Sign in to follow this  
dufus22

2008 Ford Focus Coupe, next-gen sedan

The sedan looks the same on the sides but at least it's getting the Focus grille.

Edit: I think the addition of a coupe is good.

Edited by sciguy_0504

They're redoing pretty much all sheet metal and giving it a new interior. It looks like it will get stacked headlights like the Fusion, and the taillights on the coupe(?) seem pretty neat.

Edited by mustang84

The sedan looks the same on the sides but at least it's getting the Focus grille.

Edit:  I think the addition of a coupe is good.

You mean Fusion grille?

People won't be bitching when they find they can actually seat two people comfortably in the rear.

198302[/snapback]

You could seat two people just as comfortably in the rear with a longer door - and it would be easier for them to get in. Plus, the design would look a lot nicer.

Guest YellowJacket894

Looks like the only thing carried over from the old car on the sedan is the roof panel and glasshouse.

You know, it may be just a little bland and doesn't push the boundaries like it should (like the rest of Ford's new products), but I sort of like it. The coupe is actually sort of nice and I'm happy to see that it's been added to the line.

The character line along the side reminds me horribly of the new Sebring...

198347[/snapback]

why did you hafta bring the sebring into this... i was having a lovely day looking at this mediocre new ford... thinking to myself "eh... its alright but whatever... nothing to make a big deal about" and you bring that horrific monstrocity careening into my mind... ready to vaporize any calm thoughts i have recently had... thank you mr detroitnut... for ruining my day... :P

So far from these photos, the Cobalt coupe is more stylish, but without seeing the front and rear ends, I can't come to a conclusion. I'll wait to see one naked. The Focus has always been praised for its driving dynamics, this will be a chance for Ford to respond to the Cobalt... although I doubt there's going to be comparable powuh.

If you look at the tC, it is proportioned weird as well. It's a bland sports coupe, and it's doing pretty well.

Edited by ocnblu

Why does Ford waste all that money on an outdated platform when they can take the new(well.. not so new anymore) Euro version, cheapen it up to meet the needs of the North American market, and finally have a car that can outclass the Civic and the Corolla? It would be so easy for them to do it.

This may have been acceptable 5-10 years ago, but things are different now and fresh products are key to Ford's revival.

We can only hope that the product cycle for the Cobalt is significantly shorter then this.

Edited by Cadillacfan

i dunno, i'm not gushing over this and the coupe looks forced, and looks like a 3 series coupe picture that was stretched 90% in the horizontal dimension in photoshop. this thing has a bit of bangle in it. its not going to pull the starch crowd out of their annoying civics. it isn't as young looking as the cobalt is. the ion coupe even looks much better. the ion coupe is a good looking car that didn't get the interior it should have.

and all of this is a waste if ford doesn't pump up the hp on one variant of this and doesn't make a pleasing interior.

and they better not kill the wagon. the wagon is cavernous and has a cult following.

this tame effort only reminds me they needed to fund some resources for a new small crossover.

its as if they are deliberately making this dull to guarantee the continued existence and success of the Mazda3.

Edited by regfootball

It would be a travesty for Ford to drop the Focus wagon. It's ideal for so many customers.

(High school Drama teacher to his listless cast in rehearsal) "Focus, people, focus!"

Check the OSRV mirrors-its different-is this C1 or C170-based? I hate how Ford dropped the wagon-it was the best small wagon out there!

Not really.

They can't import the Euro Focus because its too expensive and they dont have a factory set up to build the Euro Focus in the U.S.

198652[/snapback]

Which is a big screwup on their part...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook