2006 CTS Sport Pics

mjdart

Well I can't help showing off my new CTS. I'm a new member as well to this forum. I handed down my IS300 to my son and bought this CTS. After 3500 miles I'm very pleased. CTS Sport 18" Wheel Appearance Package, Luxury Package, Bose Stereo, Sunroof.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks, for the replies and welcomes. Its an auto - with a really great manual shifting capability that I find myself using quite frequently. The car has very good performance and I find it better than the Lexus on fuel economy!

How bout another pic or two.........I tracked her down searching dealer inventories and this is how I first saw her.

Posted Image

Nice looking rear

Posted Image

Edited by mjdart

I need to take some interior shots here's a couple I do have. Kinda fuzzy. the manual shifting automatic I like a lot. Push shifter to right pull back for down shifts and push up for upshifts very quick and responsive and it hold till redline.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mjdart

Damn, only thing cooler than owning that CTS is haivng

the state of Florida give you a license plate that starts

with "V16".... I'd take that as a sign from God and trade

that 2006 in on a 1932 Dual Cowl Phaeton with a twin-8.

Well I can't help showing off my new CTS. I'm a new member as well to this forum. I handed down my IS300 to my son and bought this CTS. After 3500 miles I'm very pleased. CTS Sport 18" Wheel Appearance Package, Luxury Package, Bose Stereo, Sunroof.

197584[/snapback]

Damn, I wish I was your son. I got a crappy Grand Am. :P

Posted Image

197999[/snapback]

Cool pic.

• 4 weeks later...

DAMN I need to "brag" too......I need to get some of my pics up on here.

Congrats on the Sport.....looks good in lighter colors too.....

I got a black one with black interior.....my only difference being a 6-speed MANUAL tranny. I LOVE the wood-topped shifter and it's a true joy to row through the gears with a wonderfully-intuitive clutch and a fingertip-light shifter.

Everyone thinks my Sport is a v-Series.....I just have to be selective on my stoplight drag races.....LOL.....although recent victims include a previous-generation 528i and a new IS250.

Truth being told (and many on here won't EVER believe I said this) the CTS 6-speed is an easier car to drive smoothly than even my manual 330Ci convertible BMW I used to have. It has a lighter, more positive shifter and a smoother clutch.

That being said.....what kills it versus the BMW is the way the engine "hangs on" to revs when you run it up and dip the clutch in to shift. I've been told this is an "emissions" thing. In the BMW, hard runs through the gears WERE smoother because when you dipped the clutch, the revs dropped right down in an INSTANT.

So....around town, the CTS is one smooth operator for a "luxury" stick-shift car. But pound it hard like you are road-racing, and the BMW shows it's true heritage.....