Sign in to follow this  
hyperv6

2009-12 Mustang

Here is what Road and Track is showing as the Mustangs future.

The picture id accurate shows where too much retro fails. It almost looks like they are trying to add some of Camaro design on to Mustang.

If this is Ford future it is not looking very good for their diehard fans. This was from a Mustang web site and most were not very amused by the future.

They had better get it right with the Camaro and Challanger coming. If they fail it will be a Mustang II all over again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 2009 looks like a photoshopped Shelby GT500, and the 2012 model looks like its a chop of the Camaro. The 2009 might be accurate, but I doubt Ford has even locked down the styling of the 2012.

For reasons I cannot explain, the 2009 chop looks like a sad puppy to me. The 2012 chop looks like a mix of the Camaro concept and the VX Lightning concept.

well the 09 is definitely a chop... look at how sloppy the left side of the grill is... as far as design wise... i wouldnt say its the worst thing ford has ever done... *cough*mustangII*cough* but its pretty bad... i dont like the scoops at all... they make the car look 50 feet wide... and the oddly angled headlamps... i can see how they thought they would look aggressive... but it backfired real hard... i entirely agree with decka it looks like a sad puppy

the 2012... i dunno... its a little out there and a bit too camaro-y... but with a few tweaks... i might actually like it... theres alot about it i like already... that face with a few minor changes could be an extremely aggressive front end...

i will say that it looks like BV drew it tho... the lower grill is bigger than the upper one... :P

Funny thing: I'm slowly warming up to the current Mustang. Still prefer the GTO but the face doesn't look as bad to me as it did at first.

But those chops...ick. The 2009 looks more depressed than I thought the current one did and the 2012 is just plain ugly, IMO.

the cover (2012) looks just like the camaro concept, w/ a "mustang face"

the 2009 does look like it's cowering in fear, or something like that... and the hood scoops look like a squished old mitsu grill (badge removed)

I doubt that's what the 2009 will look like....it's a poorly done photoshop, and Ford has better judgement than to make something ugly like that, especially with the Mustang. 2012 wouldn't be so bad, but I don't like the triangular lights.

I think the Navi looks just fine... a good call. I saw it on the Lincoln ad that BON had up, it looks fine. IMO, That 2012 would fit better as a Merc then a Ford. And it would work better as a 2008 then a 2012...

I like the Navi too...it's grown on me. It looks better in real-life pics than the set-up press release ones. The only part that hurts it is the huge chrome piece at the top of the grille, but I think you can order it without it.

Guest YellowJacket894

The 2009 Mustang rendering is puh-thed-dic. It looks sad, fat, and bloated. Why doesn't the damned thing just go ahead and commit suicide by running into a Mack truck? (A brick wall would work, too, Mustang. Take note of that.)

And knowing the crack-whore stylists working at Ford right now, that's just how they'll make the Mustang MCE look.

As for the 2012 rendering, I highly doubt that it portrays that model in any way. The design is nice, but it's just not a Mustang. Actually, it's better suited for a Cougar in a way.

The Camaro will eat that silver blob should it ever see the light of day.

As for the '09? Eh...I like the current one better.

Lets see... 2012?...

Chances are it'll be:

"The 2012 Ford Mustang!: Brought to you by Great Wall Motor Company!"

:P

Notice the complete redesign is a pillarless hardtop. :D

How many "future cars" from the Car Rags ever looked like the 'artist renderings'??

I ignore anything like this, sicne it is too far away, and any kid can draw their own pics and send to a magazine 'swearing it is true'.

The 09 is about the worst chop that I have ever seen.

I like how their take on the 2012 has the same intake on the front of the hood as the Camaro concept.

I hated the concept Mustang that they had just before the 05's came out, so I guess I will just have to wait and see for this revision.

My hope is that Ford doesn't screw up the 'stang with the next gen. I like the current model, and I want to see a proper muscle car war when the Camaro and the Challenger hit the streets...don't mess this up Ford.

// c0ld_phuz10n

i will say that it looks like BV drew it tho... the lower grill is bigger than the upper one... :P

195971[/snapback]

The 2012 does look like a BV drawing. That's not a bad thing.

195988[/snapback]

I seem loved... but then again... looking at that 2012 Mustang... I think I should be offended. Actually, it doesnt look half bad. Somewhat Camaro like... Somewhat cartoonish. Then again... Eh... I'm offended. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook