Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dufus22

ford edge spy pic

22 posts in this topic

This is a crossover vehicle and based on the Mazda6. Ford is apparantly very sensitive about the spy shots, asking one site to remove the photos.

LMAO the ford edge, thats one badd ass name, they need to push the guys who come up with this crap off of the "EDGE" of a cliff

hmph.... why does the side view of this thing look more exicting then the side view of the Aviator.... I mean, you can't really see the side of this past the camo, but I see curves, lines, the spy shots for the Aviator look bland, and boring... oh well.

Yes, Ford has opted for dull and boring as a design philosophy. Some of the public like very safe, banal cars. It remains to be seen, how successful they are.

wow, not very dynamic. now i CAN buy a freestyle and not have to worry about it being upstaged by some more dynamic ford design anytime in the near future. Edited by regfootball

Ford didn't ask any site to take down spy pics, it was a real pic of it, which I have saved on my comp. It's basically a Fusion grill combined with the headlights you can see in the spy pics, added to a bland side.

You know two ford employees were fired because they posted offical pictures on a forum, and judgin by the picks posted ford did a crappy job covering up the Edge with camo.

Looks too small, a bit on the boring side too, IMO. And yes, its a 5-passsenger vehicle.

The Ford Edge? Sounds like a razor. :rolleyes: What will the Mercury counterpart be? The Mercury Gilette?

The Ford Edge will be the sister vehicle to the Lincoln Aviator. There is leaked pic floating around of the Edge...personally, I think it looks great. These spy pics make it look chunky, but the leaked pic looks very upscale and sleek, especially in black. There will be no Mercury counterpart...Mercury gets the Freestyle-based Meta One. Edited by mustang84

The actual pic of the Edge is easy to find. It is on TCC, just search Google for Ford Edge and follow the TCC link.

The Ford Edge?  Sounds like a razor.  :rolleyes:

What will the Mercury counterpart be?  The Mercury Gilette?

[post="17013"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What about RazorEdge? ^_^

So is Ford already planning on dropping the Freestyle name? Or is Ford going to keep the Escape, Edge, Freestyle, and Fairlane all at the same time? More often than not it seems, Ford just makes no sense.

Fairlane was the concept. The production version is supposed to keep the Freestyle name.

The Freestyle name could also go on a stretched 7 passenger version of the Edge, while the Fairlane name could go on the large D3 based crossover. This is just speculation.

I think of this had come out instead, it would have done well, with the 3.5 of course, I don't think that it would have really taken away from the sales of the 05 sport trac, ranger, or F-150, but rather attract new people who want a more functional car based ute/truck, plus the rising price of gas and what not. If Mercury got this, and with the right promotion, I see it being a hit. Opinion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the Edge, I finally saw the picture today, the one that Satty was talking about on TCC, .... the side of it could use a little more attention, think BMW X5, but apart from that, look's really clean. I think it will do okay.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0