code I'm not familiar with. I have better things to do like not accidently screwing up the forum. Therefore, I'll leave that for Josh to decide and the rest of us as well.

You can continue to bitch if you want; that's your perogative. Just realize that if you call people 'stupid' as you did a few posts ago, its a simple lack of respect.

It irritates you, fine. You've made your point.

Or in other words: "Whatever... shut the hell up". Alrighty then...

No. You're the only one that cares about the ranking system as such. I remember you complaining about this and other mostly irrelevant things on the old board, too. And if you're going to take offense to what I just said, then let me borrow a page from your old book and say, "Its my opinion and if you don't like it, deal with it."

Offense? Why would I take offense to that? I'll openly admit that...

You're not the only member on this forum.

You have a point... but then again, there's more members than the 8 or so staff members. I wonder if majority rules? Although, since I'm the only one that cares, it probably wouldn't be majority. Egh... Whatever.

I really don't feel like messing around with code I'm not familiar with. I have better things to do like not accidently screwing up the forum. Therefore, I'll leave that for Josh to decide and the rest of us as well.

Well... I was refering to all of you guys... So...

You can continue to bitch if you want; that's your perogative. Just realize that if you call people 'stupid' as you did a few posts ago, its a simple lack of respect.

Nah... It's obvious that you guys don't like my bitching.

As for the stupid comment... Well, that's a classic case of sarcasm. Not the usual sarcasm, but sarcasm none-the-less. I mean... just read that post. It's stupid. :P

I do have one last thing to say... Would you guys like it if I started post whoring in the forums not known as the Lounge? Ya know... to accomodate what I lose in the Lounge. That should be fair... I mean, it's not like I'm post whoring in the Lounge where you guys clearly don't want it. If I were to do it in there, I'd probably get banned...

Blatent post whoring anywhere will result in the freezing of post counts from your membership, perhaps even a reset to '0'. Additional blatent post whoring beyond that will result in other disciplinary action. Seriously, the above shouldn't even need to be pointed out on this forum. You guys are way beyond that level.

I figured you wouldn't like that... I meant it in jest anyways. Rest assured, I wouldn't do that. Blatantly post whoring is overrated. Haven't done it since... well, I'm not sure. A while if I didn't do it when I was drunk some night that I don't remember.... :P Meaningful post whoring is a different story, though. Sixty8 and maybe even HE know a thing or two about that too... But we all have urges to have some fun every now and then. That's why we desperately need a chat room or another shoutbox.

Well... I find it hard to believe that it went down because of that... I mean, hell, I never noticed until I saw this thread. Ever think that maybe it was just a coincidence. There are probably too much against that, though... I still disagree with post counts being turned off. It's just senseless and prevents natural occurance of one's ranking... As I see, you guys expected me to complain of this before-hand. Still, this pic makes me angry:

Posted Image

There goes my rank. I might as well just stop posting all together. <_<

BTW, don't you just love me?

[post="14530"][/post]

Umm your point is totally pointless that you can't go up in posts. You have 10 more posts since you added that.

You have a point... but then again, there's more members than the 8 or so staff members. I wonder if majority rules? Although, since I'm the only one that cares, it probably wouldn't be majority. Egh... Whatever.

You're the only one that cares? Your pretty damn arrogant if you think you're the only one that cares. If no one else cared, you wouldn't have C&G to bitch on. If no one else cared, why would Josh have spent hundreds of dollars of HIS OWN money on spy shots? If no one else cared, why would Z have spent HOURS making new skins for the site? If no one else cared, why would Fly have contacted the host to find out why the site crashed? If no one else cared, why would I have spent hours making Engine, Transmission, and Assembly Plant PDFs?

Actually I think you're the only one that really cares about your goddamn rank and post count. Maybe there are others that care too, but at least they don't come out and bitch about it.

It is how it is. If you want everything to be perfect for YOU, go start YOUR OWN forum. If not, deal with it.

Umm your point is totally pointless that you can't go up in posts. You have 10 more posts since you added that.

That wasn't my point... I know I can, but the majority of my posts are in the Lounge; therefore tainting it.

You're the only one that cares? Your pretty damn arrogant if you think you're the only one that cares. If no one else cared, you wouldn't have C&G to bitch on. If no one else cared, why would Josh have spent hundreds of dollars of HIS OWN money on spy shots? If no one else cared, why would Z have spent HOURS making new skins for the site? If no one else cared, why would Fly have contacted the host to find out why the site crashed? If no one else cared, why would I have spent hours making Engine, Transmission, and Assembly Plant PDFs?

Once again, you have missed my point. My point was what you said below... I meant that I'm probably the only the cared about this.

Actually I think you're the only one that really cares about your goddamn rank and post count. Maybe there are others that care too, but at least they don't come out and bitch about it.

Yep, that was my point. And as I said... I'm probably the only one with enough balls to come out and bitch about it. If anything, you should have expected this from me...

It is how it is. If you want everything to be perfect for YOU, go start YOUR OWN forum. If not, deal with it.

Well, I would but I think I like bitching. It feels nice. Sorry.... Wait, I kind of do have my own forum. Not exactly mine, but Bimmer's. Modern Driver. Yes, the one that you asked me to remove from my sig. The only problem with it is that once C&G went back up... it basically died. So sad too... Bimmer put alot of work into it. Edited by blackviper8891

That's it! Time outs! Both of you!

Blackviper: Yes, it's kind of goofy that they turned the post counting off in the lounge, but there are plenty of other sites that are just for lounging around in. It just seems to happen more often when there is nothing interesting going on in the automotive world. If anyone is worried about raising their post count, they can offer interesting and insightful comments in one of C&G's many other sub-forums.

Yes, a chat room or shout box would be cool to have again, but let's wait until C&G is fully functioning again before we start railing angrily about features we think it should add.

Northstar: No one was knocking the administrators ability or devotion to running this site. We know you guys dump alot of work into this site and it shows. In fact, it blows GMInsideSnooze out of the water content and commentary wise. Yeah we'll occasionally piss and moan about small stuff, but don't let it get to you. Besides, you have the power to mess with other peoples posts and ban them. You should be happy! :D

Now let's put this all behind us and have an ice cream cone.
Posted Image

[post="14955"][/post]

Joe have I said how much I love your off the cuff posts yet today? Because while this may not be off the cuff, I still love it just as much.

Which brings me to whether or not we should spend a couple hundred more bucks on spy shots.

Chapter 11 for "Josh Inc." may be just around the corner lol just kidding.

I wonder if my 13 month old nephew Kyle qualifies as my financial advisor? I love the kid to death so I wouldnt put him through that punishment but damn, it would be funny to hear Josh Inc went bankrupt from a 13 month old child!

Yes, a chat room or shout box would be cool to have again, but let's wait until C&G is fully functioning again before we start railing angrily about features we think it should add.

Even though I wasn't railing angrily about that... :P

As for the rest of what you said... That's what the lounge is for. Anything goes... it shouldn't have to be all cars, all the time. Why else would there be a lounge? Otherwise, It's like having a Pontiac forum filled with Chevy stuff. That isn't what it's for. I'm not saying the lounge should have nothing about cars, but I think it's kind of retarded to not want non-car stuff.

And to continue on with my bitching... :rolleyes: I just feel that I am feeling the consequenses for something I don't do. I don't post whore... atleast not intentially. I used to, yes, and I got a warning because of it. So I've stopped. Since good news about Pontiac is extremely rare these days... I've pretty much gave up on the news sections. If that's all that C&G offered, I wouldn't be here. That's why the majority of my posts reside in the Lounge. It's the main reason I come here. If it didn't exist, guess what, I wouldn't be here. But because I post mainly in the Lounge, now they won't count. It's like what the hell did I do? Why couldn't you guys have talked to the offenders? Told them to stop? Idk... anything other than turn off the post counts? ...Instead of punishing everybody. It's retarded. It's like giving everyone a ticket on a stretch of highway when one person speeds or sending everybody inside a store to jail when one person steals. Retarded, retarded, retarded, retarded! And I'm sorry, I'm not going to stop bitching about it.