Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

New Ford Truck/SUV Grille

Do you like Ford's new truck/SUV grille design?   45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ford's new truck/SUV grille design?

• Love it
    • Will get used to it
    • Can't stand it

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

I don't love it but I don't hate it, either.

I'll get used to it. Thank God it's not nearly as hideous as the Ridgeline/refreshed Pilot grille

The grille on the actual trucks isn't that bad, not great either, but the refreshed Explorer looks like total crap. It rips off VW, SAAB, and Land Rover all in one giant hodgepodge of ugliness.

Ford must have had conference calls with VW/Audi...the new Explorer grill has that look.

I like the super duty grills.. that's about it for ford trucks... But that Audi/VW + Saab (side holes remind me of saab) looks alkward...

My opinion's is the same as sciguy's: no lovey, no hatey. The F-150 FX4 grille is prolly my fav Ford truck grille.

It's only bad when it's chromed really. I saw a few new Explorers at the dealer without the chrome grill and they looked significantly better, but also more like the '05.

I'll get used to it...I think there were better ways it could have been done, but it's not unappealing to my eyes. In certain lights and angles, it actually looks pretty good.

The Explorer has different version of the grille for each trimline. The one pictured is my least favorite. I like the other versions fine, though.

Posted Image

I can understand the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and Sweedes not understanding how to use chrome properly, but damnit, Ford...you're American; you should know better.

It's so...innocuous. It's just kind of there and non-descript. That's the kind of thing that any automaker should stay away from.

I can't stand the new Explorer grilles. They're just a little too precious. And I think the headlights look stupid. But I agree with Decka on the SuperDuty grilles.

I can understand the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and Sweedes not understanding how to use chrome properly, but damnit, Ford...you're American; you should know better.

[post="13842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm just happy to see chrome coming back to cars!

I'm just happy to see chrome coming back to cars!

[post="13927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, but I'd choose something chromeless rather than bedecked with obnoxious chrome if it can't be done tastefully.

Obnoxious applications to my eyes include the new Jetta (grille), Nissan Titan (skidplate), and original Lincoln LS (front/rear bumper trim).

At first, I hated it, now, I think it's grown onto me, just like when I first saw the 2002 Silverado, the Ford Thunderbird, the 05' Jagaur XJ, the Trail Blazer, and many other vehicles.

I saw the one Variance posted on the expressway today, and I don't like or hate. It would have been a lot better if they hadn't gone all VW with the lower section full of chrome. From the glance I got at it, the headlights look fine, too.

The Explorer has different version of the grille for each trimline. The one pictured is my least favorite. I like the other versions fine, though.

Posted Image

[post="13841"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I just looked back at my post and thought I should clarify it. The grille on burgundy Explorer in the first post of the thread is the one I like the least. The one I posted (and the others) are the ones I like. Edited by VarianceJ30

Posted Image
I'll have to see them in person to pick a favorite but they're all good.

The best part is offering 4 different looks. Hope Ford does more of this - esp. for the 500 when it gets it's refresh.

The new grille makes the Explorer look marginally better, but more importantly, it makes it look significantly newer. For one of the best selling SUVs on the market, it looks remarkably fresh.. makes it seem like Ford is on top of the game, with the times.

Ford has done that a couple of times. Front ends that look terrible, but eventually they grow on me enough to tolerate.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room