I want to see what visual changes they're going to make to differentiate it a little more from the C6 and Z06. Chevy's getting into a pricing territory($100,000) where the buyers are more demanding of the look and quality of the product. I hope the interior gets upgraded as well. I trust Lutz will do something with it.

Thanks.  :D

Actually I think what you see is what you get on the rear tires. Since it is a powertrain test car, the tires would probably have to be what will run on the final car since that's what is putting the power down. Originally a few of us thought yesterday that the rear tires were slightly wider than the current Z06. Still not sure about that. I didn't think wider rear tires that the Z were possible! I also think the pipes may be slightly wider. Also can't confirm that either though.

201215[/snapback]

For some reason I was under the impression that the tires the Z06 has now are the widest you can put on it without having them stick out from the body (which is why it has bigger fender flares than the regular one). So, maybe they aren't going to be any bigger then. The pipes do look a little bigger, I did not notice that before.

Any idea what those two red things are by the backup lights? They look like they're plugging something(?)

It also has a little silver thing in the lower air damn. Adaptive cruise?

It as been reported to expect a carbon fiber body, bigger tires and brakes.

2900 pounds is the target with more aero downforce from the body panels.

625 and 650 HP are the most quoted ratings but 700hp is said to have been produced in testing

Most say to expect a road going C6-R.

I expect if the number are around 650 HP and 2900 lbs with all required performance mods, most buyers will be getting their moneys worth for 100K.

Guest YellowJacket894

Yee-owwwch! That's a mean Vette.

What kind of power are we looking at here again? I'm feeling someone should try to recreate the following Vette . . .

Posted Image

:scratchchin: :AH-HA_wink:

What kind of power are we looking at here again? I'm feeling someone should try to recreate the following Vette . . .

Posted Image

201454[/snapback]

awww how about this one

Posted Image

:lol: an icon right?!!!!

Guest YellowJacket894

awww  how about this one 

Posted Image

:lol:    an icon right?!!!!

201474[/snapback]

If you knew what the Vette I posted really was, you'd agree. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

:scratchchin: they arent really going to call this beast the corvette "ss" are they? at the moment "SS" is pretty watered down... HHRSS. there has to be a more imaginative name that strikes terror in the hearts of those who own "competetive" cars. Edited by cletus8269

:scratchchin: they arent really going to call this beast the corvette "ss" are they? at the moment "SS" is pretty watered down... HHRSS. there has to be a more imaginative name that strikes terror in the hearts of those who own "competetive" cars.

201555[/snapback]

I would like to see Z06.R, or Sting Ray, or ZL-1.

I would like to see Z06.R, or Sting Ray, or ZL-1.

201562[/snapback]

i was hoping stingray would make a comeback. would they use another old order option code like they did with the ZR1 and the Z06? I think SCZ06 could work if its supercharged

Edited by cletus8269

1. Expect new hood (cureent issue Carbon fiber doesnt like sharp bends)

2. Expect low PSI from super charger. For Production maintance issues.

3. After market will have with pulleys and stuff to increase PSI and giving Higher HP Ratings.

4. Expect MSRP to be right under 100k like $99850 but taxes and options should push it over.

5. Also redesigned Interior for wieght loss. Supposed metalish trim. still cheapy plastic dash.

6. Thick black tire thread marks are soon to line stop lights across the nation.

Posted Image

201454[/snapback]

So your saying this was one of the early Proto type Blue Devil equals that GM had messed around with and never brought to market? :P

oh and for you chris Theres 2 black ones and one red one. they are running no camo so they can measure wind noise deci's. But i dont know how long that will last.

• 2 weeks later...