WOW! New real-world pics of the Outlook!

Once again, it looks like the real-world vehicle is much better than even what the best manufacturer photographers can come up with:

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/SaturnOutlook/Photos.htm

Posted Image

Simply an amazing ute, and finally it looks like the perfect combination of style AND size to actually get people out of full-size SUV's who never needed the extra strength and bulk--and very likely the next replacement for our Suburban.

It simply looks like something from a high-end German maker, and the combination of looks/space/drivetrain is just incredible. I was a Freestyle and Pacifica fan, but I don't think either of those will even hold a candle to the Lambdas, unless you want something more spartan and cramped.

Edited by caddycruiser

Uh oh, someone call the cops! The trim from the door doesn't line up. :nono: They better fix that for production. It looks like it might line up on the passenger side, but it's hard to tell.

Everything else looks great though:

-The cargo area looks HUGE (w/3rd row up)

-Exterior is great, even in the so-so color

-The greenish interior we saw was nice, but I think I like this black better

-Fit and finish (aside from the driver's side door wood and dash) look excellent

I wish they would have taken a pic of the rear seat, though.

Yea, def noticed the damn door trim.

Now here is my question: is this real wood? I assume it is, because otherwise why would the console wood have a joint by the retractible console cover? It looks good, albeit a tad shiny...but I hope it's real. Looking good, Saturn!

Also...not as beaked looking as the GM photos make it look in front.

Yea, def noticed the damn door trim.

Now here is my question: is this real wood?  I assume it is, because otherwise why would the console wood have a joint by the retractible console cover?  It looks good, albeit a tad shiny...but I hope it's real.  Looking good, Saturn!

Also...not as beaked looking as the GM photos make it look in front.

198195[/snapback]

Well, pre- or very early production means a couple misaligned pieces here and there--that happens with every manufacturer, but like the Aura, is probably already cleared up and won't be seen on saleable units. And no, the wood isn't real...same old plastic stuff, just done well.

About the only thing I'd change is that large flat black center stack surround to something more like the GMC, just changed a little to be unique. And that said, the Saturn definately isn't the "worst" on the outside...my vote goes to the GMC on that one, which just looks plainer and has bad wheel choices.

Then we still have the Enclave, which is so different inside and out, it almost seems unrelated.

Edited by caddycruiser

Just so all you Saturn-lovers know, by 'worst' I meant that the general concensus seemed to be that the Outlook most plain, the most undetailed, and the lowest-priced of the trio. I think that speaks to simply how much we're being wowed each time a production Lambda is released, though...as well as how horrendous GM press photography tends to be.

So far, the Outlook is my least favorite and it looks top notch. That's got to say something about these things!

Also, be on the lookout for some great video spyshots of Buick's production Enclave coming soon to C&G!

Looks great all around. The all black interior looks better than the interiors shows at introduction.

My wife really likes the Acadia because it doesn't have wood on the interior. The Black leather in this Outlook makes the wood look much nicer. I will have to show the wife these pictures.

Either an Acadia or Outlook will be our next family car.

Check the other photo galleries on the website featuring the Outlook.  they have some nice real world pictures of the 2007 SRX.

Why do GM pictures suck so much?

198257[/snapback]

The lighting and angles they use seem to be the main culprit. Also, colors make a big difference, combine the blah color for the press photos of Outlook with the horrible lighting and it looks a lot worse than this here.

The Outlook looks terrific in these pictures. I think it's my favorite of the three.

Uh oh, someone call the cops! The trim from the door doesn't line up.  :nono: They better fix that for production. It looks like it might line up on the passenger side, but it's hard to tell.

Everything else looks great though:

-The cargo area looks HUGE (w/3rd row up)

-Exterior is great, even in the so-so color

-The greenish interior we saw was nice, but I think I like this black better

-Fit and finish (aside from the driver's side door wood and dash) look excellent

I wish they would have taken a pic of the rear seat, though.

198120[/snapback]

Where exactly on the drivers side does it not match up? It looks all level and matched up to me. <_<

Where exactly on the drivers side does it not match up?  It looks all level and matched up to me. <_<

198269[/snapback]

Remember that the have not begun production of saleable units yet - so anything we are seeing is still the prepoduction units - the quality of the interior looks fantastic considering we have yet to see the full produciton models.

The interior in these pictures looks like it will kill the competition. Compare this to the Pilot, Highlander, Explorer, Pacifica, Freestyle or any other SUV/CUV out there right now or coming in the next 12 months and the Outlook has the best ineterior - hands down.

Combine the utillity of the packaging (will hold a 4X8 sheet of plywood - how many others in the class can?), the 3.6L VVT V6, six speed transmission and the expected pricing and you have a winner here.

To think that the Outlook will be the cheapest of the three - just imagine how the real world pictures of the Acadia and Enclave will look.

When GM puts its mind to something - it really can build class leading product.

Where exactly on the drivers side does it not match up?  It looks all level and matched up to me. <_<

198269[/snapback]

People are just pointing out how, in this early unit, the wood trim on the door panel doesn't line up well with the wood trim it should match on the dash. A minor issue, but as was apparently with the Aura, will likely be sorted out by real production time.

It does look a hell of a lot better than the damn press photos we were given. I love the all-black interior and IP color. The fake wood looks alright but I think a dark red wood would look better with the black. The leather looks great, too.

I'm still not a fan of the exterior styling. The brown should be an Enclave-only color!

Edit: I don't see what you guys are talking about with the wood lining up. To my eyes, it lines up on the bottom and does not meet at the top because of the HVAC vent. I think it looks good.

Edited by sciguy_0504

It does look a hell of a lot better than the damn press photos we were given.  I love the all-black interior and IP color.  The fake wood looks alright but I think a dark red wood would look better with the black.  The leather looks great, too.

I'm still not a fan of the exterior styling.  The brown should be an Enclave-only color!

Edit: I don't see what you guys are talking about with the wood lining up.  To my eyes, it lines up on the bottom and does not meet at the top because of the HVAC vent.  I think it looks good.

198289[/snapback]

I agree about the color. It should be a Buick Exclusive. Imgaine the dark red on this with the black leather interior.

So anyone know when they will officially go on sale?

San Antonio has its car show in November - and the Outlook and Acadia are scheduled to be there. I was just hoping to test drive one before the car show. I hope the rumor isn't true that these won't go on sale until January 2008.

198269[/snapback]

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/SaturnO...Images/Dash.jpg

The wood on the dash is lower than that on the door (they don't line up on the bottom as they should). Hopefully this is just a pre-production issue though.

It does look good, but where's the rear bumper?  This is going to get creamed when they do those rear impact tests.  You back into anything and the rear hatch gets it.

198309[/snapback]

Could always hang a spare tire on it and then see how it does. Honestly, I know people that liked everything about the Rav 4 except that stupid tire on the back, they walked away and bought other stuff primarily for that one reason. Hope Toyota keeps up the good work.

If needed, it is not an extreme tweak to extend the rear bumper on the Lambdas, you sure as heck cannot say that about anything with a tire on it's ass.

Wow! I have never been a Saturn fan but man all I can say is WOW!. Very slick indeed.

I know this is off subject a little, but I did see one of those new Saturn sedans(aura, I think) Black, with chrome accents. I followed the damn thing about 2 exits past where I should have gotten off the interstate just to get an eyefull . It looked great on the road. With that car, this CUV and the sky, Saturn is poised to really turn some heads imo. Now the cars don't look like they came from, well, SATURN!

Very, very, very nice!

It's perfect; I can't find a single thing wrong with it, apart from the wear on the leather. At the moment I prefer this to the Acadia (front is too weird) and the Enclave (trying too hard).

198559[/snapback]

Watch your mouth about the Enclave, buddy. :angry: lol

I happen to think its the cream of the crop, but my opinion is probably a little biased. For the record I think anyone who likes one will like all these vehicles. The decision of which to buy will likely be left to the unique subjective tastes of the prospective buyer. :yes:

Wow! I have never been a Saturn fan but man all I can say is WOW!. Very slick indeed.

I know this is off subject a little, but I did see one of those new Saturn sedans(aura, I think) Black, with chrome accents. I followed the damn thing about 2 exits past where I should have gotten off the interstate just to get an eyefull . It looked great on the road. With that car, this CUV and the sky, Saturn is poised to really turn some heads imo. Now the cars don't look like they came from, well, SATURN!

198773[/snapback]

Go to:

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/detour/television/index.jsp

Scroll down & watch "Saturn Question Mark". I think it hits the spot for what you're talking about. ;)

I like the new GM corporate switchgear, but come on GM, come up with a few different styles. Does every division and every model have to get the same radio, nav, HVAC controls? I'm getting tired of it. Only Ford is a worst offender with the overuse of the same identical gear.

Mark

I definitely like the Saturn question mark and anthem ads. Whoever's doing Saturn's TV spots are great as the "Like Always. Like Never Before" tag line is already stuck in my head. I like these ads, they're distinctive, tell you the good features and fit with the Saturn image very well. These will definitely go a long way to getting buyers in and cars out.

I've also noticed Pontiac has been pretty good between their ad consistency as well. Good job GM.