Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

You know you grew up in the 90s when...

mustang84

I was born in 81 so my childhood really starts the mid-80's into the 90's

I remeber Alf (had an ALF skateboard) and Mr. Belvedere...the Conan Movies...Rambo II and III(Gotta love Rambo helping the Taliban).

We lived in Germany from 87-late 91 so every german kid thought my moms 86 Camaro was Kitt.

Berlin wall comes down

Pink Floyd's The Wall

NIN-Head like a Hole

Revenge of the Nerds I and II

Lego Technics (I stuck one the electric motors in my sisters hair)

DOS Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune

TMNT

Batman the Movie

Soundgarden and Alice in Chains

Sega vs SN

Mortal Combat

NBA Jams

Total Recall

Demolition Man

Edited by quantum110

They're Pinky, they're pinky, and the brain brain brain brain brain

what about freakazoid...

Holy Christ! I'm not the only one on this planet that watched Freakazoid!

Heh... I actually have some episodes on my laptop that I found on the P2P networks. The genius behind that show and Pinky and the Brain was lost on me when I was a kid, but I saw some of the episodes again at my age and laughed my ass off.

• 1 year later...
Holy Christ! I'm not the only one on this planet that watched Freakazoid!

Heh... I actually have some episodes on my laptop that I found on the P2P networks. The genius behind that show and Pinky and the Brain was lost on me when I was a kid, but I saw some of the episodes again at my age and laughed my ass off.

Freakazoid was on Cartoon Network as late as 2004, but it aired at 4:00 am, I used to watch it all the time.

Remember Earthworm Jim? The cartoon and the video game?

*When the Furrby had more computing power than the Apollo moon lander.

*When the Tomagotchi had twice the computing power than the First laptop Osborne 1 (1981)

• 3 months later...
WHO HERE REMEMBERS THE DOUBLE BIG MAC??

Linda Tripp?

The double Big Mac? Oh yeah, as if 540 calories and over 50% of your saturated fat intake from the standard Big Mac isn't enough...funny.

Linda Tripp got some serious plastic surgery and a makeover...it's a "start." She was a veritable fright...a "three-bagger"...a "coyote arm" waiting to happen...

Two words: bumblebee girl

1. Bumblebee girl grew up to be pretty hot.

2. I got to see Blind Melon live this summer for free. Great show.

And I would just like to say that while I grew up in the 90s, I have never done the Macarena. That is all.

I listen to Garbage all the time.... only have the 1st two albums.

Rememeber the "Only Happy When it Rains" video? HAWWT.

I had a crush on Shirley Manson back in high school.

Everclear is a good band too.... "AM radio" :P

I get depressed when I read this list because I recognize all the references, but I can't remember anything about them. I never got to watch all the cool shows.

I never had LA Gear shoes, but I had BK Ratch Techs and the ones with the windows that had shiny blue goo in them.

Also ReBoot was the most kickass 90's cartoon, hands down.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

yeah I had a big wheel in the 80's. by the 90's I was too big for 'em, and already knew how to ride a bike anyway.

And I keep thinking about how good 90's music was. especially if you listen to anything on the radio that's made now adays. is it just me or does todays music have no soul? i think it just drones; it's not even really music anymore.

yeah I had a big wheel in the 80's. by the 90's I was too big for 'em, and already knew how to ride a bike anyway.

And I keep thinking about how good 90's music was. especially if you listen to anything on the radio that's made now adays. is it just me or does todays music have no soul? i think it just drones; it's not even really music anymore.

Big Wheels were a craze of the '70s, when many manufacturers made competing products, due to weak copyrights.

'90s music is fantastic compared to everything made after 2000. But it was terribly depressing compared to the '60s, '70s and '80s. Grunge was awful, and the copycats and derivatives were worse.

Big Wheels were a craze of the '70s, when many manufacturers made competing products, due to weak copyrights.

'90s music is fantastic compared to everything made after 2000. But it was terribly depressing compared to the '60s, '70s and '80s. Grunge was awful, and the copycats and derivatives were worse.

60's and 70's I'd agree with, the music was fantastic (but then again I didn't grow up in the 60's and 70's, so my experience with them feels secondhand)

but the 80's not so much. I know there are quite a few notable exceptions (Metallica, Pantera, Judas Priest, et al) but the era was still dominated by stuff like A Flock of Seagulls and A-ha and stuff like that.

And I like Grunge and 90's Punk. that's what I grew up on.

Edited by Turbojett