2008 Chevrolet Malibu?

Allante93

That still looks too similar to the current model, which looks somewhat similar to the old 1997-2003 (04-05 Classic) models. I was hoping for something styled after the 2003 SS concept slightly shrunken with better space efficiency and still front-drive in this case.

Lucerene with a Chevy badge.

From what I've been hearing the next Malibu is pretty radical in terms of styling and something never seen before from Chevy. I doubt this is it. I know some have said Zeta, possible Caprice? Or some other RWD chevy sedan? Just speculating. If it is a preview at something meant for North America it's styling is pretty bland.

This is just a Lucerne, plain and simple, I think the grille/emblem just being an illusion of sorts. They would NEVER show something like an all-new Malibu 2-3 years down the road that clearly on a commercial, especially considering that it would NEVER be that complete this early on. Edited by caddycruiser

There is at leaset one completed sedan - since the media saw it a couple of months ago when they got the new product preview. Who knows what this is. If it is the Malibu as an 08 model - then we are really just 15 1/2 months from when GM can begin selling their 2008 models. Remember, January 2007 is open season on the 2008 models. The 2007 Chevy Tahoe goes on sale in four months and has had the styling finished for over 18 months. It is very feasible that this is in fact the 2008 Malibu.

I know some have said Zeta, possible Caprice? Or some other RWD chevy sedan? Just speculating.

[post="15121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, that would be awsome!!!

Carguy: Although there was a rumer of a LARGE FWD CAPRICE in Chevys future...

That's not funny! :puke: Edited by Sixty8panther

Otherwise known as the c2007 Chevrolet Epica

[post="15212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm going to have to agree that this has got to be one of the GM Daewoo products. I don't think this looks at all like what journalists were describing when they saw the 08 Malibu at the GM Design Dome.

FYI: that scene was shot in the "glass football," the new front entrance to GM's World HQ (Renaissance Center) in Detroit.

Posted Image

I hope it's okay that I host your image, Ghost Dog.

Now that I've seen this image, I am certain the car pictured is the Epica. I've always doubted it was the Lucerne because of the way the grille points slightly upwards, the raised hood looks as if it was designed with Euro crash standards in mind. The C-pillar is also exactly the same design, and I know that it is very similar to Lucerne. The headlights look the same on all the cars we're referring to here.

I agree Sixty8panther I dont want that eather. (NO FWD CAPRICE!) But there was a (HORRIFFIC) rumer. And Northstar look closely at the rear weel and the Lucerne looking C piller. Your picture is VERY CLOSE but the REAR WEEL seems futher back then in your picture. Screen distortion? Or longer weelbase? :unsure: Edited by Carguy

I just think the general slope of the hood is not a perfect match for the Lucerne, and the C-pillar is so darkly shaded in both the V250's picture and the picture from the commercial. But I definitely see what you're seeing in the C-pillar shape Northie. What about the rear overhang, and that front overhang looks cartoonish, notice the wheel in between his legs. This does show us one thing, GM styles thier current cars way too closely, it's been mistaken for an Impala, Lucerne, and V250, hell it even resembles a 98 Malibu.

Otherwise known as the c2007 Chevrolet Epica

[post="15212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought that image looked familiar-I like the current Epica-the new one's spy shots on AutoScoops ( www.autoscoops.tk ) looks okay, if not unnecessary redesign. That V250 image is what I was referring to (didn't see the image here-it wasd on AS)-could anyone shrink it so its printable? If so thank you. any possibility of the generation after next to be based on Epsilon? Station wagon body style? ECOTEC I-4 and High Feature V-6 engines?

Why is the debate still going on with some of you? It was a quick shot with bad lighting, but even if you had no idea what a Lucerne was, sticking a good pic next to that one (like was done above) shows CLEARLY that that's what it is.

The wheels are identical, the grille shape is identical, the pillars and chrome trim is identical....get the drift?

And to those few that think it's an Impala--how could that be with a set of 18" chrome Buick wheels all around? http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

It's very obviously the Lucerne. The size and general shape say it's a huge car (Lucerne/DTS size). Compare the headlights. Really give them a good look. They are similar to the Impala's, but they can only be Lucerne lights. The grille shape--however dark--is Lucerne. Compare the wheels. No other GM car has those wheels, as far as I know. It's a Lucerne.

Oh and its a Malibu. There is also a clay Silverado in the same commercial, also a updated maxx with a slightly different front end sheet metal and new grille. Must be a place holder till this Malibu comes out. Compare the Buick and this side by side and you will see there alot of differences. Wise..

No doubt that it's an 06 Impala SS w/5.3l V-8
I see them all over at the Tech Center.
Strange lighting and camera perspective,
along with crappy TV screen don't help...
Take a look around 12 & Van Dyke you'll
see plenty of the same.  Ghostdog gets a
gold star on his forehead.

[post="15422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm there everyday (Tech Center & 12) and its not an Impala SS.

I'll be out there tomorrow although its Sunday to see any GMT900 movements which may happen during low traffic times.

It's a Lucerne. When you look extremely closely on a zoomed in image, you can see the light reflection is of the middle of the Tri-Shield. There is gray in a circular shape around where the rest of the Shield is.

I should have said the poor resolution dilutes the details...crappy is truly not what I meant. sorry. Oh and it's not a 386, which is only in the studio now, not in the Ren Cen lobby... It sure looks very much like an Impala to me, but I guess there is some doubt to what it really is... A Buick grille is very different than what shows up on the wise one's tube. Wise of you to bring up such an interesting topic, and so I must say it's a production vehicle, sitting in the Ren Cen lobby, and it's wearing a bowtie, and Josh I'm not so sure that you are so sure. The Larger pixels on the tube chunkatize the image as well as mask the true shape of the car. The guy with proof of the truth will win the gold star. hmmm

Ok...must be a slow news day...you guys are getting all worked up by a blurry photo of a reflection of a car....judging by the headlight, it looks like an '06 Impala. Edited by moltar

Not sure if this picture has surfaced or not on this site, but it's a screen shot from one of the employee pricing commercials. My best guess is that the vehicle behind the guy is a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu (GMX386).

Posted Image

[post="15100"][/post]

To add some fuel to the fire, what is this?
Posted Image
I assume this is a photoshopped pic...but looks very similar (grill, headlights, quarter end) to the screen shot.
This is a good looking car, even if a production car, it lacks the wheel wells we've come to accept as GM fare. This is maybe what the Impala should've looked like...(although its high on my list next year)