2007 Galant Ralliart

regfootball

From mits...website. a well equipped car for around 27-28k. I think it will be a good performer. I wish that this had been out the same time last year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Galant Ralliart

There are boatloads of boring sedans out there. Galant Ralliart is for those who understand that being a responsible adult doesn't have to mean giving up anything. First, you get 258 factory-performance tuned horses underfoot. Put the spurs to them and 60 miles an hour is only 6.5 seconds away

ENGINE: 3.8-liter, 258-horsepower MIVEC V6

TRANSMISSION: five-speed Sportronic® transmission with adaptive shift control and clutchless manual shift mode

INTERIOR: air conditioning with automatic climate control, power windows/locks/mirrors, speed-sensitive power steering, cruise control, 360-watt Rockford Acoustic DesignTM 6-CD/MP3-compatible audio system with eight speakers, SIRIUS satellite radio with six months of prepaid service, color LCD audio/trip/outside temperature display, trip computer, white-face sport meters with ice-blue illumination, eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support, sport-wrapped leather steering wheel with audio controls, leather seating surfaces, baseball-stitched leather shift knob aluminum pedals, and heated front seats

EXTERIOR: limited-edition (seven-spoke, 18-inch) sword-silver finish alloy wheels, integrated rear spoiler with LED, color-keyed side air dam, two-tone front and rear aero bumpers, traction control, Ralliart-tuned suspension, front strut tower bar, color-keyed rear spoiler and exterior accents, daytime running lights, power glass sunroof, halogen headlamps with auto shutoff and large chrome exhaust tip

SAFETY: anti-lock brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), tire pressure monitoring system, LATCH system for child-safety seats, advanced dual-stage front SRS airbags†, front and rear curtain airbags†

I would turn down the Accord for...anything. If you're not bored with that car by now...

197759[/snapback]

Funny, I was pricing one a few minutes ago. For someone who just wants a good car, the SE V6 model is a steal at $21,739, according to CarsDirect. That's $4K less than a Camry V6.

It's nice but not compelling enough. Why turn down the Aura, Altima, Passat, or Accord for this?

AFAIK, no navigation, no curtain airbags, no stability control.

197757[/snapback]

nav is optional, air curtains are std. in case youre keeping score its a 5 star car front and side and is among the highest rated sedans.

I am not all that hip on the Aura. Its a good car but its just a well dressed up G6 and is deficient in interior room compared to this car. I do give Aura props for finally having a decent powertrain. For me Ralliart version looks better than the melted German aura look. The altima for 07 is probably a bit more enticing than this car overall, but lacks the better warranty and will be more expensive with v6. Ever price an Altima v6 once its loaded up? It gets pricey. That's why the base maxima exists. The Accord is vanilla and is smaller inside. If i wanted to drive a pansy accord then i would say to myself, I want to be a pansy. I'd be in casting for fast and furious 4, the adventures of VTEC. You won't get a v6 Passat with all this stuff for close to this price and its again smaller. I don't like the new Passat's interior design, although its execution is better. If i get a 27k list car I don't want a 200hp turbo with only 2 litres. Plus, quite honestly, the whole german styling thing is getitng old.

I guess maybe the right accord EX v6 would work but i would die of boredom, but last i checked there was no accord in red like this. I mean, even if the honda is a decent car, its not like i'm a follower like all the other lemmings that drive an accord, just because its an accord or a honda.

Edited by regfootball

I would turn down the Accord for...anything. If you're not bored with that car by now...

197759[/snapback]

I've never been a fan of the Accord but the current one with the updated rear end looks pretty nice/luxurious for a normal midsize car, especially with the large wheels.

If i wanted to drive a pansy accord then i would say to myself, I want to be a pansy.  I'd be in casting for fast and furious 4, the adventures of VTEC. 

I guess maybe the right accord EX v6 would work but i would die of boredom, but last i checked there was no accord in red like this.  I mean, even if the honda is a decent car, its not like i'm a follower like all the other lemmings that drive an accord, just because its an accord or a honda.

The Accord is an old design, but still classy. It isn't trying to look boy-racer like this car. I don't recall seeing any Accords on the fast and furious.

And last time I checked there isn't an Si version of the Accord either, yet the base V6 still matches this car with less displacement. Does the Galant offer a manual version? Car and Driver did 0-60 in 5.9s with an Accord 6sp Manual EX Sedan.

The Accord is vanilla and is smaller inside.

Their interior measurements and volume are virtually the same, and the Accord has more cargo volume.

I've never been a fan of the Accord but the current one with the updated rear end looks pretty nice/luxurious for a normal midsize car, especially with the large wheels.

197825[/snapback]

:withstupid: Although, I like the original rear on the coupe rather than the updated one.

I'd rather have a Malibu SS or an Accord.  I'm still not convinced that Mitsubishi will be around by the time the warranty on the 17 cars they sold last year is up.  Plus, I'm still not convinced that they can build a car superior or a Hyundai.

197849[/snapback]

:withstupid:

This Galant is still just a Galant. It's not particularly attractive... in any way possible. Looks, power, features, size, etc, etc... This is a good examply of "old" Mitsubishi, the one that's dying for being lackluster. The new Outlander and upcoming Lancer is the "new" Mitsubishi, the one that's trying to survive by realizing it actually has to produce excellent cars for once.

Funny, I was pricing one a few minutes ago. For someone who just wants a good car, the SE V6 model is a steal at $21,739, according to CarsDirect. That's $4K less than a Camry V6.

197762[/snapback]

For that price, I'd get a certified '05 LaCrosse CXS with 5,000 miles on the clock.

Ugh the LaCrosse is pitiful looking to me. It's reminds me of a fish with 4 eyes. I'd honestly prefer the looks of the Regal/Century to the LaCrosse, at least the car's predcessors had some dignity(on the outside). Top sedan picks for me from GM would be a G6, Impala or an Aura. The LaCrosse needs to be shot multiple times so then I wouldn't have to see that ugly front end and completely bland rear. Oh yeah, this is a Galant thread isn't it...

Galant is pretty much an attempt at bold styling, but turns out to just blend in and look completely weird. No real reason to choose this over its Japanese or American competitors. I'm more of a fan of the last gen Accord sedan's styling, but the updated rear for the new Accord is a lot better than the 03-05(ugly!). The LED lights are a nice touch imo. The front end still bothers me though, its not ugly per se but, there's just something about it that doesn't make me go WOW, that looks nice.

The Accord is an old design, but still classy. It isn't trying to look boy-racer like this car. I don't recall seeing any Accords on the fast and furious.

And last time I checked there isn't an Si version of the Accord either, yet the base V6 still matches this car with less displacement. Does the Galant offer a manual version? Car and Driver did 0-60 in 5.9s with an Accord 6sp Manual EX Sedan.

Their interior measurements and volume are virtually the same, and the Accord has more cargo volume.

197844[/snapback]

sit in both, the accord lacks width and rear leg room in comparison

Meh, there are a host of similarly-priced sedans that are better. I'd rather have a G6 GTP (3.6), Aura Red Line or XR, Legacy GT, Altima, and others. I wouldn't buy any of those most likely, but you could even get a base G35 for similar money.

197852[/snapback]

a base G35 for 27 grand? I think not. Even the Malibu SS prices out as more than this thing.

Something about it having the Ralliart tag just makes me think "RiceBoy."

Give it the Evo's AWD system, and THEN they'll have a car people want.

198019[/snapback]

an accord and camry, neither have AWD, so why are you roasting it for that?

i suppose if you go by the initial declaration of ralliart you will see its not 'fast and furious'

Ralliart is the motorsports division of Mitsubishi Motors. It is responsible for development and preparation of the company's rally racing and off-road racing vehicles, and is also used as a performance brand with parts available to the public.

Ralliart is involved the World Rally Championship, Dakar Rally, the FIA World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies, FIA International Cup of Cross-Country Baja and the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship.

wiki

Funny how some will call this car unattractive...it's not the best...but yet no mention to confirm how ugly the current Malibu is.

Malibu SS, less horsepower, 4 speed auto, pushrods, less warranty, less room, uglier, higher price. Just saying. at least the SS has a decent suspension and handling.

no Fusion offers this much hp or room or sporting handling. the fusion is a good handler, but its not sporty.

Edited by regfootball

an accord and camry, neither have AWD, so why are you roasting it for that?

i suppose if you go by the initial declaration of ralliart you will see its not 'fast and furious'

wiki

198134[/snapback]

It's just that the Galant isn't what comes up in most peoples' minds when "midsize FWD sedan" is mentioned, providing the lay person knows what FWD is...

They'll liklely think Camry, or Accord. Mitsu needs to get this car into people's heads as a viable competitor.

So I think equipping this car with the Evo's system, or a similar one could add some real excitement to potential buyers. Get people thinking about the Evo, and then mention that the Galant Ralliart with AWD, and Mitsu could see a few more sales.

Why get a dowdy ol' Camry, when you can have a mean AWD machine with plenty of goodies for a cheaper price than the Camry?

Even the Malibu SS prices out as more than this thing.

198129[/snapback]

From mits...website.  a well equipped car for around 27-28k.  I think it will be a good performer. 

197756[/snapback]

I just priced out a Malibu SS, added every option and it took the freaking engine block heater to get the MSRP above $26k. Chances are you can get a couple grand off that if you haggle. How is that pricing out more than the $27-28k you say the Galant comes out as?

And the Mitsu isn't an attractive vehicle in any sense, not that the Malibu is sexy as hell either, just sayin....

Funny how some will call this car unattractive...it's not the best...but yet no mention to confirm how ugly the current Malibu is.

198134[/snapback]

Well, this thread is about the Galant, no?

the shape of the rear taillight outlines are similar to the new Holden cars

198139[/snapback]

It's not the shape, it's the innards on NON base models, smarty pants. Ugh. :P

yeah cuz the front ends of these popular cars are so attractive

Posted Image

Um... the Legacy is light years ahead of the Galant in styling. It's attractive and sexy. The Galant is... pure ugliness. Ugh sums it up pretty well. It's better looking than the Malibu but that's not saying anything at all. Edited by blackviper8891

As an current owner of a '02 Galant GTZ, I can honestly say this Galant is leaps and bounds ahead of my gen in terms of interior space. While I hated the new body style at first, in the GTS and Ralliart versions I have warmed up to it slightly. But just slightly, The only reason for me not to consider it for a future purchase is because it is a Mitusbishi and(like another poster said earlier), I question whether they will be around long enough to support my warranty. I also have had minor annoyances from my Galant such as creaks and rattles(Quality), and very abrupt shifts(auto). Overall I love the styling of mine, but I could have done better when purchasing.

I agree it would be awesome to have AWD, but what car wouldn't be cool with that? If Camry's and Accords came with AWD and Super/turbochargers, you guys would be all over them...even with the current styling.

Well, this thread is about the Galant, no?

It's not the shape, it's the innards on NON base models, smarty pants. Ugh. :P

Um... the Legacy is light years ahead of the Galant in styling. It's attractive and sexy. The Galant is... pure ugliness. Ugh sums it up pretty well. It's better looking than the Malibu but that's not saying anything at all.

198191[/snapback]

sorry buddy, the subie blows chunks. JMO.

_______

ok, here is my appreciative and diplomatic effort to combine my Attention Deficit Disorder-like rants into one compact and convenient post, with what, ten minute limit between posts..?

_______

one might wonder why I would even bring up this car. back when i had my diamante in getting the timing belt done and such, i got an 04 Galant v6 loaner. it had steel wheels so it wasn't tricked out. well, the car was FUN. my big dislike was that it was only a 4 speed auto. the cheap plastic didn't even really bother me.

So i wondered what this car would be like the 5 speed auto and more hp, cuz it was already quick and roomy. My kid's feet wouldn't even touch the back of the front seatback in this car.

________

*short break to collect thoughts*

_________

ok, so its odd that today I get MT in the mail and this car is in a comparo with the Camry SE v6, the Malibu SS, and the 06 Altima SE-R.

it came in third but they said the car is good overall, but just lacks the . It lacks the refinement of the Toyota...(that is a given) and the edge of the SE-R altima. i assume it matches well to the SE altima then. I think the biggest knock you could give this car based on the test was the high curb weight (which IS disturbing but not like a G6 isn't a porker either).

It did come in in front of the SS Malibu which is also not surprising from MT to put a GM car last. That said, they really didn't rip on any of the cars and pretty much said, hey Chevy, put a 6 speed auto and DOHC in it and we'll rate it a LOT better. Why didn't they put the G6 in this test?

For my likes I just would prefer this Galant over the 06 Altima. the 06 Altima just kind of turns me off. The 07 is improved. I just think the Galant is a nice alternative more folks should know about and that is based on my experience with a very similar Galant.

Edited by regfootball

sorry buddy, the subie blows chunks.  JMO.

198624[/snapback]

Might I remind you of your vehicle purchases and vehicles you describe as good looking? You have terrible taste when it comes to vehicles. Sorry bud, but the Galant blows chunks and the Legacy is easily the sexiest midsize sedan you can buy. Combine its styling with its standard AWD, excellent drivetrain, and luxurious interior all for a price that isn't going to break the bank and you have one hell of a midsize sedan that's greatly underrated. This Galant? Please... It doesnt come close.

Just for the record, the Legacy is a very attractive vehicle, but compared to the AWD Fusion, its a fairly expensive ride. The only models with more than 175hp are the GT Limited and GT spec.B, both of which have a base price higher than the price of a loaded Fusion SEL V6 AWD. Not that I'm biased or anything.....

Just for the record, the Legacy is a very attractive vehicle, but compared to the AWD Fusion, its a fairly expensive ride.  The only models with more than 175hp are the GT Limited and GT spec.B, both of which have a base price higher than the price of a loaded Fusion SEL V6 AWD.  Not that I'm biased or anything.....

199138[/snapback]

Stylistically the Fusion is much nicer than the Subie and the Ford actually fits humans, not Asian boys 5'-8" and under only (aside from their equally petite girlfrends). My main knock on the Fusion is that it needs the 3.5 (on its way) and they need to dial up the quick steering and firm handling on one version so that its reminiscent of the original SHO.

I agree it would be awesome to have AWD, but what car wouldn't be cool with that?  If Camry's and Accords came with AWD and Super/turbochargers, you guys would be all over them...even with the current styling.

198436[/snapback]

Honda's AWD v6 car (RL) is 50 grand and 4000 pounds so I guess that proves what Honda would do with an AWD Accord.

Legacy is easily the sexiest midsize sedan you can buy.

199048[/snapback]

delusional. if the legacy is sexy than rosie o donnell is a wet dream. it's pleasant and nice, but not any different than the other UJS's. Its bland like the Sonata.

i don't have the luxury of buying vehicles for style, it costs too much money. i need to get the most space and safety etc. i can for the money, which is why i am not drivng say, an X5 and a 335i.

start earning some money to pay your own house payments, insurance, taxes, health insurance and medical bills, school, food, utilities, etc......i.e. paying for your own stuff and then maybe you see the perspective lots of everyday folks are shopping for cars within. and we prefer not to wreck them up after we purchase them also.

my 500 may not be as 'sexy' as the legacy, but that Legacy same equipped is 200 bucks more a month. 200 valuable bucks.

the main page article said the Holden Pontiac Commodore would be here in 2007. If that becomes true and it has AWD then this whole topic becomes moot.

Edited by regfootball

Honda's AWD v6 car (RL) is 50 grand and 4000 pounds so I guess that proves what Honda would do with an AWD Accord.

But that is an Acura...a bit more upscale that a Galant/Camry/Accord that I was referring to. Market that same thing under the Honda nameplate and consider $10-$15K less. Still more money and potentially heavier than the Ralliart, but there will still be an audience for it. My point was AWD is held to a higher regard on these forums over FWD and maybe even RWD for some folks. If I told you the RL was 50K with FWD you would laugh ridiculously, bring on AWD and it earns a little more respect. My bet is the Accord and Camry of today with AWD and more sporting engines would also earn them some more respect.