Chrysler Dealers Still Loaded with 2006s

Variance

I know this is off-topic, but how's the reliability been with the LX's?

Too bad Chrysler is stuck in a rut again...this is how it all started in 2000 when Jim Holden & Co. were forced to make 'numbers' with the previous-gen minivans...they gotta get Wolfgang back.

They need another out-of-the-ballpark hit to soften this financial blow. I don't see it coming anytime soon...don't get me wrong, some products are very promising...but not PT-Cruiser, not 300C.

This just seems all-to-similar to the first big crisis. Inventory, lack of solid product...and one big hit product without a sequel (PT & ?, 300C & Sebring?!?). But that's just the wheel of Chrysler's business...and hopefully it keeps on turning!

Mazda....Mazda.....hmmm oh Mazda, Yeah,  I think I have heard of this car line before. They sold those bland ass 626's and Protege's in the 90's right? Are they still selling cars??? No $h!. I guess you DO learn something new everyday...

199927[/snapback]

Which were all more reliable, better looking, more upscale than anything Chevy offered. The fact that my 95 Millenia has a nicer interior than the new Lucerne is just laughable. Hell, the fact that the cheaper Lacrosse has a nicer interior the new Lucerne is even more laughable. Not saying its a bad car, but for something that's supposed to go up against Avalons, Passats, and Lexus ESs... you'd think they would put a better interior in it. One better than a 12 year old Mazda. :P

Which were all more reliable, better looking, more upscale than anything Chevy offered. 

Funny, I have yet to see a 90's model 323 that has tricked out paint jobs, big rims, dual exhauts and banging sound systems . But those unreliable early 90's Caprice, Olds 98's(sedan) and 88's(sedan), Park Ave's and Lesabre's rule the damn road and most of the youth around here drive them.

The fact that my 95 Millenia has a nicer interior than the new Lucerne is just laughable.

I guess we will take the word of esteemed Millenia owners like yourself on this one. All 7 of you.

Hell, the fact that the cheaper Lacrosse has a nicer interior the new Lucerne is even more laughable.

I don't think even the Lacrosse owners among us would agree with you on this one.

Not saying its a bad car, but for something that's supposed to go up against Avalons, Passats, and Lexus ESs... you'd think they would put a better interior in it.

Considering the Avalon is an established name and is losing sales to the Lucerne at a rate of at least 2 to 1, have you considered the fact that some Avalon intenders have wound up to be new Lucerne owners? I guess people enjoy spending $30k on a car with an interior thats inferior to those 'mazda' things you speak of.

Long live the Premium American Motorcar! :ohyeah:

Heh. By 'sportwagon' I mean it certainly is designed with vestiges of the traditional station wagon bodystyle, but lacks the traditional wagon utility, like a roof rack that's optional, less cargo space than a regular wagon, and no third-row jumpseat.

Of course, people don't care about normal wagons anymore. They'd much rather pay more for less economy, less utility, and goofy styling in a crossover and think they make so much sense.

200021[/snapback]

Well Fly, we all know you don't like the LX cars, but you forget that in addition to all o the negative comments you've given the Magnum, it also has more cargo utility/versatility than any sedan, including the Charger/300C. It also has good engine choices (except the 2.7), functional interior, unique liftgate, aggressive/polarizing style(which can be good just as much as it can be bad), and good handling.

O course I know we can argue to the death and you'll still hate them, but oh well.

I know this is off-topic, but how's the reliability been with the LX's?

Too bad Chrysler is stuck in a rut again...this is how it all started in 2000 when Jim Holden & Co. were forced to make 'numbers' with the previous-gen minivans...they gotta get Wolfgang back.

They need another out-of-the-ballpark hit to soften this financial blow.  I don't see it coming anytime soon...don't get me wrong, some products are very promising...but not PT-Cruiser, not 300C.

This just seems all-to-similar to the first big crisis.  Inventory, lack of solid product...and one big hit product without a sequel (PT & ?, 300C & Sebring?!?).  But that's just the wheel of Chrysler's business...and hopefully it keeps on turning!

200268[/snapback]

Unfortuneately i doubt any of the upcoming vehicles will be all-out hits, (just as I believe the Malibu will not be a home run, just a good seller). I do however that while no one vehicle will genereate massive sales that offset the current sales loss, the combination of new products that I believe will sell well and a lot better than their predecessors, will get Chrysler out of the rut...in theory anyway :P

Funny, I have yet to see a 90's model 323 that has tricked out paint jobs, big rims, dual exhauts and banging sound systems . But those unreliable early 90's Caprice, Olds 98's(sedan) and 88's(sedan), Park Ave's and Lesabre's rule the damn road and most of the youth around here drive them.

I said Chevies. And what I said still stands true.

I guess we will take the word of esteemed Millenia owners like yourself on this one. All 7 of you.

Ha. Funny. :rolleyes:

See for yourself then. Being an owner and having sat in a Lucerne, I certainly have more of word than you do on this subject. Soft touch plastics compared to hard plastics. Velvet finish black plastic compared to cheap black plastic. Real wood compared to fake wood. Soft woven headliner material compared to rough woven headliner material. And I could go on and on.

I don't think even the Lacrosse owners among us would agree with you on this one.

Considering it's been well noted than those who have sat in both have said of the Lacrosse having softer, higher quality plastics. I know I have. Have you even sat in either? Doesn't sound like it.

Considering the Avalon is an established name and is losing sales to the Lucerne at a rate of at least 2 to 1, have you considered the fact that some Avalon intenders have wound up to be new Lucerne owners? I guess people enjoy spending $30k on a car with an interior thats inferior to those 'mazda' things  you speak of.

I didn't mention sales, did I? Or mention just the Avalon. The Lucerne has a cheap interior for its class.

Denial is a bitch.

I don't hate the LX cars as much as I think they've become overrated. The 300 lacks cohesiveness in design, the Magnum is rather plain in many angles and colors; the Charger is the winner of the trio, and it gets made fun of the most. I don't get that. I also don't get Chrysler's stupid 300 pricing structure, the presence of the hillarious 2.7l in any of these cars, and the cheapening out on things like hood prop rods and awful wheel covers on a Chrysler, their so-called 'premium' brand.

I don't hate the LX cars as much as I think they've become overrated. The 300 lacks cohesiveness in design, the Magnum is rather plain in many angles and colors; the Charger is the winner of the trio, and it gets made fun of the most. I don't get that. I also don't get Chrysler's stupid 300 pricing structure, the presence of the hillarious 2.7l in any of these cars, and the cheapening out on things like hood prop rods and awful wheel covers on a Chrysler, their so-called 'premium' brand.

200319[/snapback]

:withstupid:

200319[/snapback]

I'll give you the pricing structure and stupid 2.7 in the 300...personally i think none of them should have that engine...

I can't agree about the styling (though it's sujective).

I can't agree about the styling (though it's sujective).

200323[/snapback]

Certainly. I just think the 300 lives off that grille and that's it. There is no brashness or attitude to follow it up in the back, just taillamps and a big butt of a bumper. Plus, the fender flares are just too much, IMO.

Again, everything I hate about the 300 I love about the Charger - the smaller, more reasonable grille, the aggressively canted headlamps (something I loved on classic Buicks), the overall more matching design front and rear, and really unbeatable value. $2,000 less buys you more on the Charger versus the 300. Also, they aren't as common, nor are they as frequently blinged out in asanine ways, though that isn't Chrysler's fault.

I feel this 300 is more about getting a name out there than anything and definetly more about the HEMI!!!11 than the car itself. I hope the next 300 looks graceful and luxurious inside and out in the manner a Chrysler should.

Yeah, they were front-wheel drive and V6-powered, but for their time, you couldn't beat the '93 Chrysler LH-cars for grace and style.

Certainly. I just think the 300 lives off that grille and that's it. There is no brashness or attitude to follow it up in the back, just taillamps and a big butt of a bumper. Plus, the fender flares are just too much, IMO.

Again, everything I hate about the 300 I love about the Charger - the smaller, more reasonable grille, the aggressively canted headlamps (something I loved on classic Buicks), the overall more matching design front and rear, and really unbeatable value. $2,000 less buys you more on the Charger versus the 300. Also, they aren't as common, nor are they as frequently blinged out in asanine ways, though that isn't Chrysler's fault.

I feel this 300 is more about getting a name out there than anything and definetly more about the HEMI!!!11 than the car itself. I hope the next 300 looks graceful and luxurious inside and out in the manner a Chrysler should.

Yeah, they were front-wheel drive and V6-powered, but for their time, you couldn't beat the '93 Chrysler LH-cars for grace and style.

200325[/snapback]

I guess I just never caught a post of you complimenting the Charger :P I personally like it the best...with a nod to the 300's interior design/colors. I think it's certainly a better buy...3.5 and a 5-speed VS 2.7 and a 4-speed. I still think the 300 is a good design...mafia looks and all...especially in black.

Funny, I never mentioned the LX interiors in comparison to any other vehicle, just generally unimpressive on their own merit.  You however compare them right to the Lucerne, which has been gaining momentum like a frieght train month-after-month with little or no incentives.

Considering this thread is about the saturation of DCX dealers with LX cars and noting that Lucerne is kicking ass in the entry-luxury segment(you know, the one which includes the all-new 06' Avalon and 07' Es350?) I hardly see where you make a valid point.

199927[/snapback]

My point is that perception is different from fact. LX cars have nicer materials if a worse overall design... inside or out. I do like the Lucerne, but its interior should be made up of things more like the DTS's (or a 300C).

I said Chevies. And what I said still stands true.

Ha. Funny.

Fact: A Caprice IS a Chevy. And MY point still stands.

See for yourself then. Being an owner and having sat in a Lucerne, I certainly have more of word than you do on this subject. Soft touch plastics compared to hard plastics. Velvet finish black plastic compared to cheap black plastic. Real wood compared to fake wood. Soft woven headliner material compared to rough woven headliner material. And I could go on and on.

Considering it's been well noted than those who have sat in both have said of the Lacrosse having softer, higher quality plastics. I know I have. Have you even sat in either? Doesn't sound like it.

I didn't mention sales, did I? Or mention just the Avalon. The Lucerne has a cheap interior for its class.

You might be interested to know that my Dad owns a Lucerne, CXL V6 and I have had quite a bit of time to spend in it. You might also look on a website called CheersandGears.com in the buick forum and find a review I did on the Lacrosse when I did a test drive. So, unlike yourself I comment on things to which I have first hand knowledge of. I don't spout off senseless, unsubstantiated babble like a mazda owner or something

Speaking of the 'zoom, zoom' bunch, no one gave two $h!s about a Mazda in 95 nor do they now. If YOU do YOUR homework, you will learn that the Milenia you covet was actually going to be apart of a Luxury marque for Mazda, like the other Asian marques did in the 90's with the creation of Lexus, Infiniti and Acura. But when Mazda took a step back and realized not many people were buying their mainstream cars, they ditched the whole damn idea and gave the Milenia, which they'd already spent money developing, to Mazda as a flagship model.

Mazda owners are no different from Hyundai owners in my book. They might not want an American car and can't afford a Honda or Toyota so they settle on what their money can buy. Quit trying to pass off the idea to the rest of us that you actually set out to buy a 'Milenia' the day you purchased your car. I'll bet you walked on the used car lot and ol' Joe the Sales guy made you an offer you couldn't refuse right? Sure he did. And now you feel the need to tout your car as best thing that never came out of Detroit. But the jokes on you cause its the best thing that never came out of Japan, lol. I'm done on this subject and you are invited to have the last word. I hope you make a point this time. BTW did you get the clue I mailed you, I sent it priority mail.........

LONG LIVE THE PREMIUM AMERICAN MOTORCAR!!!!!!!!!! :pbjtime:

Edited by Regalguy01

:puke:  Has anyone really driven let alone looked at the Dodge Caliber?

My sister inlaw liked the look and I took her to check it out and test drive the auto.  The inside quality was really bad, there was a whine with the vehicle loaded with 4 adults and the CVT sounded like it would die.

Not to mention that someone had been in the vehicle with greasy shoes and dirty hands as there were hand prints on the ceiling.

Dealer said they would clean it up, but BS if you do not have pride in the auto's you sell how can you let a vehicle look so bad when you try to sell it.  I do not see the quality in the Caliber that was in the Neon.  Dealers seem to be willing to just sell and not care.  Sad for Chrysler.  :(

198801[/snapback]

Someone just hit my wife's Lexus last week and has been in the body shop for about 2 weeks. The other insurance company only allocated $25.00 per day for a rental. We wanted the Caliber that was at Enterprise but someone broke one of the mirrors so they would not let it out. We chose a Cobalt and I will make a report on our 3 weeks with the Cobalt when we get our Lexus back. We really wanted to test the Caliber.

And the only Chevy you mentioned.

You might be interested to know that my Dad owns a Lucerne, CXL V6 and I have had quite a bit of time to spend in it. You might also look on a website called CheersandGears.com in the buick forum and find a review I did on the Lacrosse when I did a test drive.  So, unlike yourself I comment on things to which I have first hand knowledge of. I don't spout off senseless, unsubstantiated babble like a mazda owner or something

Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Senseless unsubstantiated babble. Like a Mazda owner. Oh that's hilarious. How long have you been a member here? You newcomers are all alike. You make accusations of such of members you know nothing about. Mazda owner I may be, but I am still by far a GM fan, hence why I'm here in the first place. However, I'm an open minded, unbiased GM fan who doesnt give GM a free ride and isn't blidly loyal like so many people who find their way here. Keep that in mind next. :lol:

As far as the interiors, I have first hand knowlege too. Here's a hint. Go touch the dash of the Lucerne below the wood and then do the same for the Lacrosse. Want to bet which has highly quality plastics?

Speaking of the 'zoom, zoom' bunch, no one gave two $h!s about a Mazda in 95 nor do they now. If YOU do YOUR homework, you will learn that the Milenia you covet was actually going to be apart of a Luxury marque for Mazda, like the other Asian marques did in the 90's with the creation of Lexus, Infiniti and Acura. But when Mazda took a step back and realized not many people were buying their mainstream cars, they ditched the whole damn idea and gave the Milenia, which they'd already spent money developing, to Mazda as a flagship model.

First, see what I said above. Second, learn a thing or two about a car before you spout off crap like that. I know what the Millenia was originally intended to be. It was to be the Amati 800, while being the Eunos 800 and Mazda Xedos 9 in non US markets. Only the Amati name didnt go through and it was for the US, so it was remaned Millenia and was fit into Mazda's lineup. Second, they did not abandon because their mainstream cars weren't selling. It was all because they figured othering a another luxury brand in a now crowded luxury segment wasn't worth the extra money that would need to be spent for the Amati brand. Simple as that. Where do you get your info? Wikipedia?

Mazda owners are no different from Hyundai owners in my book. They might not want an American car and can't afford a Honda or Toyota so they settle on what their money can buy. Quit trying to pass off the idea to the rest of us that you actually set out to buy a 'Milenia' the day you purchased your car. I'll bet you walked on the used car lot and ol' Joe the Sales guy made you an offer you couldn't refuse right? Sure he did. And now you feel the need to tout your car as best thing that never came out of Detroit. But the jokes on you cause its the best thing that never came out of Japan, lol.  I'm done on this subject and you are invited to have the last word. I hope you make a point this time. BTW did you get the clue I mailed you, I sent it priority mail.........

Again, see above, genius. You obviously don't know me, what I like, or my intentions. I have no problem owning an American car and I could afford a Honda or Toyota. I chose the Millenia because it was a good, reliable car that I found at a respectable price. Owning a Millenia only fueled my knowledge of it and just how great of a car it is. Im not touting it as the best thing to not come out of Detriot like an MT editor would, I'm just touting it as an overall great car that can still compare to cars that recently came it. It's certainly not perfect, but I never said it was.

Hope you learn something and never make the same mistake in the future. Thank you.

Now, let this be the last off topic post. Damn newbies.

Im the one that just had insults thrown at me. Im just returning the favor. Demanding the respect I wasnt given. As you know, I dont put up with BS, from anyone, any time.

200534[/snapback]

Two wrongs don't make a right. Keep that in mind.

Im the one that just had insults thrown at me. Im just returning the favor. Demanding the respect I wasnt given. As you know, I dont put up with BS, from anyone, any time.

While I stand by any and all statements made by me, I do not wish to be disrespectful to anyone. I absolutely love this website and I do plan to continue reading and posting in the future. I was making a joke of your Milenia purchase for I truly have no clue what your financial situation is. If anyone was disrespected by the comments I made then I do wholeheartedly apoligize.

Black, though we do differ on this topic, I respect your position though I think it is unfounded. I just didn't appreciate how my original statement, which listed my subjective analysis of DCX vehicles, was responded to with the backhanded comments concerning the Lucerne. Though you raised some points that I would love to counter, I will hold true to my last post and let your last word stand. I hope others will follow suit and get back to the topic at hand, the boatload of 06' DCX vehicles on dealer lots which surely will be whored-out by way of rebates/discounts and fleet sales soon..........

And Fly, quit calling me a God-damned newbie lol. I may be a less than six-month member here, but I was born, raised and probably conceived in Gm vehicles. My wife whined and moaned long-enough to get me to agree to the purchase of her Lexus, but other than that I have never had a non-GM vehicle grace my garage.

GO GENERAL MOTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be interested to know that my Dad owns a Lucerne, CXL V6 and I have had quite a bit of time to spend in it. You might also look on a website called CheersandGears.com in the buick forum and find a review I did on the Lacrosse when I did a test drive.  So, unlike yourself I comment on things to which I have first hand knowledge of. I don't spout off senseless, unsubstantiated babble like a mazda owner or something

Mazda owners are no different from Hyundai owners in my book. They might not want an American car and can't afford a Honda or Toyota so they settle on what their money can buy. Quit trying to pass off the idea to the rest of us that you actually set out to buy a 'Milenia' the day you purchased your car. I'll bet you walked on the used car lot and ol' Joe the Sales guy made you an offer you couldn't refuse right? Sure he did. And now you feel the need to tout your car as best thing that never came out of Detroit. But the jokes on you cause its the best thing that never came out of Japan, lol.  I'm done on this subject and you are invited to have the last word. I hope you make a point this time. BTW did you get the clue I mailed you, I sent it priority mail.........

LONG LIVE THE PREMIUM AMERICAN MOTORCAR!!!!!!!!!!  :pbjtime:

200451[/snapback]

Since you are bitching about Mazdas, I had a 2003 Mazda6 V6/5-speed as a company car for 51K miles....and it was one of the best cars I've ever had. And I drove it like I stole it all the time.

And....gee....even my Mazda6 had a nicer-finished interior than even a Lucerne....but I digress....my point is not to bag on the Lucerne's interior in this post...

Just that Mazda builds a fine automobile and it's certainly getting respect in the marketplace even if the sales volumes aren't to Honda and Toyota levels.

Mazda6.....Mazda3....Mazdaspeed6 and Mazdaspeed3....CX-7 (beautiful!)....CX-9 (big AND beautiful).....Mazda5 (innovative)

And Fly, quit calling me a God-damned newbie lol. I may be a less than six-month member here, but I was born, raised and probably conceived in Gm vehicles. My wife whined and moaned long-enough to get me to agree to the purchase of her Lexus, but other than that I have never had a non-GM vehicle grace my garage.

200570[/snapback]

Haha! :thumbsup: Ahh, you know what I mean. You certainly aren't a GM newbie ;)

While I stand by any and all statements made by me, I do not wish to be disrespectful to anyone. I absolutely love this website and I do plan to continue reading and posting in the future. I was making a joke of your Milenia purchase for I truly have no clue what your financial situation is. If anyone was disrespected by the comments I made then I do wholeheartedly apoligize.

Black, though we do differ on this topic, I respect your position though I think it is unfounded.  I just didn't appreciate how my original statement, which listed my subjective analysis of DCX vehicles, was responded to with the backhanded comments concerning the Lucerne. Though you raised some points that I would love to counter, I will hold true to my last post and let your last word stand. I hope others will follow suit and get back to the topic at hand, the boatload of 06' DCX vehicles on dealer lots which surely will be whored-out by way of rebates/discounts and fleet sales soon..........

And Fly, quit calling me a God-damned newbie lol. I may be a less than six-month member here, but I was born, raised and probably conceived in Gm vehicles. My wife whined and moaned long-enough to get me to agree to the purchase of her Lexus, but other than that I have nev a non-GM vehicle grace my garage.

200570[/snapback]

Well, I certainly did not appreciate you treating me like an import humping troll, of which I am not. As well as your inability to take another's opinion on those two interiors of which we both have experience in, just differeing opinions. Not to mention the attitude you had towards and I never even responded to a post of yours. Those "backhanded comments" werent even directed at you or your post for one. That was MyerShift's post, thank you.

While I certainly enjoy a good arguement, I felt a serious lack of respect towards me, so I gave none back. Its nice to see you responded with good demeaner, though. Some people here wouldnt know the meaning of that if it hit them in the face. So yeah, as long as you dont push my buttons, I wont push yours. :P

You sound like another arguing child.

200624[/snapback]

This, coming from the guy with the very contradictive sig. I think I'll have laugh. :lol:

As for DCX vehicles... I went dealer hopping again tonight and got to check out the interiors of the Compass and Caliber. I swear each time I sit in either, the interior gets cheaper and cheaper. Plastics so hard and think that atleast they wont break easily. Jeesh.

We still have a bunch on our lot. Altho we did just move an 06 Wrangler just a second ago. But it looks like more people here are interested in the new 07 models that are comming out. Compass and Caliber are doing well. We had a few Aspens, but havnt got anymore. Just got a new Nitro in and a few 4 door Wranglers which I like, except the hallow sounding doors and cheep ass door handles.