2007 Chevy Silverado HD Images

Flybrian

I can't beleive they didn't come up with some new, bigger wheel and tire packages for the new heaver duties, otherwise they look great. Still don't know what I think about the front bumper it really pops out at you, but at least it is metal i guess.

EDIT: It looks as if they put the Duramax emblem up on the hood rather than the door like they did on the GMC...I don't know what to think about it, just pointing it out.

Edited by scharmer05

There is another reason for the itty bitty wheels.  There has to be.

198699[/snapback]

The Ford does 18s, but also has smaller wheel options. Plus all this tine wheel combos do is make people go out and buy new, bigger wheels and tires for thier truck after they buy them, everyone around here does it. You hardly see an HD that has the stock wheels

The Sierra is the more classier of the two as others have noted so if you want something more traditional looking go for that. The Silverado on the other hand is bolder with the fender flares. The wide front chrome bumper reminds me of an athele's mouth guard. Kinda like the Chevy is saying "bring it on!" and is ready for the competition. Like a Rock indeed.

Also noticed a difference between the grill of the Silverado vs. its 1500 counter part. The increased space for the 2 black air intakes is slightly taller than the half-ton version and for some reason it's more pleasing to my eye than the slimmer slits on the HD's smaller brother.

Props to GM on the styling of both trucks, I like 'em both for what they are and I'm slightly inclined towards the Chevy(at least in photos) as it's nice to stand out in the crowd of the other HDs.

The Sierra is the more classier of the two as others have noted so if you want something more traditional looking go for that. The Silverado on the other hand is bolder with the fender flares. The wide front chrome bumper reminds me of an athele's mouth guard. Kinda like the Chevy is saying "bring it on!" and is ready for the competition. Like a Rock indeed.

Also noticed a difference between the grill of the Silverado vs. its 1500 counter part. The increased space for the 2 black air intakes is slightly taller than the half-ton version and for some reason it's more pleasing to my eye than the slimmer slits on the HD's smaller brother.

Props to GM on the styling of both trucks, I like 'em both for what they are and I'm slightly inclined towards the Chevy(at least in photos) as it's nice to stand out in the crowd of the other HDs.

198755[/snapback]

I think those front fender flares on the Chevy look a LOT better with the dually flares than they do without. Where the 1500 looked overdone and gaudy, the HD looks like a roman gladiator with a bad attitude.

I noticed the grille difference back when they released those ultra-zoom shots a while back, too. It helps the Chevy's looks BIG TIME. It doesn't look cross-eyed anymore.

Given the choice, I think I'd go with a Chevy at this point. The GMC just looks a little too Ford for my taste.

There is another reason for the itty bitty wheels.  There has to be.

198699[/snapback]

Load rating may also be another reason for the wheel/tire combinations. In order to get certain payload ratings, you need to have a load rating on the tires that can support that amount of weight.

My question is, why does GM still use a steel wheel with a "dog dish" like hub cap and not have factory polished wheels? Ford does, and dodge uses a full plastic/chrome hub on its wheels.

I think they both look great.....but I'm more of a Chevy Man and the GMC reminds me of a Ford and I wanna stay as far away from Ford as i can, so I'll pick the Silvy.

My dad has been thinking of getting a new Duramax Silverado Classic but as soon as I showed him this, he said "Wow, I like that.... :scratchchin: paused....I'm waiting. :yes: "

Edited by chevyman62

There may have been other postings of this and I missed it.  But I noticed in this photo, that there are fog lights in the lower part of the big chrome area of bumper.  It seems to diminish the mass of this area a bit.

Posted Image

200341[/snapback]

I really like that picture, looks mean as hell. 8)

You Chevy truck guys always said that a GMC is just a "Chevy with a fancier grille", so why not get the Sierra instead???  :lol:

199253[/snapback]

When has the GMC had a fancier grille then the Chevy? To me the GMC grille has always been just a over sized semi rectanguler circle, with a little bit of chrome along the outer edge. The Chevy has been the better looking truck forever. With the 03 and 04 being the only time that the GMC was better looking. (And even then, it was very close!)

If I were in the market for a new truck now, I'd be waiting until the new Chevy crewcab dually 4X4 came out, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That just may be the best looking vehicle to ever grace our presents.

Edited by hdmax

There may have been other postings of this and I missed it.  But I noticed in this photo, that there are fog lights in the lower part of the big chrome area of bumper.  It seems to diminish the mass of this area a bit.

Posted Image

200341[/snapback]

Checkmate,

Totally agree. Looks like a proper, mean lookin' work truck. I even like the smaller wheels....and I'd definitely get the fog lights as an option.

Edited by HarleyEarl

I think they are great looking trucks, both of them. :thumbsup: I am part of the minority i guess because i think the chevy is the better of the two. the GMC is trying to look to "uptown" for me. HD trucks are for work, not style.

• 2 months later...