Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

AHHHHH!!!!!!! Scary Cars! Booo!

A gorgeous black '67 Eldorado, another gorgeous black '03 Infiniti M45, some new Vues and Ions, a '60s El Camino SS, an L88 Corvette, a GTO Judge convertible, a DTS in Crimson Pearl, and to top it all off, a riced Ridgeline followed by a riced Tundra with a bumper sticker that read "Chevy wishes they had this."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My senses are on overload from my trip to the dealer this morning.

'06 Z06 in the showroom (locked)

'04 Vette, which I sat in

'06 GTO outside, which I sat in and heard running. Sh*t those things sound awesome.

SpeedingPenguin & I were driving along in his 'Bu the other

day and noticed an old '50s MG... just as we were

commenting on how goofy the two dweebs driving it looked

we drove past SKIP'S DINER. You've all seen photos of it

in my previous Sigs. Well guess what was out front in the

parking lot? A 1968(?) Toyota 2000GT.

I know it's a Toyota but it was like seeing lighting strike, and

as luck would have it I DID NOT HAVE MY CAMERA! :angry:

O'Shea took some pics with his super cool phone, or as I

like to call it the "James Bond Ice Cream Sandwich". Maybe

he'll post them soon.

I hit up about 30 car shows this summer, saw all manner of

great cars from the Brass era to brand new stuff but this

2000GT was one of the cooest ones of this summer. I have

about a couple thousand photos of gorgeous cars from this

past year but this Toyota came out of left field.

It had Maine plates BTW... how many of these cars are

there in the country? This one is driven quite often from the

looks of it. IIRC there's only like 3000 of these cars in the

world, no?

This week was good to me in car sightings...I saw another M45 in red, another DTS in White Lightning, a Barbados Blue '05 GTO, an STS-V, a CTS Sport, a red Ferarri 348, and a spectacular '59 Eldorado. I also saw that Tundra I referenced earlier again...only this time he got a new bumper sticker that read "Ford's Jealous Too."

Posted Image

Judging by the bumper, it's probably a 2001+. I don't know how to tell the exact year. And I just know it's owned by someone in my department.

202215[/snapback]

It's a '99-up LS1 car, the exact year is impossible to tell without very close inspection. Good to see it - thanks for the pic.

I saw a black, blinged out Aspen on the streets yesterday. I actually thought, from a distance, that it looked pretty nice. Almost Navigator like. Definately still not on par with the GMT800 or GMT900 Escalade in street presense but still better than many other large SUVs.

A green mid-90s Milenia with PA tags that said BV-8819. Found that funny.

Other sightings include:

the same Torrid Red '05 GTO I'm lusting over at the Pontiac dealer

a blue Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit

a Compass Limited...the wheels are the best part

an '07 Escalade w/the 22-inchers

a red Bentley Brooklands

and a silver Ferrari 575M

I saw a black, blinged out Aspen on the streets yesterday.  I actually thought, from a distance, that it looked pretty nice.  Almost Navigator like.  Definately still not on par with the GMT800 or GMT900 Escalade in street presense but still better than many other large SUVs.

203926[/snapback]

I would say it's easily on par with the GMT800 but deffinity not the GMT900 Escalade.

I saw a yellow Maserati and a black Mazda CX-7

Right.  Another Millenia owner? :o  :AH-HA_wink:

204720[/snapback]

Can it, Blu. :P

Anyways, got to see the new Sebring. Eh. Only good design on the Sebring is its dash and even then, I could see light shining off the top of the dash... meaning... cheapness. I dont know if the plastics are soft or hard or how they feel since I didnt get to sit in it, but they are sort of shiny, no less. As far as the rest of it... still ugly, even in person. The front, the rear, and sides are all messed up, design wise. That and some of the panels had uneven gaps.

Also got to see the new Nitro. I didn't even recognize it as one until I drove by it. Being dark, quickly glancing at it from a distance, I thought it was a Liberty. Damn. I rarely get a vehicle wrong unless its a clone. This thing has the same profile and proportions as the Liberty... both even have the huge wheel flares. It looks smaller in person, though. I was surprised. As far as styling... eh... it'd look better with more Dodge like front fascia. As is, it's too boxy, too 90's, and too ugly. The rest of it looks alright. Being dark, didnt get a good look at the interior.

Otherwise... I've been lacking in this thread. I've seen all sorts of vehicles over the past few weeks. New CRV, new Durango, my first XLR (sad, I know) lots of cool imports, some cool classics, and some weird ones.

Ok, lot geeking, October 15:

2007 Caliber R/T 5 speed manual! :) Orange <_< (everybody has orange).

2007 Mustang GT, Windveil Blue/black leather/18" polished 5 spokes :yes: autotragic <_< (gotta have a manual).

2007 Sentra 2.0S :scratchchin: Gray, six speed manual. This thing is funky, a little post-modern piece of art, if you go for that sort of thing.

2007 Nitro SLT. Looks small in person, kinda cool except for the grille and headlights. I still think the cheeky, round headlights and silver grille of the M80 Concept would have been more appropriate (or was it deemed "too cute"?) :AH-HA_wink:

2007 G6 GT sedan, black/black cloth, panoramic roof, black chrometec wheels. Sharp, but I'm scared of that big complicated sunroof. :unsure:

2007 Explorer Ironman Edition. Reminds me of a Liberty Renegade, with fake rivets attaching body cladding. :rolleyes:

2007 Mazda 3s in many interesting colors. GM mostly has such...run of the mill color choices. :(

Today...

2007 CR-V...looks bloated from behind and fugly up front.

2007 Chrysler Aspen...dark red or whatever. It's just down the street...looks better in person than the pics, but doesn't hold a candle ro the new Escalade (saw a black one and a white EXT)

And to top it off, a brand spankin' new sliver Jaguar XK coupe...man those things are drop-dead gorgious.

Audi A8 while driving in the pouring rain on the interstate... with my almost bald front tires: Yikes! Felt like I was hydroplaining the whole time. When I would go down a gear to pass, I'd spin the front wheels at 65! :lol:

206107[/snapback]

Get tire ASAP dude. Hey do you have to get your car inspections where you live? If you do I know it wouldn't pass XD

Today I saw my first Aura...in a driveway near my house. Looked really nice. Saw a 300ZX convertible too...sexy car...makes me want one even more.

Get tire ASAP dude. Hey do you have to get your car inspections where you live? If you do I know it wouldn't pass XD

206137[/snapback]

Yep, yearly. It passed back in August but was noted that they were worn. I may be exaggerating on how bad they really are, there's still notable thread on them and they're fine on dry roads... It was raining pretty hard, though, and smaller creeks were flooding all over around here... that and the stretch of I80 around here is concrete. Concrete + flooding rain + wind + worn tires = fun. :P

But yes, they're getting replaced sometime soon.

Yep, yearly. It passed back in August but was noted that they were worn. I may be exaggerating on how bad they really are, there's still notable thread on them and they're fine on dry roads... It was raining pretty hard, though, and smaller creeks were flooding all over around here... that and the stretch of I80 around here is concrete. Concrete + flooding rain + wind + worn tires = fun. :P

But yes, they're getting replaced sometime soon.

206155[/snapback]

We once had a spare tire that was totally bald...it looked pretty funny.