Chevrolet WTTC Ultra - PHOTOS: REAL

Wow, that looks pretty cool. It needs to looks the wing and some of the other ricey add-ons, but they won't be there for production anyways. I think this looks like a non-retro HHR, actually.

Dare I say the head-on view says "get the hell out of my way" just as loudly if not more so than the Camaro?

Dare I say the head-on view says "get the hell out of my way" just as loudly if not more so than the Camaro?

198057[/snapback]

Looks just as pissed off as the '03-'07 Silverados.

If they can make this thing cheap enough, maybe they can compete with the japanese manufacturers in the ricer market...steal some of the Honda core.

Keep up the adulation. Not only do you increase the acceptance of this design for international markets, but you'll help the case for making the Optra and Cobalt replacements the same vehicle (in sedan form at least). Now if only they'd bring this concept to LA and Detroit.

Edited by thegriffon

Keep up the adulation. Not only do you increase the acceptance of this design for international markets, but you'll help the case for making the Optra and Cobalt replacements the same vehicle (in sedan form at least). Now if only they'd bring this concept to LA and Detroit.

198357[/snapback]

if only it were out within the next two years. with the civic completely upmarket thanks to a stylish new presence and its great quality feel/look.....chevrolet/GM are going to be caught blindsided yet again as the subcompact and compact market continue to explode, and now become more profitable than ever. Corolla, Sentra, 3 are all going the same route, it's only the domestics that yet again are forced to sell a car to the mass cheapos. A car with real style like this would help to command a higher price. OF course content and quality would need to be much better than what they are on cobalt now.

Ehhh, it's not so tall, nor so narrow. The average height of a production 5-door hatch in this class is about 57.5"—the WTCC Ultra, sans rear wing, is 58.7". The Fiat Stilo, Peugeot 307 and previous Civic hatch are all taller. As for width almost all (except the new European Focus, which has its own wide fender arches) are under 70"—the WTCC Ultra measures in at 75", so there is plenty of room to cut those outrageous fenders and maintain a competitive width. Wheelbase is also class-leading at 104.3", although sedan and wagon variants (including GM's) are often on an extended wheelbase.

Ehhh, it's not so tall, nor so narrow. The average height of a production 5-door hatch in this class is about 57.5"—the WTCC Ultra, sans rear wing, is 58.7". The Fiat Stilo, Peugeot 307 and previous Civic hatch are all taller. As for width almost all (except the new European Focus, which has its own wide fender arches) are under 70"—the WTCC Ultra measures in at 75", so there is plenty of room to cut those outrageous fenders and maintain a competitive width. Wheelbase is also class-leading at 104.3", although sedan and wagon variants (including GM's) are often on an extended wheelbase.

198572[/snapback]

You have shelved my reservations, will we be seeing new pics, maybe real world pics, anytime soon?

Why do C-segment sedans and wagons need an extended wheelbase? Why can't they just be on a regular wheelbase (104.3" is ideal), and just get as much passenger and cargo room from that?

Very stylish car BTW, it would actually propel Chevy compacts to be inspiring something, rather than inspiring mediocrity which is what all of those cars have ever done, maybe with a couple very minor exceptions. The rear looks a little odd, but very welcome and better than the renderings (how rare is that?!) as well.

northie, will the 08 cobalt mce resemble this, or incorporate a lot or nothing at all? will the future cobalt, maybe '10 be this car?

201757[/snapback]

I'm not sure about the '08 Cobalt. I'd expect the front end to look something like the Sema cars from a year or two ago, and also be in line with the Impala and '08 Malibu.

The NG Cobalt though, well I have it from someone pretty high up that the WTTC concept is a concept version of the NG Cobalt :AH-HA_wink:

eh... alright i guess... alot of the stuff is really radical... if they make a production version itll get toned down and lose some of its attitude... i think id like it better if it had a decklid and the c pillar didnt blend into the rear end...

to me... its just yet another hatchback on the road... which is something i dont want to see... so i cant get excited about it...

however if they can properly translate this to a 4 door coupe ala RX-8 and keep the aggression and radical design language... i will be very very proud of GM

eh... alright i guess... alot of the stuff is really radical... if they make a production version itll get toned down and lose some of its attitude... i think id like it better if it had a decklid and the c pillar didnt blend into the rear end...

to me... its just yet another hatchback on the road... which is something i dont want to see... so i cant get excited about it...

however if they can properly translate this to a 4 door coupe ala RX-8 and keep the aggression and radical design language... i will be very very proud of GM

203469[/snapback]

Posted Image

Here it is in clay without the wing. To give you an idea of the shape better.