Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 GMC Sierra HD images!

Flybrian

The more attractive one of the duo IMO. The front bumper looks so much better and flows with the rest of the vehicle. Plus, the toned down fender flares look much better with those tiny wheels. I didn't notice that HUGE awkward tale pipe on the Silverado as much. If I owned one of these I would cut that back a bit so it didn't look so wierd

Somehow, GM's HD pickups always have some awkward aspects. This and the Silverado continue that noble tradition. Somehow they both looked better when we first got a glimpse at them in that "family picture" posted a while back when someone spotted them in the crowd. Either that or GM's effed up publicity photogs are at it again. They should be shot for traitorous behaviour.

The half-tons come across much better (versus their competition) in photos, at least to me, so far. Ford's Super Duty, even with its mildly retarded face, still looks a bit more serious than these. At least the wheels are more proportionate and the tailpipe doesn't look like it's going to shoot potatoes any second.

I hope I eat my words when I see these in person, because they've got the power they need, for sure.

Why do each of these pics look like the picture of the truck was taken in a studio and the background was added later in photoshop?

There is just something not right about the lighting, or something..... it's just off.

the truck is very handsome for being a big brute.

The more attractive one of the duo IMO.  The front bumper looks so much better and flows with the rest of the vehicle.  Plus, the toned down fender flares look much better with those tiny wheels.  I didn't notice that HUGE awkward tale pipe on the Silverado as much.  If I owned one of these I would cut that back a bit so it didn't look so wierd

198644[/snapback]

With the new EPA and CARB emissions standards on diesel engines starting in 07 MY, I would be very careful as to what I did to the exhaust of any new diesel truck. A lot of the aftertreatment is dependent on mufflers and flow of the exhaust and the reason it looks the way it does may be because of that.

With the new EPA and CARB emissions standards on diesel engines starting in 07 MY, I would be very careful as to what I did to the exhaust of any new diesel truck. A lot of the aftertreatment is dependent on mufflers and flow of the exhaust and the reason it looks the way it does may be because of that.

198775[/snapback]

I didn't quite catch what you were trying ot say there. Are you saying that you don't think it would run correctly if the exhaust pipe were toned down a bit, or are you saying that emissions test may not be met if it is altered, becuase I don't have to worry about emmisions tests in ND.

Edited by scharmer05

I didn't quite catch what you were trying ot say there.  Are you saying that you don't think it would run correctly if the exhaust pipe were toned down a bit, or are you saying that emissions test may not be met if it is altered, becuase I don't have to worry about emmisions tests in ND.

198970[/snapback]

While he is concerned about people changing the exhaust and making the vehicle illegal to Gov code, I actually think everyone is wrong about the flared exhaust pipe.

After looking at every picture I could find on these trucks and even the top one above, I believe it is shadows that are causing the trick you see as a flared exhaust. I actually think it is a solid 4" or maybe 5" exhaust pipe.

These are not flared. IMO

While he is concerned about people changing the exhaust and making the vehicle illegal to Gov code, I actually think everyone is wrong about the flared exhaust pipe.

After looking at every picture I could find on these trucks and even the top one above, I believe it is shadows that are causing the trick you see as a flared exhaust.  I actually think it is a solid 4" or maybe 5" exhaust pipe.

These are not flared. IMO

199020[/snapback]

I never thought it was flared, it just looks odd.

Yeah, it does look like one big pipe.....

What I was trying to say is that there usually is a reason for having such a large pipe. And I know on a lot of class 8 trucks now, the aftertreatment is in the muffler and the whole exhaust system is key to keeping the emissions in check.

Altering even the tailpipe on this system may bring the truck out of compliance.

Holy crap it's huge. Almost rediculous how long it is! Yeah I like it better than the HD Sliverado...wheels look more proportionate.

199167[/snapback]

And being a 'dodgefan', I guess you don't think the 'mega-cab' Dodge pickup is ridiculously long? :P

You know, there is usually a 'working' purpose behind a 1 ton dually, 4 wheel drive, crew cab, long bed pickup with a smoking hot duramax diesel and a 6 speed Allison tranny....and first on the agenda is not looking pretty. With that said, stuff some decent size tires and wheels under that bad boy and like always, it will make it look completely different and much "better".

IMO, it has a lot of super duty in the front end, which is a good thing. Overall it looks like a real bad ass tough truck.

I think my whole bitchy post above stems from the dinky wheels. Higher profile mudgrip tires all around would look awesome on this Sierra. And a single-rear wheel, extend cab shortbed HD in black with polished rims and decent tires would soooo enhance the looks of that truck.

With that exhaust pipe, all it really needs is a bumper sticker that says "Riiiiccola!"

Come on G.M. These are the same wheels and tires that I had on my 94 K3500 .Ford has already anounced 18" and 20" aluminum wheels for the new 2008 super duty. These 16" and 17" wheels are old school and they look disproportionatly small in the wheel openings. :(