Real-World MDX pics

Northstar

Notice that the trim doesn't like up from the door to the dash.

In what picture? This one?

Posted Image

It looks to me like the door might not be closed all the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precocious little scamp, ain't I?

195383[/snapback]

The only real similarity I see is the back window curve. What is that, a Saturn SUV?

Yes, that picture. Even if the door is open a slight bit though, it's not going to make the trim on the door move down when it closes.

195404[/snapback]

I don't really see anything wrong. It could just be the angle that's making it look wierd. Better go look at one in person once they hit dealers :P

Real world pics of the MDX are damn beautiful. The wood works well with the black interior. The rear is also very nice looking in these pics. I can see what people are saying about the Suzuki XL-7 but in my eyes, the XL-7's front end looks like it was stretched down due to the headlights ending further down than the grille. Meh, love this car :) Still prefer the MDX in darker colors to help contrast with the grill more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precocious little scamp, ain't I?

195383[/snapback]

closed circuit to flybrian, i made that comparo to our honda banger friends about a week ago already, and its even more obvious in the photos you selected....so maybe that XL7 is gonna be a helluva nice vehicle for the price

and it looks like an ACURA!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

The headlights on the Suzuki are pretty bad, and don't look at all like the MDX if you ask me:

Posted Image

I did a quick photoshop on the driver's side headlight to show that they could look infinitely better with just a minor tweak. I can't believe the designers didn't do this:

Posted Image

Edited by siegen

Yes, that picture. Even if the door is open a slight bit though, it's not going to make the trim on the door move down when it closes.

195404[/snapback]

after looking at the picture i think it was built that way. the door looks closed its just that it looks as if the line continues from the passenger side. not the drivers.

it looks strange to me it looks like it has an "occular" look to it.

i dont like it and i think it will be dated soon.

edit: and theres way too many g"d^amn*d buttons and markings. i think theyre trying way too hard now.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

generally, simpler is better

Posted Image

195673[/snapback]

Considering the MDX shown is probably the highest end version, there is a lot of stuff to squeeze into there, which require a lot of buttons that may look daunting at first. If you can find a way to make controls for all of these features into 4 buttons and an annoying touch spinny thing, be my guest. :AH-HA_wink:

- Driver's 10-way power seat, including power adjustable lumbar support

- Electronic tilt and telescoping steering column

- Acura personalized settings for driver's seat, steering column, outside mirrors, climate control, select audio settings and more

- Front passenger 8-way power seat

- Front heated seats

- Second-row heated outboard seats

- 410-watt, 10-speaker Acura/ELS Surround™ Premium Sound System with multi-format 6-disc in-dash CD/DVD-AUDIO changer, AM/FM tuner, and XM® Satellite Radio, including 8-inch subwoofer

- Auxiliary jack for personal audio devices

- Multi-Information Display (MID) allows access to multiple electronic functions

- Exterior temperature indicator

- Smart Maintenance

- HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface

- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ and rear view camera

- AcuraLink™ satellite communication system with real-time traffic

- Power moonroof with tilt, auto-open/close, auto-reverse and key-off operation

- Heated outside mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down

- Speed-sensing, variable intermittent windshield wipers

- Intermittent rear-window wiper

- Cruise control

- Power windows with driver and front passenger's auto-up/down, auto-reverse and key-off operation

- GPS-linked, solar-sensing, Tri-Zone, automatic climate control system with humidity control and filtration

- DVD Rear Entertainment System with wireless headphones and remote control

- 110-volt power outlet in center console

- Remote power-operated tailgate

- Auto day/night mirror with compass

- Overhead map lights (front and rear)

All or most of these features will require some sort of space on the front dash area. And there are probably plenty I missed, specially the more common buttons/controls. So, all this and 10 cup holders, and you guys still find a way to complain!

Of the SSEi?

Posted Image

And for all that rip on the button count, plastics, and air vents, its wonderfully intuitive, all the surfaces are very soft-touch, and you always get enough air.

195947[/snapback]

Assuming that is from an early-mid 90's car, I think it looks very good. There are a fair amount of buttons, what do the ones above the CD player do? So magazines ripped into that for having too many buttons?

The main thing I would complain about the Bonneville's buttons is that was when GM was still using the cheap looking grey plastic. Asthetically, they just don't gel well with the rest of the black dash. They do look down-market even if they might not feel like it.

I've always hated that grey button color choice for the 90's GM vehicles.

Assuming that is from an early-mid 90's car, I think it looks very good. There are a fair amount of buttons, what do the ones above the CD player do? So magazines ripped into that for having too many buttons?

195960[/snapback]

2000-2005

2004+ GXPs dressed up that interior nicely with stainless accents and faux carbon fiber. Also, the gray-on-gray combo makes it seem awash in the same tone. The neutral-on-gray is better-looking to some.

The little bank above the CD player has - from top to bottom - E/M Conversion, Trip Reset, Mode (Personalization, DIC, or Compass Calibration), Select (also scrolls), and Reset (for DIC functions).

After having a 2000 SSEi in the family for going on six years now with almost 120,000 miles and the harsh Florida sun, the interior materials are supurb in quality. Those gray buttons may look cheap as hell (and they do), but they hold up better than cars half its age, such as a Nissan I know of.

????

Looks perfectly aligned to me.....

195973[/snapback]

Look again, and make sure it's in the highest-res possible. The driver's side lines up as it should. The passenger's side does not, however. The line created by the dash protruding does not line up from the dash to the door, nor does any other line in the area I have made a shape around that goes from the dash and onto the door. It's close, yes, but it doesn't like up as it should. And keep in mind this is a $40k+ vehicle.

Posted Image

2000-2005

2004+ GXPs dressed up that interior nicely with stainless accents and faux carbon fiber. Also, the gray-on-gray combo makes it seem awash in the same tone. The neutral-on-gray is better-looking to some.

The little bank above the CD player has - from top to bottom - E/M Conversion, Trip Reset, Mode (Personalization, DIC, or Compass Calibration), Select (also scrolls), and Reset (for DIC functions).

After having a 2000 SSEi in the family for going on six years now with almost 120,000 miles and the harsh Florida sun, the interior materials are supurb in quality. Those gray buttons may look cheap as hell (and they do), but they hold up better than cars half its age, such as a Nissan I know of.

196010[/snapback]

Hmm.. I had a chance to drive a 2004 Grand Prix GT a couple months back. I came away extremely unimpressed. Everything about the interior sucked, from the feel of everything (specially the steering wheel, ugh), to the look of it. The radio controls and center area looked like they pulled it straight out of an early 90's Pontiac, or it had received no updates since then. It was a rental and probably a base model, as it had a tape player (I think), but regardless, no car should be that bad. It also felt like it had a 4cyl, although I think they only come with a V6. A bit off topic, but if the Bonneville is anything like the Grand Prix, then I can see where the journalists would harp on it.

195960[/snapback]

The previous Bonneville interior is a better example, I think

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm.. I had a chance to drive a 2004 Grand Prix GT a couple months back. I came away extremely unimpressed. Everything about the interior sucked, from the feel of everything (specially the steering wheel, ugh), to the look of it. The radio controls and center area looked like they pulled it straight out of an early 90's Pontiac, or it had received no updates since then. It was a rental and probably a base model, as it had a tape player (I think), but regardless, no car should be that bad. It also felt like it had a 4cyl, although I think they only come with a V6. A bit off topic, but if the Bonneville is anything like the Grand Prix, then I can see where the journalists would harp on it.

196020[/snapback]

Nah... the Bonneville was certainly better. The Grand Prix... deserves most of the slack it gets in those areas. The GXP, with slight differences improves it, but just slightly. But with feel and looks, even the previous Grand Prix was somewhat better. The Bonne definitely outclasses it, though, even despite it being 4 years older. I always liked the design of its interior, even if it was a bit overkill with the amount of vents. :P