A Good Idea. . .?

Guest YellowJacket894

Hey BV, have you looked at a new Lucerne? Or, perhaps, a shoe?

199485[/snapback]

Atleast my car isnt in boxes. :D

Thats way too much, its 9 years old and has 124,000 miles. That car on a trade in probably brought $800. Its a 2500 car tops and thats alot of money to spend on something that would probably only be drivin another 40-60,000 miles.

I cant believe how much used dealers have up'd the price of used cars the past 5 years.

199650[/snapback]

Weird. My Millenia is 12 years old with 168k miles. It's worth about $2500, and thats not retail either.

Anywho... That black on black Infiniti Q45 I linked to is calling my name. Its almost hypnotic. :P

Damn you, YJ

"Cooooorry... this is the little dumbass sitting on your left shoulder, whispering in your ear... buyyyy thissss Daaaatsun... it won't cost a penny to maintain.... go ahead, buyyyy iiiiiit...." :AH-HA_wink:

Guest YellowJacket894

[Devil's Advocate]Buy the Infiniti, BV. Buy it. A Millenia can't even take on a shoe. The Q45 can. Buy it, BV. Buy it . . .[/Devil's Advocate]

Well, start running at a speed of 60mph and see how fast you can stop. :P

200235[/snapback]

well a shoe is alot smaller than the Q... in fact average american foot size (10.4") is just about 5.25% of the entire length of a 97-2001 Q (199.2")...

so in theory if we scale the speed down... then a shoe travelling at 3.13 mph which is just about normal walking speed would in scale... be the same as a 199.2" Q45 traveling at 60 mph...

so when you think about it... not only does a shoe have greater stopping power... but im sure that a shoe has a much higher top speed to scale... for example... lets say the average human can run about 17 mph... to scale... that shoe would be moving... nearly 324 miles per hour

so in fact... a shoe trumps any car on the market in performance AND stopping power... :P

*disclaimer* im really bored... if you couldnt tell

17MPH isn't very fast. A four minute mile means you would be running at a rate of 15mph, so 2mph more isn't that much faster. I'm pretty sure I can run that fast if not faster.

Michael Johnson ran 25mph.

200727[/snapback]

thanks northie... i figured 17mph wasnt all that fast...

oh and z28... i got yur back... its a C3... be it in boxes or not... its 500,000 times better than BVs cross-eyed millenia...

Guest YellowJacket894

:hijacked:

I've been lied to.

No kidding. The 1999 Aurora I looked at is still setting at that used car lot. I still want it, but I don't trust the dealer. If they're going to lie to me about selling it, what else could they lie about . . . ?

Needless to say, I'm also pretty pissed that they did that to me. It was f@#king pointless.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Keep your emotions in check, YJ. It's not like these people are close friends or relatives. They're car salesmen looking out for themselves, not you. So it's your duty to look out for yourself, and milk them or all they're worth. Use the incident to your advantage - explain to them how pissed you are, then give a low-ball offer. Also, it could be that it was sold, but the buyer backed out. Either way, it's Advantage: YJ.

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah, Mr. Jacket, they did not necessarily lie to you. It is very possible someone backed out of a purchase agreement.

I don't know. The guy who told me that didn't really have much . . . conviction when he said it.

F-bodys are a lot of car for the money these days -  if you choose wisely.

You know, I haven't looked for a decent F-Body recently. I tried a few weeks ago, but couldn't find much that was local. I'll try it again and see what I can get.