AHHHHH!!!!!!! Scary Cars! Booo!

We did another fall foliage drive today, out to Breckenridge going the back way and then over to Vail and then back to Denver with a side trip up to Berthoud Pass.. great weather and scenery, and saw some interesting cars along the way..it was a nice, relaxing 250 mile drive.

In a fenced-in lot by a garage in Englewood, we saw a couple of sad '59 GMs--a pale green Pontiac wagon that had hit something hard on the left front, and a black flat-top Olds 4dr..both were rusty and looked like they had been there a long time..

At a gas station outside Conifer, saw a white '56 Packard 4dr. Saw a nice red '67 Camaro SS in Fairplay...saw a tired primered gray '67 Cougar in Empire...saw a goregous black '65 Coupe de Ville in Vail, and a very clean pale yellow (no vinyl top!) early '80s Coupe de Ville...saw a sharp apple green '70 AMX coming down twisty US 40 from Berthoud Pass...

Saw a C6 convertible with Michigan mfgr plates out on I-70..and a camoflaged '08 Ford Super Duty.

Edited by Flybrian

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a black pre-Bangle 325i with white stripes that somehow managed to get an "M" designation... i got a good laugh out of it... and my family thought i was crazy

oh and a deep blue C6 that i drooled over for about 10 minutes...

I went SKY hunting this weekend... at my dealership there was a Silver Graphite (like mine!) SKY Redline and a Polar White SKY (non-RL).... at the next closest dealership all they had was a Black SKY (again, non-RL) out in the back. Finally, saw a Silver Pearl SKY on the highway today travelling in the opposite direction. Almost missed it! Great looking car though :P

a taxi-cab yellow Saturn Sky (you don't see a lot of them here yet) at the corner of Santa Monica and Palm in BH. The young, pretty girl driving it popped out at the light to put the top up (we were having sprinkles) proving that you can do so at the length of a stoplight.

The Miata retrictible. I hate to say it, but this is serious competition not only to the Solstice/Sky, but the a lot of other cars- Z-4 and even SLK. 25k for a retractible hardtop? I'm half tempted myself...even though it looks a bit with the top up like a hot guy wearing that Yarmulke his aunt Yetta crocheted for him. (I find it interesting that Mazda had to put Edmunds review liking the Miata over the Solstice on the homepage. Feeling the heat Mazda?)

Can't GM do something with to adapt the top from the SSR? Something along the same idea?

a `69 Barracuda coupe FOR SALE

200151[/snapback]

and you didnt buy it... why?

oh... fair enough

Alright, finally, got some pics uploaded.

First of all, here's the VW EOS that was at the Dubois Mall mini car show thingy. Basically... G6 convertible what? No wonder gay guys love VW. The EOS rules. Love its styling, love its interior, love its roof, love its powertrain... Just love it. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next, this is an Alfa Romeo I spotted.

Posted Image

Here's an awesome Nissan 300ZX I want that's for sale in Dubois.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A Mazda RX7 for sale for only $1500... that I also want that's also in Dubois.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another Mary Kay Cadillac DTS, this one somehow different from the first I saw. My God, though, its gorgeous. Not an obnoxious pink, but a beautiful pearlescent hue with classy Mary Kay chrome script on the doors.

So I'll say it here, I would not be ashamed driving a pink Mary Kay Cadillac.

I saw one of those VWs that BV just posted pics of. IDK what it is, but it's definitely ugly.

200362[/snapback]

I saw one too, it's like a slightly shrunken,even uglier version of the G6.

From the pics he posted, I see why I often disagree with BV. :lol:

Yuck to the whole batch. :lol:

You don't want the RX-7 BV, trust us on that one at least. Rotory engines are neat and fun to drive, but the older RX-7s had oil seal issues and you had to *constantly* keep up on the oil level. If you forgot you probably cost yourself an engine.

I'd never buy the Eos without and extended and extensive warrenty. I've see the thing in motion at the Detroit Autoshow.

As for the powertrain in the Eos: 200 HP + ~3810lbs. = not very exciting. 250hp + ~3910lbs = Chrysler 300 Touring + four 50lb. bags of sand.

As for the interior design in the Eos: Did they steal the center pod out of a Lucerne or what?

Edited by Oldsmoboi

You don't want the RX-7 BV, trust us on that one at least. Rotory engines are neat and fun to drive, but the older RX-7s had oil seal issues and you had to *constantly* keep up on the oil level. If you forgot you probably cost yourself an engine.

I'd never buy the Eos without and extended and extensive warrenty. I've see the thing in motion at the Detroit Autoshow.

As for the powertrain in the Eos: 200 HP + ~3400lbs. = not very exciting. 250hp + ~3500lbs + nose heavy FWD = G6 GTP

As for the interior design in the Eos: Did they steal the center pod out of a Lucerne or what?

200412[/snapback]

Wasn't planning on buying it, but it'd be cool to own.

As for the EOS. Doesnt matter. I still love it more than the G6. Oh and thats only 227hp, fyi.

I can see the perfect bumper sticker for owners of the EOS:

"Why yes, I do take it up the a$$!"

:P  :lol:  :P  :lol:  :P  :lol:

200419[/snapback]

Well... its true!!! :lol::D Edited by blackviper8891

Oh... and the convertible also weighs 3810, not 3500. Finally found a figure. So yeah. Love the EOS.

200432[/snapback]

Gah! that's a heavier than a Lucerne V6 and has about the same amount of power.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

so far...

a mercedes-benz R-class wagon in a really interesting peachish color...

an aston martin db9 at the gas station (guy either couldn't use the machine or had his card rejected!)

a quattroporte (for the first time on the street!)

a checker superba!

Saw a Saturn OUTLOOK on north bound Interstate 69 the other day. I was talking with my friend Janel, and I just stopped short and sputtered about it not having been released quite yet. Hehe.