Real world pics of the Pontiac Pursuit Coupe

Anyways, I still can't believe how similar it is to the Cobalt. I mean... they could have atleast changed the wheels... come on, GM.

[post="14337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Which is exactly why we don't need a version of the Cobalt in the states badged as a Pontiac. I'd rather see Pontiac get nothing in the segment then something that has no added sportiness or excitement to it. They might as well start trying to fix the image now rather than continuing to tarnish it.

Thanks Polishkris for the great photos and for posting them. I like this car alot and Pontiac needs it in the US. It's different enough to distinguish it from the Cobalt and I like that it has different wheel options as well. I actually like it better then the Cobalt...the rear looks better. They have many at the dealership now.

Thanks Polish Kris for the great photos and posting them. I like this car a lot. Pontiac in the US should have it. It is different enough to distinguish it from the Cobalt. I actually prefer the rearend treatment over the Chevy. I see lots at the dealerships now. I like that it has different wheel options then it's cousin as well.

What's with the white tape over the Pontiac emblem on the nose?

[post="14510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Something they put on at Lordstown do not know why. I thought it was to keep the emblem from being damaged. Also something I see when I drive pass the shiping lot there. Also a fast way to tell then from the Cobalts.

Nice catch! Looks like somewhere between Oshawa and Bowmanville eh?

[post="14361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, like a kilometre before the exit to Simcoe Street, two days ago, I saw a brand new Astra 2 door hatch with German plates driving past me on the lights on Simcoe Street, lol, now that I commute to University of Ontario everyday to school, I see allot of GM stuff there, lol, and I'm not even a GM fan, a week ago, I saw a large sedan with all black camo, and with a dealer plate. Ted is really jealous of me, that I go to school in GM of Canada central. So I bring my camera for cases like those.

It looks MUCH better than the Sunfire, plus what I have seen of the Cobalt I LOVE, but I still think Pontiac in the states needs something different or nothing at all (for long term image). I know this sounds bad, but I think an inexpensive, decent performing, small car from Daewoo could be a nice fit if done right. GM really needs to use Daewoo more in their market building strategy.

One of the worst rebadge jobs of 2005. :(

Think that same car (pursuit coupe purple) was at Gus Brown's Pontiac Buick in Whitby today. I saw the car parked out front, the metal shoes looked great and it was parked next to a G6 coupe, they looked like they belonged together. Now the pontiacs in canada can go to town with that car and combined the two franchises Chevrolet and Pontiac Buick GMC can knock Honda Dealers back on their asses as they struggle with their over priced new civics. Edited by gmbuoy

[post="14639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

More like the worst badge job of all time. At least the Sunfire /Cavalier had different front and rear ends,different panels,hood,lights and unique dashes, but you have to understand without this car Pontiac dealers in Canada would be in serious trouble.

[post="14639"][/post]

More like the worst badge job of all time. At least the Sunfire /Cavalier had different front and rear ends,different panels,hood,lights and unique dashes, but you have to understand without this car Pontiac dealers in Canada would be in serious trouble.

[post="15861"][/post]

No no no... THIS is the worst rebadge of all time:

Posted Image

... INTO:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the Pursuit and G6 coupes look like brothers...and they need this car in their dealerships.  In Canada GM dealerships are combined.  When you have a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership, they need this type of car to compete properly.

[post="14929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Just like the T1000, Ventura II, Astre, and the now the Torrent? Chevys with Pontiac badges? Who in their right mind would actaully think that a Pontiac badge is worth the extra dime?

Modern car buyers couldn't care less about "GM divisional identity". If it is not different enough, why bother?

Just like the T1000, Ventura II, Astre, and the now the Torrent? Chevys with Pontiac badges? Who in their right mind would actaully think that a Pontiac badge is worth the extra dime?

Modern car buyers couldn't care less about "GM divisional identity". If it is not different enough, why bother?

[post="21228"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Words to live by for GM's Dearborn buddy. Seriously. Its probably on a plaque somewhere for them.

• 2 weeks later...