2006 Pontiac Grand Prix - new ground effects !

Allen K

Damn, Allen K! I remember when you first posted your Grand Prix on the oldest of old boards. I'm glad you followed us over! The GP looks sick. I wish GM would offer something similar to this in production form.

Hmm... Looks better than the GXP. The ground effects kind of look similar to the Autocross concept's. As long as it's black, the body colored grills look sweet. The polished aluminum looking ones that Toni is thinking of aren't bad, but kind of look gaudy. I'm not sure about the wheels, though... I'm going to have to see them in person. So... this would be available with the SC 3800, right? Or wrong?

So what will this be--an "Appearance Package" option?  If so, I wonder how much $$$ it will be.....but, either way, looks GREAT!

Yep...Special Edition. It includes 17" wheels, grilles, spoiler, flared fenders, exhaust tips, and ground effects, all for about $1,995 msrp.

Ocnblu: it's amazing, I NEVER run into anyone else. I've probably run into to you 5-6 times already in a year. :o Edited by Allen K

One thing though, I wish they would take that "Pontiac" off of the front of the GP. It kind of ruins the clean look of the front.

[post="15029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I actually like it. he whole car loks awsome and in thios instance the Pontiac stamp looks good too. IMO.

Now, if they'd just combine some of the G6's interior materials and rear seat room/comfort with the GP's looks and performance, they might actually have something.....like ONE fwd performance sedan that was actually desireable and not TWO that are kinda hmm.... ^_^ and overlapped side by side. Edited by caddycruiser

I see this great new body style, and my heart weeps, it cries and cries and wails and shakes uncontrollably at the fact that this sweet shape is saddled with 4 G-D doors... :angry:

If this were a coupe I could overlook the awful taillights and the side rubstrip that makes it look like the fender came off another car that didn't have the strip, and the crappy dash. :rolleyes: What a waste.

I see this great new body style, and my heart weeps, it cries and cries and wails and shakes uncontrollably at the fact that this sweet shape is saddled with 4 G-D doors...    :angry:

If this were a coupe I could overlook the awful taillights and the side rubstrip that makes it look like the fender came off another car that didn't have the strip, and the crappy dash.  :rolleyes: What a waste.

[post="15156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, now that you mention it--what the hell is up with that ident/mark on the side? Ever since the '04s came out, I've been wondering 1) why is it up so high, 2) why is it so large, and 3) why is it just an indintation in the sheetmetal and not simply a smaller painted plastic piece? Edited by caddycruiser

Caddy, actually it is a painted plastic piece... It's just inside the indent. Yeah... retarded.

[post="15478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow. I've looked at many of these cars over the past couple of years and still never realized that it IS a plastic piece.

Guess that kinda exemplifies how stupid it looks anyway...

Yeah, now that you mention it--what the hell is up with that ident/mark on the side?  Ever since the '04s came out, I've been wondering 1) why is it up so high, 2) why is it so large, and 3) why is it just an indintation in the sheetmetal and not simply a smaller painted plastic piece?

[post="15461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The indentation probably serves to stiffen the door; look around and you'll see most cars have some form of styling line or crease in the doors.

They should have extended that indent and molding into the fender; the way it ends at the edge of the door looks cheap.

I can't tell, is the Spoiler is different on that or not ? Also, are those different rocker panel extensions? I like the stock ones on my 04 GTP. I am glad to see they are finally releasing the front air dam extension and also putting on a lower rear valance. I know what I am asking for from Santa this year!

I love it the body kit and the wheels... now when can they bring out these headlights (projector style with HID of course)
Posted Image

I also gotta admit that the GM badge doesn't look too badly placed

**EDIT**
Looking at that group shot more.. the black one with the appearance package looks very much like a grand am with the sc/t package without the ram air hood.. still looks good though...

Edited by Decka

DAMN!!!!!!!!

That looks SWEET!!!!

I LOVE those wheels!!!

And just as I had writtn the GP off.... Too bad the media didn't give it a fair shake and GM didn't go far enough when it introduced the new version in 2004

As nice as all this is and as competent as the car really is, I fear it might be too little too late.

GM should REALLY promote this line though!

• 3 weeks later...