Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Josh

Ford Tries For Ghosn

10 posts in this topic

LONDON -- Carlos Ghosn, the former head of Nissan Motor Co. who now is chief executive of Renault SA, has reportedly turned down an offer from Ford Motor Co. to become a top executive for the second time in three years. A report from Bloomberg News, citing people familiar with the situation, said Ghosn was concerned the Ford family's 40% voting stake could limit his influence.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...DC}&siteid=mktw

Man, Ford must be worse shape then what we previously thought. They really want this guy to take control of the company? Didn't they see what he did with Nissan? Yeah, sure they make cool cars now but what about the quality issues? Isn't Ford trying to prove that it doesn't make cars that fall apart anymore?

He's not solely to blame for Nissan's build quality problems. Didn't the Canton plant clean up its act after Nissan engineers went over there to supervise and educate? I thought it was mainly workers who were causing the problems.

'cause yea, I mean it's always the dumb American workers fault.

[post="14204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe in this case it was (though not dumb, just inexperienced). Canton was brand-new plant with new workers.

If I was Ghosn (and not partial to GM) I don't think I'd move from Renault either, at least not to Ford.

Maybe in this case it was (though not dumb, just inexperienced). Canton was brand-new plant with new workers.

[post="14223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thank you for making my point.

I don't think Ghosn would fit in with Ford. That wasn't a smart move on Ford's part to even ask him. Is Ford so incapable that he couldn't / can't do it on his own?

One hopes GM could still pick him up.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0