It's Official: Commodore coming to US as a Pontiac

I loved the mid-size Bonnevilles of 1982-86-not totally sure why, but I'm a sucker for anything with DCL glass, even more so when its a G-Body sedan (or wagon).

209368[/snapback]

What is DCL glass? Those Bonnevilles were pretty lame, IMHO..just a LeMans with a nose job..the Parissienne was neat, though (even though it was a retrimmed Caprice until they brought back the '81 Bonneville rear clip).

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea ! We could call it Commodore and have a special Lionel Ritchie Edition

Then we could have a larger Admirable

We could call it the Conquistador and our booming hispanic population would flock in groves

We could call it Ol' Salty Chief

OR we could come up with a new inspireing, appropriate great name

but at the least use a traditional recognizable Pontiac name such as Bonneville

anything but a literally rebadged Holden

While I'm very happy to have a RWD Pontiac sedan, I'm less than thrilled by the prospect of another rebadged Holden.  Pontiac needs a car of their own, styled by Americans with a feel for Pontiac's very proud history.  The Australian cars, while handsome, are too bland to wear the Pontiac name.  This will be GTO mk II, I fear.

I really hope I'm wrong.

On the prospect of the smaller RWD architecture, that is fantastic news.  Very promising.

199064[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more. And I am wondering about how well it will sell, for as much as it may be a coincidence, it wouldn't appear that rebadged foreign designs sell well (e.g. Contour, GTO, Vibe).